EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #211
Oobliteration

Thank you so much for the update. I will try it again tomorrow
Oobliteration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:03 AM   #212
Kaitheel

Developer

Here's another batch of bug fixes coming to Beta soon(tm):
  • All Phantom Sea overland quests have level 100 coin purses as quest rewards.
  • All Shattered Seas signature quests have level 100 coin purses as quest rewards.
  • Crew Cuts and Bruises - Approaching Zaveta now results in an onscreen message to alert you that you are near her.
  • Zaveta's Blade Runner - Aggroing multiple Allu'thoa by gathering Zaveta's blades will no longer result in multiple on screen messages.
  • Gangrenous Treatment - Aggroing multiple Teir'Dal by destroying gangrenous weapons will no longer result in multiple on screen messages.
  • Momentary Peace for Bloody Kithicor - Calmseas' Blessed Salt now has an appropriate target description.
  • Sustaining Souls of Bloody Kithicor - The Bloody Kithicor Phylactery now has an appropriate target description.
  • Body of Work - Spiteweed rash can now inflicts poison damage.
These changes should be included in the update notes when they hit Beta.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:41 AM   #213
Wigin

Developer

I just manually pushed the fixes to Beta and started the event and completed it a few times and it reset correctly every time. So it should be good to go.
Wigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:38 AM   #214
Kaitheel

Developer

Some more changes that were submitted this evening:
  • Shattered Seas: Revelations in Highhold - Opal Darkbriar should now have the correct quest update icon.
  • Corrupting the Blessed - The Blessed Knoll soil will now trigger a line of chat if the desired item was triggered to spawn.
  • Coin in Remembrance - The Blessed Knoll soil will now trigger a line of chat if the desired item was triggered to spawn.
  • Shattered Seas: Dark Forest of Legend - Completion of quest now removes the "Ghorkaal Teir'Dal Illusion Belt" from the player's inventory.
These changes should be called out in the Beta update notes when they have made it to the server.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-06-2014, 05:12 AM   #215
Leamie

Hi, I have been playing EQ2 for almost 9 years now on Permafrost. My main is a not-so-uber paladin. I have been running around on the beta server for a little over a week with my merc, Bdorn. We have been doing quite well in the overland quests but the solo dungeons are wiping us out repeatedly. I realize that the raiders and the players who are still in active guilds are breezing through these areas. Please remember there are those of us that are not that well geared. I am working on the solo Shattered Seas: Revelations in Highhold and the grimlings are doing me in with the constant removal of my weapon. Perhaps this rate of removal needs to be lowered a bit? I have the AoE's to handle the load but they require a weapon be active to work. Just a thought. On a positive note...the graphics are beautiful. Great job as always Smile
Leamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #216
Chrol

Developer

This was from the grimling scout ability, "Grimling Poison." The disarm will be removed from the solo versions of Castle Highhold.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #217
Oobliteration

Thanks for doing that. However, There is still no spawn of either group, good or evil, many are sitting here right now waiting for them to spawn, and many more have come and gone. You said you started the event and completed it a few times. Exactly what do you mean by that. I know the quest states that we have to find a way to coax out the lingering spirits, but no one has a clue what that means. I have grouped with people, there have been duels between good and evil characters, we have killed everything in sight, but none of that works. Something has to be the trigger, or you could not have completed it. Is there any way you can give us a better clue than find some way to coax them out. That is like saying do something anywhere in Phantom Sea on any of the islands to start the event. And if you are away from the hill, you would not know if anything you did started it or not without having to travel back to it.

You guys are doing a great job with the beta by the way. I can't wait to see it live.
Oobliteration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:39 PM   #218
Wigin

Developer

I just naturally did it on Beta and it was waiting to be triggered. The only thing I will say is that it is the Bloody Battle of >Kithicor<.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #219
Mercychalice

does this mean that it will stop telling me the mob is too far away and that I won't have to send my merc to fetch it for me? if so, that would be fantastic!
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:55 AM   #220
Margaritas

Diving for Defenses is extremely ... annoying. I'm on my 5th character for running the Signature quest and this time I actually counted how many attempts it took me to get 10 planks of wood. 30 attempts. Is it intended to be such a low success rate?
Margaritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #221
Thoreandan

I was wondering if that was a hint that this battle takes place at night at a particular time, as per classic EQ where the baddies came out at night in Kithicor. So I looked at my in-game time - 7.49pm Norrath time - great I thought - anytime now then quite possibly, but after 5 or 10 minutes real time waiting it appears that Norrathian time is stood still in Kithicor - the in-game time hasn't budged.

/confused
Thoreandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #222
Thoreandan

Ok, zoned elsewhere came back and Norrathian time is moving again, 11.59pm - waited until 6pm and nothing popped other than the usual mobs that surround the Bloody Battlegrounds area. Went off to kill some Ghorkaal nearby quickly and came back to see if anything would spawn and still no go. Frown
Thoreandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #223
Kaitheel

Developer

I made the following changes yesterday:
  • Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom - The Shissar Codex abilities are removed from the player's knowledge book upon leaving "Ssraeshza Temple: Shadow of Luclin" or deletion of the quest.
  • Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom - All aspects of Shielding Scales now assists the caster (not the target), as intended.
  • Shattered Seas: Temple of Doom - Belzia now has spell visuals to show Codex powers transferring from Dargan to player.
  • Touch of the Undead - Tola R'Vorr and Ritualist D'Rhivirr now have flavor text if the player is not using their Ghorkaal Teir'Dal illusion.
  • Flora Versus Undead Fauna - The Rune of Aggressive Growth no longer causes hate, if targeting an enemy when cast.
I don't know when these changes will be on Beta, but they should be called out in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-08-2014, 04:58 AM   #224
Gnomad_Madgon

Feedback!

Quest : Momentary Peace for Bloody Kithicor

NPC : Eleden Calmseas

Step : Completed

Enjoyed the Bloody Kithicor event very much. Didn't take too long to figure out how to trigger it. One of the participants clipped a few of the mobs that you do not want to kill with an aoe, we killed it all clearing the event. Event set back up immediately. We triggered the battle again in less then 10 minutes. It seems to be working well.
Gnomad_Madgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:03 AM   #225
Lleeh

Seems all the Grimlings on Grim Shales have gone on strike, have tracking up and looking for over an hour along with a few other ppl, no Grimlings to be found...Can we have them back please, Break time is over for them.
Lleeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:17 AM   #226
Wigin

Developer

Should be fixed now.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #227
Lleeh

They are thank you
Old 11-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #228
Lodrelhai

Was at Bloody Kithicor with a friend for the evil-side quest, and we managed to successfully get one high elf soul essence. After that, every single mob there (from both sides) gave the message "Too far away" if we tried to attack them. AoE attempts got the "No targets in range" message. Mercs would not pull, though sometimes we got the message we sent them in for the attack and sometimes that we could not order our merc to attack that mob.

If we were being completely obtuse about how to get the mobs, we weren't the only ones. Lots of people trying to get the mobs to do something, but didn't see anything that worked.
Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #229
Margaritas

Shadow of Luclin feedback:

1. Players who are not on the quest cannot zone in and help Frown
2. My mercenary keeps cowering (Standard Brigand Merc - worked great so far with my Inq)
3. A few of my abilities are too weak and will not take effect.

Super sad face.
Margaritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #230
SgtPmpkn

So been working on theories but none seem to work... how do you start the Bloody Kithicor battleground event?
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #231
Kaitheel

Developer

It's something on Kithicor that anyone can do, whether they are on a quest or not. It is something players may do without even knowing that it is connected to the event. It is not associated or limited to time of day.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #232
Chikkin

I thought I was onto something when I harvested a bunch of tunarean trumpetleaf plants (to call on tunarean army) and then went and smeared myself all over in that spiteweed poison ( in honor of evils) Um... no go, no army on battlefield Confused
Chikkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #233
Lodrelhai

Phantom Sea was almost unplayable tonight because of the lag. I'd sit there and hit a key, then wait 10 seconds to see if I died before the ability went off. (Never did, fortunately - the mob damage seemed to be as delayed as mine was.) Complaints about this were widespread, and only seemed to affect the original version of the zone.

Many gracious people were getting into Phantom Sea 2 and letting people pull themselves across via group. Even though the populations in the two zones were comparable, PS2 had no lag that I saw and was beautiful for questing.

Right up until I needed to kill grimlings on Grim Shale. Which did not spawn in PS2 at all. Gracious people were also helping folks get back into PS1 for those couple quests that required grimlings.

Conclusion: grimlings on Grim Shale cause lag.
Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #234
Lleeh

The Grimlings on Grim Shale are on strike again, went to both ps1 and ps2 and still no grimlings, few other ppl here as well needing them. Can we have them back please Wink
Old 11-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #235
Xianthia

THIS so very much this. So close to ending the quest line and no grimlings for needed updates. I realize it's end of the line but can this be fixed or spawned please before beta is taken down? Smile
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #236
Xianthia

Thank you anonymous zone resetter!

I went afk and came back to character screen and Phantom Sea had been reset. Was able to finish quest.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #237
Lleeh

Still no Grimlin's in ps1
Old 11-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #238
Izanami

I would like Grimmlings too please. I really want my hound mount. I will name him Bob and use him to set dwarfs on fire.
Izanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #239
Wigin

Developer

Grimlings are spawning again in both PS1 and 2
Old 11-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #240
Lleeh

Thank youSmile