EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-28-2007, 11:04 PM   #1
Qandor

Loremaster

What is it about hex dolls that requires them to virtually not scale with level. I am not speaking about the cast effect, I'm referring to the base stat. A rare level 12 hex doll gives +9 to the base stat and a rare level 72 doll gives +15? I cannot think of another single piece of gear that scales as poorly as the hex dolls, not even close. We have tier 6 crafted rare armor pieces which had a total of +47 in base stats. The T8 equivalent armor pieces scaled up to +80 in stats. Meanwhile the hex dolls can only manage a one point increase from T7 to T8 (I know same as always) but why? So what gives?
Qandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 AM   #2
maiska

General

Agree! There is no reason to change hex doll with lvl up (especially if you (as me) don't use it for debuff before pull). I know some people who made Hex doll on 12 lvl and doesn't change it at all up to 70 (80 now)!
maiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
Terron

Loremaster

Qandor wrote:
What is it about hex dolls that requires them to virtually not scale with level. I am not speaking about the cast effect, I'm referring to the base stat. A rare level 12 hex doll gives +9 to the base stat and a rare level 72 doll gives +15? I cannot think of another single piece of gear that scales as poorly as the hex dolls, not even close. We have tier 6 crafted rare armor pieces which had a total of +47 in base stats. The T8 equivalent armor pieces scaled up to +80 in stats. Meanwhile the hex dolls can only manage a one point increase from T7 to T8 (I know same as always) but why? So what gives?
I think the debuff was intended to be the main effect. That's the bit that needs to scale well with level.

Terron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:27 AM   #4
TheSpin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Qandor wrote:
I think the debuff was intended to be the main effect.That's the bit that needs to scale well with level.

I agree, these items are now useable from your inventory (I think) and there are much better charm items to put in those slots.

I recently completed a chain of quests that resulted in an AMAZING charm item in BBM.  Last I checked it was not on EQ2i because it was added with Kunark.  I think the scout choice was like 5 agi 7 int, some resists, and +10 combat art damage.

TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #5
Qandor

Loremaster

TheSpin wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Qandor wrote:
I think the debuff was intended to be the main effect.That's the bit that needs to scale well with level.

I agree, these items are now useable from your inventory (I think) and there are much better charm items to put in those slots.

I recently completed a chain of quests that resulted in an AMAZING charm item in BBM.  Last I checked it was not on EQ2i because it was added with Kunark.  I think the scout choice was like 5 agi 7 int, some resists, and +10 combat art damage.

I have no doubt there are much better charm items, in fact I guess that was the point of my post. If you add an item that has +9 to a stat in T2, which was huge if I recall at the time, how can you justify having that item as +15 in T8? It just doesn't make sense. Was the item meant to be bought when you were level 12 and used for a lifetime? The cast effect is another issue. I've rarely ever used the cast effect due its insane casting time. I understand some folks do use it. I'm just wondering, since no other item in the game, that I am aware of, has such miserable scaling, why hex dolls are all but frozen in time?
Qandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:04 AM   #6
TheSpin

Loremaster

The debuffs on the hex dolls are amazing at times.  That's what the item is for.  They aren't always worth casting, but on the toughest fights they are well worth the 8 seconds.
TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:24 AM   #7
Belaythien

Loremaster

TheSpin wrote:
The debuffs on the hex dolls are amazing at times.  That's what the item is for.  They aren't always worth casting, but on the toughest fights they are well worth the 8 seconds.
They are somewhat useful in raids, as you shouldn't do any damage right after the pull anyway. So you might as well cast your dolls.However if you waste time casting them in groups, you don't know what you're doing, in my opinion. During the time you cast the debuff you could do more damage or prevent more damage than the debuff can do. Plus, there's nothing worse than to stare at the progress bar for a long time, just to see a "resisted" message pop up SMILEY
Belaythien is offline   Reply With Quote