EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #31
Earar

as you say ... it's repetition and script fight .. not dps check.

so even at lvl 108 it would not be a easy fight because lower tier guilds lose focus fast.

but it also means that people who were doing tries on him will have to stop a while .. to level up to at least 108 to be able to restart doing pulls on him
Old 11-10-2017, 12:41 AM   #32
Arieva

If toxic life isnt bugged than why will the curse land on one group over and over again even with the caster alive, orange rune equipped. I'd say it was just someone not copping to the problem until it happened to me personally. Tends to be on the first cast of the effect. There isnt much going in at that point in the fight besides placement and reuse of life is down. Less than 1 minute in the curse lands anyway. You should be able to cycle TL on this fight every 45 seconds regardless of the bite timer and be covered 100% of the time. Thats just not happening from what Im seeing
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:59 AM   #33
Ellimist

Its defo not bugged. your missing something.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:06 AM   #34
Arieva

Well then if we're missing somethin Gninja needs to put something in to the script that EXPLAINS how toxic life prevents the curse. This isnt rocket science here. If toxic life being active prevents the curse which is what we were led to believe and the orange rune gives the cast 1 minute duration..and its still landing when those two requirements are met...something is wrong
Old 11-10-2017, 01:10 AM   #35
Ruckus

Wasn't Plane of War like this? It was the end game raid zone with the hardest encounters that only the top 5% of raid forces could do, but then the zone gets "recycled" when there is a level increase, so it extends the life of the raid zone. One less raid zone to make/design right away. This way, the "real" end game raid zone for the "new" expansion can get created, because the "boss encounter" of the expansion is never really "in game" (ready) at launch.
Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:21 AM   #36
Gninja

Developer

Are you by chance casting Toxic life followed by a different group buff? It does check for the correct one as well as wrong ones so casting the wrong one would still hurt you even if Toxic Life was correctly up. Bit hard to message that outside of the messaging already there. If you want to suggest some wording I can consider it.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:42 AM   #37
Arieva

Personally as a thaum on the fight yesterday doing pulls I only cast the one ascension Toxic life. Now if OTHER group ascension buffs like an ethermancy after I cast toxic life is doing it then Yep that very well could be it. Our method of maintaining it constantly versus going by the warning message that bite is due would greatly increase the likelihood of that type of failure. Something text wise going directly to other group buff ascension casters saying Your cast has (or may have) overwritten an active Toxic Life!...Would get the message across to someone paying attention to their chat channel.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:50 AM   #38
Gninja

Developer

Thing is, they don't overwrite they are just both there when that happens and they process separately. That part of the script is pretty difficult to add more messaging to but I can take a look. I am a bit reluctant to make changes that can break the fight completely since its working pretty well right now.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:01 AM   #39
Uncle

2 nox's on any player 112 version = one shot for our beta pulls so far tonight
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:10 AM   #40
Arieva

Well thanks for the clarification at least. I will instruct next raid night that no other group effecting ascensions be used and hopefully it solves the issue. Once the beta forums go away and future raiders lose the ability to happen on this thread to see the info they may run into the same issue unfortunately and I pity them trying to figure out what is causing it. You could add additional text to the spells themselves in the descriptions to avoid breaking the encounter. IE a little message on every groupwide ascension that says May interfere with other groupwide abilities on certain encounters! Then add just a little something on the toxic life description that an observant reader could put 2 and 2 together to actually realize the spell is supposed to prevent bite. When an enemy bites you, the thaumatuge bites back! Something like that.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:24 AM   #41
Gninja

Developer

Can you be more specific? Which nox? The wipe message could also be helpful in tracking it down.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:53 AM   #42
Ilyriel-Jentara

That isn't why revelations called it quits. Actually most of us in rev liked the fight.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:12 AM   #43
Dabb

I will say Trak is VERY frustrating at first, but once you get the script and figure it out Trak , to ME, is hands down the funnest fight in the current content. Keep at it guys, u will get it and when u do its great
Old 11-10-2017, 06:08 AM   #44
Bord

We killed it for the first time tonight, and I really enjoyed it. Even the 30 hours of wiping and pulling nothing but trak for a month was fun. It's probably all we'll pull until xpack release too.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:21 AM   #45
Vian

@ Nero, I am sure this is the case. Getting the same 24 people to feel comfortable on an encounter that you need to put MONTHS of time into is not an easy task now days.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #46
Azian

I'm surprised at the fuss this has made. Relatively speaking, the encounter should be easier at 110/112 than it is now at 100/108. I'm going to venture a guess they will tweak it further sometime in PoP to make it even more accessible too and open up the myth to more players. This seems to be much ado about nothing.
Azian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #47
Raenius

It is a wise decision to up this mob to lvl 112 - applying more dps on him in a short timeframe is quite bad, since you got parts of the script overlapping quickly which can be tricky to handle.

And regarding the past: contested Avatars were upped from EoF -> RoK while basically having the same scripts as before - so it did happen.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #48
Vogie

We struggled with this too at first, people who cast Toxic life would wait until instructed to cast it but the buff wasn't registering for some of us. I messed around with it for a good evening of pulls(me being the #1 in the Toxic Life rotation) and it came down to just being in combat and casting stuff. It sounds weird but it seems like Toxic life wouldn't proc on you if you didn't use any CA's right after.

If I cast Toxic Life and the Savage allies/other Ascensions my group would get the curse, but if I cast Toxic Life and hit advantages/other CA's there was never an issue. Our necro had the same issue and we basically came down to the conclusion of you have to be actively casting stuff for Toxic Life to work. It may completely be that someone else is using a group ascension but since what i just explained I have NEVER had an issue with Toxic Life.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #49
Heck62

The struggle to Kill this mob far outweighs the reward.The Mythical certainly is not required.This mob at 112 will be much easier to deal with for a lvl 110 raid with +5 ascension levels to boot.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #50
Leedsen

the main problem killing this was figuring out the strat in the first place. There are clues for certain things in the fight, but we were about 25 raids into Trakanon and still frankly doing the wrong strategy, doomed to fail every time. The fight is on youtube, you can hear the triggers going off, reverse engineer it if you have to.

Any guilds trying to kill it now wont have to pull it for a month trying to figure out what happens when. Information is readily available, just ask someone and they will probably tell you what to do if you are nice enough to them.

Now all you need to do is execute the script, its there for the taking.

If the devs do want to make the fight easier, which i assume they will after a while, will be to allow maybe 8 deaths before the fail script triggers, i think you can have only 4 or so now. That would make it a bit more forgiving, just as the sisters fight is in Nightmare. This fight has a lot of Fail scripts, allowing a few more deaths every now and again would make the fight considerably easier for those guilds which pad out their raid force with a few very casual/inexperienced/incompetant raiders.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:41 PM   #51
Gninja

Developer

The max deaths were set to 12. I can raise it to 18 for PoP.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:03 PM   #52
Nero

Can we have a FlawlessISH achievement with 2 deaths or so Tongue ?
Old 11-13-2017, 09:05 PM   #53
Gninja

Developer

Gnope
Old 11-14-2017, 12:22 AM   #54
Airros

This is not even close to true as of last Thursday (11/09) night on Beta, when we ran the zone.

Great, have you donew that yet on Beta? At 14-18 mil per tick with a couple of noxious dets combined, its a bit ridiculous.

[
Clearly you have not run it on Beta yet, have you? lol

We were wiping to death count because the Deadly Spores dot damage tics were 14-18 mil per tick. Pretty sure that isn't even close to what it is on Live at this point; however, I could be wrong?
Old 11-14-2017, 12:44 AM   #55
Gninja

Developer

You were testing this on beta with what gear?
Old 11-14-2017, 04:08 AM   #56
Airros

T4 KA Raid Gear and Upgrades from the New Expac 103 to 108 gear, iirc
Old 11-14-2017, 04:24 AM   #57
Gninja

Developer

I will do a few more pulls before we launch to make sure damage stays the same or close. Not a whole lot of time right now, but there should be shortly before launch.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:37 AM   #58
Mermut

Silly question, but shouldn't people be jousting out so they don't tick spores on the raid? Wink
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:42 AM   #59
Gninja

Developer

Deadly Spores is a failure condition.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:28 PM   #60
Nero

I stand by what I said.

The fight is truly not "hard" in terms of DPS check or incoming damage WHEN YOU FOLLOW THE SCRIPT.