EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #1
Leed

I haven't seen any chests or key quests, have I just not spotted them yet, are they not in yet but planned, or is it felt they aren't needed with the gear that will be given to someone when they enter the plane of magic?
Old 10-22-2017, 10:26 PM   #2
Kaitheel

Developer

They are not in yet. I'll be sure to tell Chrol of your anticipation!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:25 AM   #3
Yado

We all seen the Zone message you have received some sort of key. had everyone looking in their bags for it lol
Old 11-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #4
Sure

That message might have been the beta raid zone unlock key that pops up when you zone in after having possibly finished the sig line, which was put in a few days ago I think. Nothing to do with quack portals or melted keys...

Think there was a comment some place that they are not going to add in that rare key/portal mechanic, but maybe I miss read that discord response weeks ago.

At any rate like the dev already said normal vanilla timed key quests supposed to show up, I heard players had found one or two already, but not sure if they were making it up at the time as I never found the supposed starters.
Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:23 PM   #5
Bendark

Wiki is your friend, a couple articles about keys down towards the end: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Planes_of_Prophecy_Timeline
@Chrol: Are there only going to be 2 tiers of keys this time or is the third tier rather elusive/not in beta?
Old 11-22-2017, 05:26 AM   #6
Chrol

Developer

There are 3 tiers of keys, and more than just 2 key quests!
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #7
Elinea

I've seen a wandering key guy, but still haven't found the quest to go with it lol.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #8
Elinea

Found the wandering tome, but failed to catalogue everything in time. Same reason I never bother doing the one in Obulus Frontier.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #9
Valkerie

We have found 3 key quests, and I found a new fourth one tonight.

An Unusual Rod: -783, -53, 203 - Sword in a stone - Drukyna Marsh (I rate it easiest)
-Examine all the pieces of the rod. Fly to Pakiat Bluffs and use the rod. It will tell you how many meters from the tree you are. You will have to do this a few times to zero in on the tree. (random tree each time)
-Take fishing rod back the the marsh and equip it, use it at 10 marsh bubble spots and collect the dead fish.

My notes: Its like the game where you get hot..HOTTER.. HOTTEST.. then click on the sparklies. Fish up your fish farts in teh water.. you are good to go!

Barrel of Monkeys: -558, 46, 273 - Clicky Barrel - Esoterra Gardens (Easy)
-Click the barrel to start the timer. Head into the gardens and kill the monkeys. You can only do one at a time and you have to move their body back to on top of the barrel. Do this 15 times. At this point they will disappear from the barrel and a giant monkey will pop out. Kill him. (easy quest just annoying because of how you have to move the monkeys and trash slowing you down)

My note: wait to accept the quest before starting your timer-gains you some time. Put your merc on assit so you can watch whbat way she runs off to get them. And be in a great DPS spec so you can kill them fast.**

Chip off the Old Block: 999, 377, -890 - Floating Rock in Sky - Aetherscar (Hard)
-Land on the floating rock and click it to start. You have to click on a certain five floating fragments in a certain order. Order seems random each time. (remember the order you clicked them in). After you clicked on all five, you have to fly out to the ocean to the west/northwest and click on five fragments sticking out of the water. Then you have to go back and click those five floating fragments again in the same order you did the first time. (This one is only hard because of the very narrow time window and the requirement of remembering the order you clicked them in)

My note on this one: I DETEST this one. Its random, it sucks, not all the rocks pop out of the water.. and how the hell are you supposed to line yourself up?** ARggg

The key turn in guys are NOT always up.
Magma Key - (Rare) - Red Key - Turn it in to wandering Ratonga in the Pakiat Bluffs area
Sandstorm Key - (Semi-Rare) -Yellow Key - Turn it in to Baaltus the Wanderer, spawns on the southeast side of the Metetherial Plains and paths up the east side then west to the Atherscar before de-spawning.
Elemental Key - (Common) - Blue Key - Turn it into Laalah the Wanderer, Paths through the gardens down to the southern shore and heads west to Zivier's Reach before de-spawning.

**Credit for the info typed on our guild webpage - our resident Ratsle who is AMAZING**

Fourth key quest we are working on and will post more info soon!

Valkerie SmacksYouWIthHerPillow
Outlaws
Old 11-23-2017, 07:22 PM   #10
Sure

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Planes_of_Prophecy_Timeline

Scroll down to near bottom of that page, Timed Key quests section, 6 discovered so far, if you feel like editing stuff to make it more readable etc then do so.

Any more than 6 out there?
Old 11-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #11
Chrol

Developer

Barrel of Monkeys and Chip Off the Old Block will have more time added to them.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #12
Chrol

Developer

Will add some extra time to this one as well.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:15 AM   #13
Arieva

Chip off the old Block..I spent the ENTIRE timer just looking for the first 5 clicks. I only found one. I'll give it a few more tries but imho something needs to be done to direct players to clickable shards better. Not like i have gumby graphics either. I have minimal particle effect on (one which seems to do the trick for most *must see* effects in game) and high quality on rest of graphical settings
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:29 AM   #14
Arieva

8 orbs for 8 pillars. With overland lag and even just autoattack dps i was unable to complete the click to harvest mana on elemental before elemental was dead. As such impossible to complete quest for me on a conj
Old 11-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #15
Elinea

Awesome!
Old 11-25-2017, 06:21 PM   #16
Xellium

Barrel of Monkeys - I found it hard to place the monkey on the barrel.

I was never able to place the monkey ON the barrel as the animation wasn't working.
So I was always forced to place the monkey in/below the barrel which made it hard to see if the icon went green.
Also the area where the monkey actually goes in the barrel is very small.
I had a couple monkeys get away even though I was zoomed in to be sure I was clicking the correct spot.

It would be nice if the placement area was increased and was on top of the barrel.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:36 PM   #17
Chrol

Developer

Do you mean after you killed it? Because that's the only time you can absorb mana. Is it just despawning too soon? Also, the casting of absorb mana can be interrupted, but that's been fixed for live. Unfortunately, beta's not getting anymore of these fixes.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:38 PM   #18
Chrol

Developer

The placement area is already much larger than the surface of the barrel, but I'll take another look at it today. Thanks!
Old 11-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #19
Xellium

Chip off the old Block - Very hard to find the shards to click, on the second time through I couldn't find the last shard to click and I even knew what general area to look.

Would be nice if all of the possibilities were identifiable besides flying up to it and seeing a hand.
Maybe a slightly lighter or darker shade, or some kind of shimmer or something.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #20
Xellium

Curse You, Yrzu - Wiki says location starter at
162, 593, -526.
I cannot see the quest starter. Not sure if you need to have faction to start this quest.
I have finished the signature quest.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:10 PM   #21
Xellium

Chronicles of Magic - Still haven't found the floating starter.
In Obulus you could ask a guard to help find the wandering book.
There are no guards in PoM.
Classes without track are going to have a very hard time finding this quest and I expect it will be underutilized.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:00 PM   #22
Arieva

Probably so. I thought maybe the "target is not alive message" was a fail message and it was one of those "Im not quite daed yet use it on me now mechanics" but more than likely dots on weapons or auto was cancelling the click for me
Old 11-26-2017, 12:06 AM   #23
Valkerie

Old 11-26-2017, 07:01 AM   #24
Azrael's Tear

First note about Barrel of Monkeys, when you knock out the monkey it kills the speed of your mount. I have to cast a spell or cure to get my mount speed back or else I am slow flying almost the whole way back to the barrel. Not sure what causes this but I have similar effects when I one-shot kill a mob and for some reason my speed buff bugs out like I am still in combat even when I am not. For a timed quest the added step of having to cast something just to get your speed back is a killer.

Second note, the hit box on the barrel is almost non existent. I placed a monkey under (since there is no collision on top) and it said I let him escape. Next one I moved just a hair more under the barrel and it took it. Since I cant see under the barrel to see where they are being placed it is very hit and miss.

Third note, 15 monkeys will be difficult with such a large hunting area. I could get some up close but they don't respawn fast enough to make them worth while. If you are competing with other players on this quest then there will be no way to get 15. I could see 10 or 12 and that's only if the respawn of the monkeys are increased a little, for 15 it will need to be increased a lot or else I don't see this one being done very often.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:59 AM   #25
Xellium

8 Orbs 8 Pillars - Absorb Mana is interrupted by DoT ticks, Auto-attack, and sometimes randomly and you get a message that says "Target is not alive.". You mentioned above this may be fixed, but just in case.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #26
Sure

Starting to think, perhaps it would have been good if the key starter items had some kind of find me effect, just on beta so people could have found these starters sooner and done some testing and feedback about them sooner. Bit late now but for next expac it would be a good idea I think, you can remove the helper when it goes live if you wish to have the key starters be a bit of a good eye to find them.

Hotter and colder type game, such as you character receives a hint at 100m 'You feel drawn to an object of power in a N/E/S/W direction' at 50m you get a new msg 'An Object of power feels close by and calls to you in a N/E/S/W direction.' at 10m 'An Object of power is practically screaming at you from a N/E/S/W' or something along those lines, just to demonstrate the concept.

Nice 8 key quests found, that all of them or are there still one or two left out there?
Old 11-26-2017, 05:12 PM   #27
Xellium

Medallion Stallion -
-177, 39, 459 Box starter not visible. Must be faction gated?