EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
Syrah

Player Studio Program Manager

Good news. Today we updated the submissions pages for Player Studio. You can now submit weapons & shields for EverQuest II, and you can also do hair styles.

Regarding weapons: we can't do bows at this time. To my knowledge, the rest are cool. Shields are uploaded as a separate category.

Regarding hair: you are not expected to make a hair style for every race and both genders. That would be a lot of work. You can just pick one or two and make those hairstyles if you like.

Hair is difficult to visualize and design visually without an actual head. We thought we'd give you some heads to use. Download the heads and the sample hair file, but know that when it comes time to submit, you're only submitting the hair part.

https://www.everquest2.com/player-studio

Let us know what you think.  SMILEY

Thanks,Syrah

Syrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
Dexella

Community Relations

I for one am VERY excited about this! I can't wait to see what people submit! 

(PS - I play a wood elf female and would love a new look...just sayin' )

Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
TorrynWoodsrunner

The Quiet Type

Can I request in advance a longer, loose style for Fier'Dal men? Dang braid is givin' me a headache.

TorrynWoodsrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #4
rollenzekson

Happy Camper

Do we have to add a bone to the weapon or are y'all doing that for us?

rollenzekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Cakvala

Happy Camper

"1000 triangles is the maximum. 1 mesh LOD at approximately half the resolution should be created only if the base mesh exceeds 500 triangles."

AHah, Triangles! Thanks for that correction. Currently only thing I will be making for EQ2 is capes (working on three atm)  Everquest getting simular update for just FAQ and such?

Cakvala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Realmling

The Quiet Type

Hope fae/arasai aren't too far off.

And here I thought I'd get away from making hair by taking a break from Poser projects. Darn you SOE ... 

Realmling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
Syrah

Cakvala wrote:

"1000 triangles is the maximum. 1 mesh LOD at approximately half the resolution should be created only if the base mesh exceeds 500 triangles."

AHah, Triangles! Thanks for that correction. Currently only thing I will be making for EQ2 is capes (working on three atm)  Everquest getting simular update for just FAQ and such?

Old 03-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
Syrah

Cakvala wrote:

Yes, Free Realms and EverQuest are getting new pages very soon that clarify things better.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
Covic

Developer

rollenzekson wrote:

I will be adding the bones.  Skinning and bone info dont go in OBJ format.  So in the sample I have the sword laying in the correct position and sized accordingly.  Just make something cool and I will set it up.  Also in the submission make sure to let me know what animation stance you want for the weapon.  I put that info in the getting started page but just want to bring it up again here. 

Dave B.

Covic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
Valenda

The Quiet Type

This sounds so cool!

I do have one small request, to all the amazingly talented players out there who are in the process of making hair right now.

Please don't forget the men.

Valenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:11 AM   #11
rollenzekson

Happy Camper

Covic wrote:

rollenzekson wrote:

I will be adding the bones.  Skinning and bone info dont go in OBJ format.  So in the sample I have the sword laying in the correct position and sized accordingly.  Just make something cool and I will set it up.  Also in the submission make sure to let me know what animation stance you want for the weapon.  I put that info in the getting started page but just want to bring it up again here. 

Dave B.

Cool! I submitted one of my newest weapons that I made for EQ1 to test the water to make sure it works before I flood you with something you will just reject. With this said are there any issues with a weapon made for EQ1 in regards to EQ2?

rollenzekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
Covic

Developer

rollenzekson wrote:

Covic wrote:

rollenzekson wrote:

Dave B.

Cool! I submitted one of my newest weapons that I made for EQ1 to test the water to make sure it works before I flood you with something you will just reject. With this said are there any issues with a weapon made for EQ1 in regards to EQ2?

I will check what you submitted when I get back to work monday.  I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone will do for the weapons and shields category. 

Dave

Old 03-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #13
Mrsteatime

The Quiet Type

Covic,

Is there any chance of reference busts for ratongas and the other less traditional head shaped races. pretty please.

Also will it possible to add additional elements to a hair style for example bows, jewels, hats and other adornments? 

Mrsteatime

Mrsteatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #14
Covic

Developer

Mrsteatime wrote:

Covic,

Is there any chance of reference busts for ratongas and the other less traditional head shaped races. pretty please.

Also will it possible to add additional elements to a hair style for example bows, jewels, hats and other adornments? 

Mrsteatime

I have set up all the bust all ready, we were just releasing the more popular races first to see the impact of player created hair coming through player studio.  We could be releasing other races rather soon depending on the popularity of the hair creation catagory. 

Also making accesories is something we may have to look into.  It would be totally cool to add such things but now we will have to set up the validation code to allow tga's for the accesories in the same submission file.  Also the total geo of hair with accesories still needs to be in the 1000 triangle limit.

The accesories would also be an additional shader.

Dave

Old 03-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #15
feldon30

SOE Community Council

Covic wrote:

I have set up all the bust all ready, we were just releasing the more popular races first to see the impact of player created hair coming through player studio.  We could be releasing other races rather soon depending on the popularity of the hair creation catagory. 

Also making accesories is something we may have to look into.  It would be totally cool to add such things but now we will have to set up the validation code to allow tga's for the accesories in the same submission file.  Also the total geo of hair with accesories still needs to be in the 1000 triangle limit.

Dave

All the folks I talked to at SOE Live who were excited about being able to create styles were excited about it because they would be able to make hats and not have the bald effect. SMILEY I'm certainly looking forward to what people submit.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #16
Cakvala

Happy Camper

I could convert EQ1 items to EQ2 items pretty easily, would you all accept that?

Cakvala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #17
Realmling

The Quiet Type

Covic wrote:

Mrsteatime wrote:

Covic,

Mrsteatime

Dave

Bugger ... I had so many neat ideas for extra little things to include with the hair like the jewels and leaves and such already in some styles.

Guess I'll save those for later and just whip up some regular dos for now.

Realmling is offline   Reply With Quote