EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > Classes (CoE Beta) > Fighter
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
DeathMagus

Loremaster

The threat portion of Adrenaline granted by the Adrenaline Rush AAs in the shadows tree still doesn't seem to be able to crit on beta.  The threat portion of the ability was able to crit in TSO and SF...  When Adrenaline was changed to be a reactive heal that is unable to crit at the start of DoV the threat also stopped being able to crit.  I'd like to see this fixed since imho it's been "broken" for what feels like 2 years now...  

DeathMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Netty

Loremaster

Cant say that i would love to see that fixed aswell. If the criting part is to hard to fix just change it into a abit smaller hate proc that works kinda much like mutanic burst proc did. And the proc would still be usefull for aoe encounters. (with just a %ish change to proc)

Netty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
DeathMagus

Loremaster

I think that you're missing the point here... it is a portion of an ability that was broken about 2 years ago and simply never fixed.  Changing how it works isn't required... having it be changed back to how it had been pre adrenaline nerf would be nice.. since the threat was also nerfed and I honestly just believe that the devs either simply didn't notice.. or bother to fix what was broken when they changed adrenaline.  

Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Netty

Loremaster

And i think you are missing the point. The ability can crit as it is a heal to it and heals should not crit. i would think its easier just to put the hate on another ability or change it into something that still would be usefull even if it dident crit.

Netty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Davngr1

Loremaster

would love to see them add a 5% stone skin chance on any damage to it instead. 

Old 11-09-2012, 03:43 AM   #6
DeathMagus

Loremaster

I'm pretty sure that the devs can figure out how to leave the reactive heal portion not critting and have the threat portion crit.  Especially since the threat doesn't come from being hit like the heal does... it comes from hitting mobs.  If the devs can't figure out how to get an ability to work like that.. then I'd have to say SOE should hire some new devs that actually know how to code or that this game is in general coded more poorly than I already believe it to be.  

Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
DeathMagus

Loremaster

Just to add some clarity SKs have several abilities with a heal compnent that cannot crit and damage/threat components that do.  Examples include Unholy Blessing, Innoruuk's Caress (with focus), and Malevolent Protection.  So clearly it is possible for abilities to have compnents that are able to crit whilst also having compnents that do not.