EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Forum Help and Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
Amphibia

Loremaster

Search button seem to always come up with zero hits, how come? I need to find some of my old posts, how can I do this?

Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
Lempo

Loremaster

Search function on here was pretty worthless anyway, it seems really screwed up now.

You would be much better off trying to search by going to google, if you know text to search for you WILL be able to find it.

and typing "site:forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/" (without the quotes) and then the text you want to search for.

This forum software is junk, period.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
TSR-MattG

Customer Service

It appears the search function is not pulling up posts prior to when we did our forum migration. The admins are aware of this and looking in to it ASAP SMILEY

Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Katttara

Lord

Ok...so the last red post/update on this problem was the 9th of March and it is now the 22nd...and no update etc?

It is really a pain to use google to search your own pages, and very clumsy.

Can you fix this please or let us know you have not forgotten about this and it matters? Nearly two weeks without

even a word seems a bit much.

Thanks.

Kat :@
Katttara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
TSR-MattG

Customer Service

Katttara wrote:

Ok...so the last red post/update on this problem was the 9th of March and it is now the 22nd...and no update etc?

It is really a pain to use google to search your own pages, and very clumsy.

Can you fix this please or let us know you have not forgotten about this and it matters? Nearly two weeks without

even a word seems a bit much.

Thanks.

It certainly hasn't been forgotten about however since I'm not directly involved in the work being done I can't comment on the status of a fix for searching posts prior to the forums migration, but I can tell you it hasn't been forgotten.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
Afista

Loremaster

TSR-MattG wrote:

..., but I can tell you it hasn't been forgotten.

TY for at least letting us know it's being worked on SMILEY

I'm going absolutely insane without the ability to search! It's even more troublesome than having to log in repeatedly :p

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
TSR-MattG

Customer Service

Trust me, I want the feature working as much (if not more) than you do SMILEY I have not heard word on a resolution for this but I do know it's being looked in to, unfortunately the team which does so is completely seperate from mine so I still cannot offer comment on status.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Piestro

Community Relations

TSR-MattG wrote:

Trust me, I want the feature working as much (if not more) than you do I have not heard word on a resolution for this but I do know it's being looked in to, unfortunately the team which does so is completely seperate from mine so I still cannot offer comment on status.

It's a topic we're very concerned with in Community as well. We use the search feature more than anyone. That being said we'll do our best to keep everyone informed as we can.

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
Dethdlr
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Advent of Valor

Fansite Staff

Any chance of getting them to actually "fix" search while they're working on it rather than just restoring it to it's previous partially working state? 

I'm sure it would cut down on posts if people could actually search and find answers to their questions without having to constantly ask them over and over again.

I can't find where I poste this before (because search is currently broke SMILEY  )  but it does some really funky things.  Searching for more than one search term is futile.  It actually gives you different results based on the order of the search terms you type in.  Also, most of the time, page two of search results throws the order out the window and just gives them to you in whatever order it feels like.  I won't bother going on and on, I'm sure you guys know tons of other things that don't work quite right with the forums. 

I'm just suggesting that you get some of your larger, more muscular staff members to guard the door once they start working on resolving the current issue and imply that it would be in their best interests to fix the rest of them while they're at it.  SMILEY

Dethdlr

EQ2U Lead Programmer |Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator | EQ2Wire.com Columnist

Dethdlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #10
Te'ana

Tester

I think the solution must have been to completely disable all searches and e-mail notifications.

Perhaps sending a big box of warm chocolate chip cookies, a dozen pizzas, and cold beverages would help. Delivered by the muscular staff members of course SMILEY

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote