EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Vashek

Loremaster

Just curious which type of weapon most battle clerics use? New to the game; does the weapon dmg between the two types become minscule at end-game?

Vashek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
gatrm

Loremaster

Grouped with a tank on names- go 1h/shield for shield ally.  DPSing on trash or instances or solo, 2h if you can find a decent 2h weapon.  At 90, in DoV, non-raid 2h weapons are extremely rare, so necessity will have you using s/b so you can get enough crit to be viable.  Pre DoV 2h are essentially obsolete because they don't have enough crit on them.  I have seen rumors of non raid 2h in dov, but haven't actually seen one other than the quested one that doesn't have enough crit to make it viable.

DoV is a rather depressing expansion gear wise, and I'm leary of the direction the devs are taking with melee healers.

gatrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
Hilt

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Just curious which type of weapon most battle clerics use? New to the game; does the weapon dmg between the two types become minscule at end-game?

For the longest time, especially when I had 100 % melee crit originally, I used a 2 hander blessed sledge, but my mythical is a 1 hander that I'll have to couple with an epic buckler. So I'm guessing I will have to weigh what becomes available to me at higher levels, before during and after I have my mythical / enervated.

My hope? I prefer the look and feel of the 2 hander...

Hilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
thegriss

Guardian

If you plan to melee a 2h is the way to go. Even tho they lack the extra adorn slots a 1h/ shield allows you its not much of a loss compared to the massive amount of damage a 2h puts out compared to a 1h/shield.

thegriss is offline   Reply With Quote