EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #61
Crismorn

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Rothgar wants to do at least 1 progression server, but it's actually a lot of work and we'd have to show a ton of interest.

An EoF locked pvp server would be godly.

sweet mother of god~

I mean yes please

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #62
Crismorn

Loremaster

An EOF Locked Server where ALL items are available, BUT all Items ROK+ Are Red and unusable.

TSO Trees/Heroic Trees are Red Unusable, So are SF Trees.

Anyone can Transfer to the Server, if your 90 your level is reduced to 70, but your still a 90, and your 20 levels beyond that are red and unusable.

So is your ROK+Gear.

However you can still go to other places (like DoV) you just are a level 70 in a level 90 zone.

No xfers at all imo. and of course pvp enabled

remove all the areas past EoF though, that is just weird

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:39 AM   #63
Guld_Ulrish

Loremaster

No xfers, ppl got chars with all the best eof raid stuff on their t7 twinks lol.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #64
Cocytus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Cocytus wrote:

Nah t7 KOS. EOF was ok, but it was where they *started* the trend of trying to make skilled and unskilled players be on even ground.

you mean with the copy-paste of the pvp / raidgear or how so?

For one thing, player skill became less and lesse relevant with overpowered raid gear. For another, that was when they started saying OMG WE CAN'T HAVE QUICK FIGHTS! Nevermind players luring other players into traps. Nevermind ambushes, or other varying tactics that SHOULD end in a quick fight when fighting against a relatively unskilled player. That kinda thing.

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #65
Vishiimtar

Loremaster

I'd resub to play on a progression pvp server.

Vishiimtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #66
Jacquotte
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Verdict

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

An EOF Locked Server where ALL items are available, BUT all Items ROK+ Are Red and unusable.

TSO Trees/Heroic Trees are Red Unusable, So are SF Trees.

Anyone can Transfer to the Server, if your 90 your level is reduced to 70, but your still a 90, and your 20 levels beyond that are red and unusable.

So is your ROK+Gear.

However you can still go to other places (like DoV) you just are a level 70 in a level 90 zone.

No xfers at all imo. and of course pvp enabled

remove all the areas past EoF though, that is just weird

a new pure and clean server patched to last day of eof with no transfers allowed, permanently locked to EOF content and the rulesets that was live at the last day of EOF is what we are praying for

a progressionserver is a great idea, BUT this is a PVE thing and should be completely seperated from this server

Jacquotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #67
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster

I would do this in an instant.  I miss those days.  Yeah, I raided, but most often than not the gear I used was group instance or PvP gear.  I remember leveling up and then becoming known on Venekor...  I only stay on Nagafen now because I have a lot of friends here and know no one on the PvE servers anymore.

Greggthegrmreapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #68
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster

I was thinking about this for a bit, and I think personally that EoF even would not be that bad.  EoF brought a lot of contested content to EQ2pvp and that in my opinion is where the game is at it's best.

Only things I would change about the game would be having all classes in all factions as we do now, and making all raid zones contested.  That should help apease the ones who are against raid gear.  Then you know the gear is earned when you have to fight for it.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #69
Fluffyhairball
Guild: Hobbygaertner

Loremaster

Make it happen SONY! For onec suprice us pvpers in happy way. God know you have made lot of changes that where horrible for pvp.

EoF or KoS pvp server in 2011 and all is forgiven

Love Fluffy

Fluffyhairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #70
Taldier
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

This is probably the only thing that would ever bring me back to EQ2.

Taldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #71
Jacquotte

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

exactly how many old vets feel, a server like this would be truly amazing!

Old 08-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #72
Sprin
Guild: L U S H

General

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

As lame as the idea is... the Idea of EoF PVP is just that, an idea, an ideal... we all have this "oh man that was so great back then" in our head...

except the reality is, the mentality of PVP has changed on Nagafen forever... something that can't be undone no matter what the "PVP ruleset" is...

that's the mob / zerg / AOE-fest mentality...

People are so used to standing in a mob and doing blue aoes that it will never change.... it has been etched into peoples minds now...

People will congregate on a T7 PVP server at the same places they congregate now, its just the PVP will be slower and be just as broken it is now, except the broken aspects will be the ones we've already fixed and are back to... healing without entering combat, evacing in combat, charm and evac'ng, safe house breaking combat below 50 and breaking combat, the list goes on..

And you cant have some parts of a "rollback" server and not others...

No PVP writs would be awesome, no doubt, but that wouldnt change the fact people will still just sit on EL docks and wait for the zerg... thats the mentality of PVP on nagafen from now until the end of time.  And its 100% SOE's fault for allowing that kind of activity to be rewarding... 

Even if people dont get body drops, that wont stop people from doing it... its a mentality that will never go away.

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #73
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster

Not necessarily.  There are a lot of people, along with myself, that do not go along with that "mentality."  I don't go anywhere near the zerg and only do WF when my guild has people doing them.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #74
Ol
Guild: Elusive

General

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

As lame as the idea is... the Idea of EoF PVP is just that, an idea, an ideal... we all have this "oh man that was so great back then" in our head...

except the reality is, the mentality of PVP has changed on Nagafen forever... something that can't be undone no matter what the "PVP ruleset" is...

that's the mob / zerg / AOE-fest mentality...

People are so used to standing in a mob and doing blue aoes that it will never change.... it has been etched into peoples minds now...

People will congregate on a T7 PVP server at the same places they congregate now, its just the PVP will be slower and be just as broken it is now, except the broken aspects will be the ones we've already fixed and are back to... healing without entering combat, evacing in combat, charm and evac'ng, safe house breaking combat below 50 and breaking combat, the list goes on..

And you cant have some parts of a "rollback" server and not others...

No PVP writs would be awesome, no doubt, but that wouldnt change the fact people will still just sit on EL docks and wait for the zerg... thats the mentality of PVP on nagafen from now until the end of time.  And its 100% SOE's fault for allowing that kind of activity to be rewarding... 

Even if people dont get body drops, that wont stop people from doing it... its a mentality that will never go away.

The zerg mentality came because of the no fame loss/writ changes. People don't zerg because its fun and exciting, they do it because its the easiest way to get rewards.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #75
Sprin
Guild: L U S H

General

[email protected] wrote:

The zerg mentality came because of the no fame loss/writ changes. People don't zerg because its fun and exciting, they do it because its the easiest way to get rewards.

It was around far before the no fame loss... and it wasn't writ changes, it was writs in general that did it... a choke point where people can get endless updates in one place...  

It's here to stay and even if I or 1 or 2 of you people don't do it... 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the rest of the server do.. .

Writs will never go away and neither will the mentality, even if writs do go away...

and that is how it will be no matter what... forever... PVP is dead on this game and I really hope it goes under TBH

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #76
songsta

Loremaster

I myself have been playing since near launch and I played EQ1 for a while also, I still subcribe almost every month to this dying game in hopes one day Sony will wake up and reinstate what made this game great. You can see just by the responses in this ONE post that you would bring back so many subs by making this server. Yeah there'd be issues like safe house and charmnevac but at least there was pvp, and there was the chase, if there was a champion you wanted fame from who kept safehousing and evacing then you knew you WANTED HIS FAME BAD and chased him all over. And travel took work, and pvp was abundant and everywhere and out in the open not in a GH or in an instance or way up in the sky or leaping over your head, if you make pvp based on body drop tokens and gear obtained from tokens and PVE then people will have to go out and PVE! and then people will have to go FIND those pveer's to get their body dropped tokens! Contested raid mobs also=win pvp, who remembers the old days of trying to stop Onyx from killing the avatars or any other contested mob, thats just one guild, if they made a progression server, clean slate it, no transfers....everyone starts at 1, rebuild this community from the ground up, what can it hurt? Nothing, Nagafen is dying or already dead, depends on who you ask. If you don't agree, you're naive. Let it die, bring back what people want, if you want how naggy is now? stay there. Its not like a progression server would take a whole bunch of their time to upkeep.... I may have made a few wrong points in here but thats how i feel. Bring back EoF or KoS, the good ole days! I'd go back to playing every single day.

Sincerely,

Warhawk-Created Saturday, September 16th, 2006.

songsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #77
songsta

Loremaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE4rqHwzpfQ

Like that, pvp like that, the good stuff....ugh what i'd give.

songsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #78
Sasquatch

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

I myself have been playing since near launch and I played EQ1 for a while also, I still subcribe almost every month to this dying game in hopes one day Sony will wake up and reinstate what made this game great. You can see just by the responses in this ONE post that you would bring back so many subs by making this server. Yeah there'd be issues like safe house and charmnevac but at least there was pvp, and there was the chase, if there was a champion you wanted fame from who kept safehousing and evacing then you knew you WANTED HIS FAME BAD and chased him all over. And travel took work, and pvp was abundant and everywhere and out in the open not in a GH or in an instance or way up in the sky or leaping over your head, if you make pvp based on body drop tokens and gear obtained from tokens and PVE then people will have to go out and PVE! and then people will have to go FIND those pveer's to get their body dropped tokens! Contested raid mobs also=win pvp, who remembers the old days of trying to stop Onyx from killing the avatars or any other contested mob, thats just one guild, if they made a progression server, clean slate it, no transfers....everyone starts at 1, rebuild this community from the ground up, what can it hurt? Nothing, Nagafen is dying or already dead, depends on who you ask. If you don't agree, you're naive. Let it die, bring back what people want, if you want how naggy is now? stay there. Its not like a progression server would take a whole bunch of their time to upkeep.... I may have made a few wrong points in here but thats how i feel. Bring back EoF or KoS, the good ole days! I'd go back to playing every single day.

Sincerely,

Thank You for this, saves me all that time i would of spent typing a post with the exact same opinion.

Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #79
Ilovecows
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

I still hope this can be done.  please?

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:51 AM   #80
Jacquotte

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE4rqHwzpfQ

Like that, pvp like that, the good stuff....ugh what i'd give.

this just made me cry a little..

the game was so amazing back then, awesome video

Old 11-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #81
Jacquotte

Loremaster

Sasquatch wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Sincerely,

Thank You for this, saves me all that time i would of spent typing a post with the exact same opinion.

ditto! I haven't heard anyone not saying that pvp wasn't better in T7.

please SOE, we miss everquest2pvp!

There is no way you wouldnt benefit from this, people would still play current game, getting lon and marketplace stuff, BUT on top of that.. a ton of people would return to the game, for the new T7 pvp server.

make it as it was, make us love this game again.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:41 AM   #82
Arckon

Lord

With the addition of mercs this server needs to happen. SOE unless you a willing to lose more of your player base. You need to make this happen.
Arckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:15 AM   #83
Seliri

Lord

Arckon wrote:

With the addition of mercs this server needs to happen. SOE unless you a willing to lose more of your player base. You need to make this happen.

or they could just abide by the 45 PoAfEP & not bastardize their only remaining PvP server...

Seliri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:00 AM   #84
Souse

Loremaster

Seliri wrote:

Arckon wrote:

or they could just abide by the 45 PoAfEP & not bastardize their only remaining PvP server...

Or we can just ignore any complications between communicative efforts, and implement a commonly understood idea. To me, it seems this PvP tier was the absolute amazingness, both logically and socially, so I would not see an issue with implementing a PvP server locked on this tier.

Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #85
Souse

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Sincerely,

qfe

Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #86
EQ2Playa432

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Sincerely,

It's NOT just a small vocal minority that wants this type of server. That's an important point.

EQ2Playa432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #87
Whatyastarinat
Guild: S P A R T A

Loremaster

come on Sony,...plz speak up this is a clear cry out for some attention on PVP...we really need this...all of the old players are dying to get back into a game that they loved, and a server patched to the last day of EOF would do it...come on pvp dev please respond there is still time to save this, these people are your customers and the clear lack of responses from anyone in an "administrative position" is rather sad...These people paid to play the game they love, not the game you've turned it in to please for the love of Eq2, roll it back to the last day of eof t7 pvp...Title it "Everquest 2 Legacy" EOF was the ultimate xpac for pvp and I really do miss logging into this game but I can't bring my self to do it anymore because of how bad the current system is, I promise if you do this you will get so many subs in a minute.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #88
Magnis
Guild: Volcan

Loremaster

not this thread again, you guys need to stop getting me so nostalgic. 

.....still think this is one of the best things that could happen to this game...

Magnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #89
Sexyman

Loremaster

I would resub all three of my accounts again if this were to happen but it won't. I have played since the Nagafen server first opened and I remember the popularity this game brought. All the zones full, PVP at it's best. Honestly though who would patch this server to EOF Days  and why? Just because a few people said so compared to the population that we had back then? Everquest 2 is dead and if you want to make your point across to SOE unsubscribe stop paying them for a broken game. It's free now anyways so you can still play sorta haha. Honestly though the only way to do this is a progression server bUT we all know the blubies will whine and say WHY PVP?!? I say we move on from this until we find a better game that actually has a staff that cares about losing even one subcriber. I

I went exile to ztart a new life...Meet new chickz...Spice Boyz for life.YEAH BOYZ
Sexyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #90
Arckon

Lord

This server would be the most populated server in a matter of hours and I belive that is why SOE will not make one because everyone will be to busy playing on this server and not raiding or doing any of the endgame content. I think in the devs minds they just dont want people sitting on this server and not playing zones they just put out.  Would this be the best idea for PVP? Yes it would, but like I said a conpany is not going to make a server based on old content that would take away from players doing the new content that they are working on.

Arckon is offline   Reply With Quote