EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
Eugam

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,403
Default

Hi,

i hope a dev is soemtimes reading here.

I am not sure if this all is obsolete with the upcomming changes to pets and the increase of possible AA. But would it be possible to move the pet stats from Weapon Mastery to Ancient Pedigree or maybe to the offensive stance ? Or maybe remove the 22 points restriction. It is kind of "unfair" to not allow a caster mystic to have the strongest pet possible.

Eugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Gahnand
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Gahnand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 350
Default

this is dumb. i no vote this request.

__________________
Gahnand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
KNINE

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 140
Default

Its the whole point to go melee, being in with your pet in range of his procs, thus ur meleeing. If u have str line and ur spell casting you are not reaping the benefits of the dog. No reason what so ever to change this. Look at some other useless stuff we have and change that instead.

KNINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Gahnand
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Gahnand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 350
Default

KNINE wrote:

Its the whole point to go melee, being in with your pet in range of his procs, thus ur meleeing. If u have str line and ur spell casting you are not reaping the benefits of the dog. No reason what so ever to change this. Look at some other useless stuff we have and change that instead.

it's not just that at all. it's the fact that AAs are about customizing your character not just getting every single ability you want. There are pros and cons to each path you pick, and just cuz you decided not to choose melee does not mean there is something wrong with the AA tree. It just means you decided not to choose that line.

ENDOFTHREAD

__________________
Gahnand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
Eugam

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,403
Default

[email protected] wrote:

KNINE wrote:

 it's the fact that AAs are about customizing your character not just getting every single ability you want.

Well,  i could read that as contradiction. All i want is to customize. I want the full pet without melee

Its not like my life depends on it.  I just though it isnt a good idea to bind pet to melee spec, the buffed pet should be available to a classic caster mystic as well. Only the pet stats of Weapon mastery, not the melee stats for the mystic himself.

Eugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
Gahnand
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Gahnand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 350
Default

Eugam wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

KNINE wrote:

 it's the fact that AAs are about customizing your character not just getting every single ability you want.

Well,  i could read that as contradiction. All i want is to customize. I want the full pet without melee

Its not like my life depends on it.  I just though it isnt a good idea to bind pet to melee spec, the buffed pet should be available to a classic caster mystic as well. Only the pet stats of Weapon mastery, not the melee stats for the mystic himself.

i can see how the wording is confusing. My point is that there are plusses and minuses to every tree. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

A 'classic' caster mystic would also only have 40aa (iirc) and no EoF (mystic) tree and therefore no dog buff anyway since melee mystic was not introduced until EoF. Calling yourself a 'classic' mystic is just a joke of an excuse for a very poorly configured AA spec.

__________________
Gahnand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:28 AM   #7
Eugam

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,403
Default

[email protected] wrote:

A 'classic' caster mystic would also only have 40aa (iirc) and no EoF (mystic) tree and therefore no dog buff anyway since melee mystic was not introduced until EoF. Calling yourself a 'classic' mystic is just a joke of an excuse for a very poorly configured AA spec.

I looked up your mystic. It doesnt show the armor, but the rest is fully fabled. Guess what, there is a world outside the epic zones. A world with people who enjoy to play their own style and not the "in stone" written pseudo customisation.  If the DEVs want Mystics to melee, then they should change the spells to combat arts and not ask people to drop AA into it. The Defiler... afaik he will never get such a tough dogdog then the melee mystic.

Again, my life doesnt depent on a change of Weapon Mastery and i am not interessted in nerfing or buffing. Nor am i interessted in a dispute. Just suggesting a slight movement of pet stats. The class just would be much more fun to play. And honestly.. who really cares about those dog stats ? I dont when doing lvl90 instances. Are they of any importance in a raid ? Is its dps of any importance ? Outside of raid its different. I even did Bloodline Chronicles to get the Sacred shield. Thats because i enjoy to solo/duo selfmentored heroic content at a challanging level and i force myself to do it as caster.. just for the fun of it In that regard i could go on and ask, why i need to spec melee to get a blue AE ? Rather let me waste AA to have the spell as green and blue availabe. On the same timer ofc. All just *suggestions*

I confess, under certain circumstances i want to use the heal stance and use the dog as tank. Actually i do this already sometimes. It is slow sometimes, but fun and often a necessary strat. With 240AA and Tribal Rage spec'd i can train through a dungeon of blue/white mobs and the warding on Tribal Rage is keeping me up almost forever. But thats unfun gameplay.

Although i have almost all main heals , wards and group/self buffs mastered i am seriously thinking about going back to Defiler. Started as Defiler and betrayed at 11 for some RP resons. Such happens on Norrath too   Just waiting till Feb to see what the AA increase is offering/changing and what the shared stats for pets are bringing. Maybe this discussion is obsolete then anyway.

Oh, and they should allow us to cast dogdog on the run.

Eugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
Gahnand
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Gahnand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 350
Default

definitely go back to defiler. There are so many things that are just so wrong. I'll try to hit a couple here. 1.) If your dog is tanking, then you are doing everything wrong. The dog does such little dps that keeping aggro off you would require you to do almost nothing. No heals, wards, or especially dps. The end-game dog on a level 90^^^ only has about ~700 dps potential. Additionally, the dog has about 1/15 of your mitigation against all types of damage. Healing it is just a complete waste of power since your mitigation will cut that by 75% (or so). 2.) Your point about devs wanting us to go melee mystic has nothing to do with my point. If they gave you the melee abilities right off the bat then you wouldn't need the AA points to acquire them and would therefore not need to spend them. Additionally, a good mystic isn't using just his melee abilities. When you are ranged, obviously you are still going to use your spells. It's an AA line that if you choose to avoid, you are missing one of the most effective lines we have. PS. I never like to bring in-game achievements into these discussions because what you have done simply doesn't change whether or not something is a good idea or not, BUT just because I have raid gear doesn't mean I haven't completed over 3000 quests, with over 750 achievements totalling nearly 19,500 achievement points. I probably know more about this game than you in every element it offers. Even crafting. Even lore.
__________________
Gahnand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 AM   #9
Eugam

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,403
Default

[email protected] wrote:

definitely go back to defiler. There are so many things that are just so wrong. I'll try to hit a couple here. 1.) If your dog is tanking, then you are doing everything wrong. The dog does such little dps that keeping aggro off you would require you to do almost nothing. No heals, wards, or especially dps. The end-game dog on a level 90^^^ only has about ~700 dps potential. Additionally, the dog has about 1/15 of your mitigation against all types of damage. Healing it is just a complete waste of power since your mitigation will cut that by 75% (or so).

You just dont understand SMILEY

Eugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
Gahnand
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Gahnand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 350
Default

Eugam wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

definitely go back to defiler. There are so many things that are just so wrong. I'll try to hit a couple here. 1.) If your dog is tanking, then you are doing everything wrong. The dog does such little dps that keeping aggro off you would require you to do almost nothing. No heals, wards, or especially dps. The end-game dog on a level 90^^^ only has about ~700 dps potential. Additionally, the dog has about 1/15 of your mitigation against all types of damage. Healing it is just a complete waste of power since your mitigation will cut that by 75% (or so).

You just dont understand

i am going to assume this means you are done defending your bad ideas since adding more bad ideas didnt pan out.

__________________
Gahnand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #11
Eugam

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,403
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Eugam wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

definitely go back to defiler. There are so many things that are just so wrong. I'll try to hit a couple here. 1.) If your dog is tanking, then you are doing everything wrong. The dog does such little dps that keeping aggro off you would require you to do almost nothing. No heals, wards, or especially dps. The end-game dog on a level 90^^^ only has about ~700 dps potential. Additionally, the dog has about 1/15 of your mitigation against all types of damage. Healing it is just a complete waste of power since your mitigation will cut that by 75% (or so).

You just dont understand

i am going to assume this means you are done defending your bad ideas since adding more bad ideas didnt pan out.

I could mention that WOW's hunter is high dps while his pet is still able to hold aggro. Better then a conjy tank pet

But ragarding EQ2 i want to say that ACT numbers and others like 1/15 and 75% have nothing todo with fun while playing a class. Either its abilities and casting cycles mesh well together or not. Pet stats on the casters weapon mastery are not fun and the defiler should get those pet stats as well. As long as it doent disturb the raid equilibrium i want the stats moved

I rolled a Defiler before i maybe betray and he IS fun. He is slow and has no dps, but his abilities mesh better --> fun. I ll keep both now, since the mystic has 7 or 8 masters already and i am not rich. Maybe if things change drastically next or the expansion after Velious. Still want to see how the shared stats will impact shamans. All the casting speed atto-attack mod and ability mods... lets see what Velious brings in February.

Eugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #12
Gahnand
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Gahnand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 350
Default

Luckily I don't have to argue to prevent this from happening, so I won't.
__________________
Gahnand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:54 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.