EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 04:24 AM   #31
Ralpmet

Loremaster

Ralpmet wrote:

1. Fame system (already been discussed.)

2. Scaling back of regenerating wards in all tiers, this can be achieved without as much pve impact by doing the following to them;

Increase the initial max ward (we'll take the level 15 set as an example), and decrease the regeneration amount.

Example:

The ward is at 200, 50 regen.

It should be 400, 25 regen.

And here is why;

Over the span of a 2 minute fight, we'll say all the same you get hit by a dot that ticks for 35 every 3 seconds;

Current ward:

-35 +35 -35 -35 +50 -35 -35 +50 -35 +50... all the way to the end

Now, by the end of the fight (since wards can't regen past maximum) the actual damage to this persons health was 0, their ward still has 90 points of damage left.

New and improved wards:

-35 +25 -35 -35 +25 -35 -35 +25 -35 +25 ... all the way to 2 minutes.

By the end of this fight, since wards can't regen past maximum, the actual damage done to this persons health was 360 points of damage. That's a huge difference, and a big reason that lower level tier fights last so long. This would quickly fix the balance of over-ward-healing sorcerers/crusaders, and you can find a reasonable balance somewhere in there that's not direct (initial ward)2 with (initial regeneration)/2, I'm no expert but there's got to be some even ground in there that makes fights not a battle of power/time and more of a struggle to not die.

3. Scaling toughness properly, this means reducing the straight damage reduction and increase the critical mitigation. Don't give me any bullcrap about crit mit this expac, there wasn't nearly the crit bonus before there is now and it's making some classes do more damage than they should to say the least.

4. Change the gear that is obtained through the PvP merchants to have no tag indicating "Must be Engaged in Pvp", there's no reason for it on a pvp server. We don't choose when we fight people or mobs, both things could be happening at once and it [Removed for Content] us. This would have literally no effect on the BG's and drive a whole crowd of people who are ezmoding their gear through bg's (because you can queue up and barely do anything and win) back into the open world, so the rest of us can get updates again.

As long as we offer the same gear through instance PvP we make the game easier to just queue up than to go look for fights, stifling open world PvP growth. There has to be something better about our gear than the BG gear, and we can't have something different because the bluebies will whine. Having all our gear have full capabilities in PvP and PvE would not only boost the population of active PvPers, but there would be nothing to gripe about as it would have no direct impact on the battlegrounds themselves.

That's my viewpoint on all of it.

Edit4: all fixed up. nvm first ward actual damage is off, someone else should figure it out cuss i apparently suck at it.

Posted that in another thread, looks like someone is calling for it to be locked so i moved it to the thread that's stickied, hope that is ok.

Ralpmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:30 AM   #32
Bosconi

Loremaster

Ralpmet wrote:

Ralpmet wrote:

1. Fame system (already been discussed.)

2. Scaling back of regenerating wards in all tiers, this can be achieved without as much pve impact by doing the following to them;

Increase the initial max ward (we'll take the level 15 set as an example), and decrease the regeneration amount.

Example:

The ward is at 200, 50 regen.

It should be 400, 25 regen.

And here is why;

Over the span of a 2 minute fight, we'll say all the same you get hit by a dot that ticks for 35 every 3 seconds;

Current ward:

-35 +35 -35 -35 +50 -35 -35 +50 -35 +50... all the way to the end

Now, by the end of the fight (since wards can't regen past maximum) the actual damage to this persons health was 0, their ward still has 90 points of damage left.

New and improved wards:

-35 +25 -35 -35 +25 -35 -35 +25 -35 +25 ... all the way to 2 minutes.

By the end of this fight, since wards can't regen past maximum, the actual damage done to this persons health was 360 points of damage. That's a huge difference, and a big reason that lower level tier fights last so long. This would quickly fix the balance of over-ward-healing sorcerers/crusaders, and you can find a reasonable balance somewhere in there that's not direct (initial ward)2 with (initial regeneration)/2, I'm no expert but there's got to be some even ground in there that makes fights not a battle of power/time and more of a struggle to not die.

3. Scaling toughness properly, this means reducing the straight damage reduction and increase the critical mitigation. Don't give me any bullcrap about crit mit this expac, there wasn't nearly the crit bonus before there is now and it's making some classes do more damage than they should to say the least.

4. Change the gear that is obtained through the PvP merchants to have no tag indicating "Must be Engaged in Pvp", there's no reason for it on a pvp server. We don't choose when we fight people or mobs, both things could be happening at once and it [Removed for Content] us. This would have literally no effect on the BG's and drive a whole crowd of people who are ezmoding their gear through bg's (because you can queue up and barely do anything and win) back into the open world, so the rest of us can get updates again.

As long as we offer the same gear through instance PvP we make the game easier to just queue up than to go look for fights, stifling open world PvP growth. There has to be something better about our gear than the BG gear, and we can't have something different because the bluebies will whine. Having all our gear have full capabilities in PvP and PvE would not only boost the population of active PvPers, but there would be nothing to gripe about as it would have no direct impact on the battlegrounds themselves.

That's my viewpoint on all of it.

Edit4: all fixed up. nvm first ward actual damage is off, someone else should figure it out cuss i apparently suck at it.

Posted that in another thread, looks like someone is calling for it to be locked so i moved it to the thread that's stickied, hope that is ok.

Bosconi wrote:

I really apologize bro, but NO.

The PvP ward bonus is UNBELIEVABLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Lowbies DO NOT HAVE the DPS comparable to 90s yet get wards MORE than parallel to what 90s get.

The jewelry ward bonuses NEED TO GO and be replaced with (in minor amounts):

· critical chance

· ability modifier

· critical bonus

· weaponry skills

· spell skills

· snare procs

· port procs (possibly coupled with medium-long duration mesmerize)

· root procs

· short duration stun procs

· short duration stifle procs

· short duration fear procs

Toughness ALSO NEEDS to have its conversion rate scale UNIVERSALLY.

Right now it DOES NOT, and lowbies with PALTRY, MEASELY toughness rates of 85 have damage mitigation of 25%+, which is what LVL 90s have with 450-500 toughness.

Bosconi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #33
mrsma

General

SOE, you need to do something on the PVP front for Naggy and fast.

Saying that the population is stable and New players are replacing old in equal numbers is just rubbish. "Run" a character, instead of using the anti PVP world travel system, the any of the worlds in Norrath. You will be LUCKY to see let along get attacked / ganked. 

Remember those days. . . . . DANGER.  Always panning left and right or in some cases up to check you were not going to be attacked or if you were to get your $'it together.  You got sweaty hands / your heart was noticeably pumping faster / maybe you actually got of your seat as the kill was near or maybe you shouted at the screen at the fact you lay dead.

WHEN was the last time anyone felt that on Naggy? 

"" PVP will get some love but other things are taking priority ""  is meaning that patience on Naggy is wearing VERY thin.

Seeing chat channels saying "When is the new MMO out" " only a mater of time" etc etc is NOT what you should be seeing chat !!  Stop sticking your head in the sand.

START IMPLEMENTING SOME OF THE CHANGES THAT YOUR PLAYERS ARE SUGGESTING....ASAP.  The OP has it near bang on......

There is NO open-world PVP. WHY?  Because there is NO risk and NO reward. BG is NOT PVP. Stop dumbing down the PVP aspect.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #34
mrsma

General

/Double bubble.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #35
Ralpmet

Loremaster

mrsmall wrote:

There is NO open-world PVP. WHY?  Because there is NO risk and NO reward. BG is NOT PVP. Stop dumbing down the PVP aspect.

I disagree. I don't think there's open world PvP simply because why look for it when you can queue up for the BGS between warfields? Heck, a BG doesn't even take the whole time a warfield is running so you can run one and still get 5 tokens.

Change the gear so it's different between PvP and BG but do it in a way that doesn't upset bluebies. First thing that comes to my mind is simply removing "Must be engaged in PvP" tags for our armors/weapons/jewelry. That would be a huge step in the right way to bring people back out in the open.

Ralpmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #36
Oobo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Extinction Agenda

Loremaster

my FAV part about Seliri crying about token increase is he wants LESS tokens for the BGs than open world pvp which makes no sense sinse BGs are easy mode and constant...go figure, Seliri wanting crap handed to him..

Oobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #37
Bosconi

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

my FAV part about Seliri crying about token increase is he wants LESS tokens for the BGs than open world pvp which makes no sense sinse BGs are easy mode and constant...go figure, Seliri wanting crap handed to him..

What...? The only thing that's been asked for is INCREASING the battlegrounds token rate because of token consolidation, if you actually are aware of how to review post history.

Bosconi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #38
Ilovecows
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

Like I have heard many people in game talking about, people being able to pvp while mentored will kill this server 100% and probably a large portion of this game.

If a 90 can mentor down to 35 and be able to pvp, they will kill anyone with ease.  I have seen pvp gear when people are mentored down to 35, it is probably 5x better than any gear available at that level.  If you make these people able to pvp you will completely kill pvp in any level but 90.

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #39
Darkor
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Like I have heard many people in game talking about, people being able to pvp while mentored will kill this server 100% and probably a large portion of this game.

If a 90 can mentor down to 35 and be able to pvp, they will kill anyone with ease.  I have seen pvp gear when people are mentored down to 35, it is probably 5x better than any gear available at that level.  If you make these people able to pvp you will completely kill pvp in any level but 90.

You dont seem to have an idea how its going to work. A mentored person wont be able to pvp, it will be able to defend itself. Dont attack mentored people and you wont have to worry.

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #40
Ilovecows
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

Ajjantis wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You dont seem to have an idea how its going to work. A mentored person wont be able to pvp, it will be able to defend itself. Dont attack mentored people and you wont have to worry.

How about we take a journey to the future?

Imagine you are a warlock, or some other class that has group attack/aoe.  You are in antonica in the new WF fighting 5v5 and then a 90 mentored to 35 comes in with their group and runs up.  you hit him with an aoe or group attack and then he wipes your entire group.

And if you want to say just don't use aoe or group attacks, that kills a lot of many classes dps.

Do you see what the problem here is?

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #41
Darkor
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Ajjantis wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

How about we take a journey to the future?

Imagine you are a warlock, or some other class that has group attack/aoe.  You are in antonica in the new WF fighting 5v5 and then a 90 mentored to 35 comes in with their group and runs up.  you hit him with an aoe or group attack and then he wipes your entire group.

And if you want to say just don't use aoe or group attacks, that kills a lot of many classes dps.

Do you see what the problem here is?

Treat the mentored person as he is is unmentored, thus no aoes will hit him unless you directly target him (that is how it works right now). People will grow tired very soonish when noone attacks them. They will be standing arround, unable to do anything because clever people will just ignore them.

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #42
sect0r

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

The thread is not ignored.

The changes are being made. 

In fairness, I have increased my post count quite nicely.  I am also avoiding the urge to +1 on some without constructive responses.  

The chance that this response will be read by someone seeking answer in another thread is slim.   But I am answering and reading them while trying to do the changes that you guys are asking. 

I need to go update my kill count as well.  LFG anyone pvp?

Olihin

Olihin - READ THIS MULTIPLE TIMES UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND ALL POINTS!!

As a 6 yr Vet and PVPer since PVP launch with 3rd most kills on Vox - here is my standpoint.  Take it with a grain of salt.  Or listen to every bluebie and scrub PVPer that is flaming the board.

1.  PVP Gear should not just be handed out to people it should be rewarded to players for PVPing.

2. Battlegrounds are not the same thing as PVP please do not treat it as such.

3. Toughness has no place on a PVP server never did never will. 

4. Every change that came to PVP from Battlegrounds launch has made more and more players quit or reroll on Blue servers due to BG's being available wherever without any wait time.

5.  Join a BG and watch a group with a Blue server healer and watch a group with PVP healers.  PVP healers heal and cure bluebies dont.

6. Join a BG and try to actually PVP and kill people.  You will be screamed at uncontrollable for delaying alt gear farming.

7. Put full indomitable and toughness gear on a regen ward specced sorcerer and try to kill said sorcerer with a full group.  Good Luck.  Before nerfing cures how about fixing gear procs that make horrible players virtually unkillable.

8. Nerfing cures is not the answer.  If people took the time to size up opponent or rival group they can exploit weaknesses of the group and kill said group.  This nerf will kill PVP and no one will play a healer... for 5+ years players have had a group cure on the same timer and not one PVP player has complained about it.  in a 5 minute fight 1 group vs an x2 there were a total of 195 cures in order to win.  With proposed nerf I would be able to cure approximately 27-30 detriments.  Where does the skill lie?  Everyone just roll Summoner or warlock and tear down any group in seconds.

9. Nerfing Fighter heals is not the answer... IF so nerf heals and melee for mages and heals and spells for scouts and nerf damage for healers.  Even a tank in full PVP gear with all aa into heals can be killed if people know what they are doing and don't melee the tank and kill him with spells.  Again problem is toughness not heals or cures.

10 One week into BG launch items like Banshee Hoop and Shifting Band and Impenetrable Bulwark and many others were nerfed when PVP servers were finding ways around the items for YEARS!  Bluebies didnt know what they were dealing with so they cried and BAM! NERF BAT!  Bring back PVP EXCLUSIVE  gear and give people a reason to come back to PVP servers.

11. Fix balance issues.  The WF change is going to kill PVP as well.  Like at WF launch if you benefit more for winning and one side has more numbers the opposing faction will just log an alt on the winning factions side to get more tokens.  PVP gear should be a REWARD for PVPING.  Not just standing around huddled in a circle jerk and the side with more numbers wins.

12. Seperating WFs into seperate zones is going to be the death of Vox.   It is like Christmas when you find a Freeporter or 2... if your lucky a group.   At least now if you see some lowbies running around u can camp an alt to get some action.... If there are no 90s you have no idea what else is out there.

I have many more ideas and qualms and am willing to give Olihin a tour of Vox and arrange fights to see mechanics in use with real pvp players.  However Coddling bluebies is not the answer to saving PVP and the PVP servers.  PVP is the only reason I play this game along with countless others on both Vox and Naggy.  Sure i raid but its to get better gear for PVP.  A raider however recieves no advantage to PVPing anymore because no matter how much potency and stats you have a fully PVP gear player is virtually immortal to any 1v1 action with the exception of a lucky flurry or a assassinate or similar attack. Add defenses to PVP gear rather than a virtual GOD MODE. 

As far as your statement about curing control effects.  Again, you were the ones that nerfed the duration.  It is 8 seconds since BG launch.  Before if you mezzed the right player there was no curing except with a break all spell.  Now its useless to throw a mezz because it just wears off or theres a clicky charm to cure it.  Then again if you were fighting skilled players and a healer gets mezzed a mage can cure and healer no longer disabled.  Anyway I'm done rambling in the forum.  I play 10+ hours a day if you would like to pick my brain some more... Hell ill give you my vent info and we can shoot the proverbial doodoo.  Or just make me a PVP dev and ill help you fix it myself.  But the changes you are proposing are going to kill PVP altogether and lose ALOT of subs.

<3

Tippytom @ Vox

sect0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #43
Crismorn

Loremaster

Ralpmet wrote:

mrsmall wrote:

I disagree. I don't think there's open world PvP simply because why look for it when you can queue up for the BGS between warfields? Heck, a BG doesn't even take the whole time a warfield is running so you can run one and still get 5 tokens.

Change the gear so it's different between PvP and BG but do it in a way that doesn't upset bluebies. First thing that comes to my mind is simply removing "Must be engaged in PvP" tags for our armors/weapons/jewelry. That would be a huge step in the right way to bring people back out in the open.

You can have whatever gear you want as pvp rewards, 100% in combat run speed, 5k passive wards, I could not care less.

But, once you go into bg's that stuff stays in your bags.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #44
Messia
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

Ralpmet wrote:

mrsmall wrote:

You can have whatever gear you want as pvp rewards, 100% in combat run speed, 5k passive wards, I could not care less.

But, once you go into bg's that stuff stays in your bags.

i'm all for that .. because BGs are a poor excuse for PVP period, any pvper worth a crap thinks the same thing.  I think ONE answer to alot of the problems would just be to disable the [Removed for Content] things on PVP servers period.  PVP is supose to have uncontrolable elements.  There is nothing uncontrolled about BGs, you have an extremely controled fight 6 v 6 12 v 12 24 v 24 ... No one wants an arena fight on the pvp servers.   BGs are /FAIL.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #45
Messia

Loremaster

the people who love the healing cure nerf are scout who can't understand why another class doesn't like the fact that said scout will now be even more OP and be able to 2 or 3 shot said healer.   Sorry but this is a class defining ability for all healers ... just like stealth is class defining for all scouts ... so how about we remove your ability to go stealth .. which will make ALL your stealth attacks now useless .. thats the magnitude of this nerf for healers.  

So I'm sure that you dont' want your stealth removed because you like all those massive damage dealing spells that your stealth is attached to right? Or ok maybe not remove your stealth completely but lets put your stealth on a 2min reuse timer so that you can only use one said attack.   And lets completely nerf the ability for an assassin thru aa to stay in stealth and front load all their stealth attacks  .... class breaking right ?   EXACTLY.  So how about we do that to all scouts and nerf stealth completely so then you will understand what a class defining nerf is.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #46
Lourd
Guild: Eat This

Loremaster

I have an issue with the lvl 90 adornment superior rune of blasting.  This thing

Currently it procs for about 2000 dmg in pvp; however the description clearly says it cannot be modified except by direct means.  This bug, plus the fact that you can stack 3 of them on your primary, secondary/shield and range item, leads to an interesting outcome:  for 300-600plat (the cost of 3 runes on nagafen) you can essentially buy your pvp victories, because at least one of the runes is likely to proc every couple of seconds, for 2k a pop.

For example:

So, could we please, at the very least, stop this adornment from being affected by potency, or ability modifier, or whatever it is that makes it hit for twice as much as it should.  That is clearly a bug.

Lourd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #47
Neskonlith

Loremaster

We need a PVP training dummy option where we can test and parse pvp combat in controlled conditions.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #48
Sprin
Guild: L U S H

General

PVP Issue:

With 60 seconds immunity... 1 and a half minute rev sicknes....   you are out of immunity before your rev sickness goes away and you are a walking wet paper bag...

Please make Rev sickness in Open world 60 seconds as well...

Thanks

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #49
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

[email protected] wrote:

PVP Issue:

With 60 seconds immunity... 1 and a half minute rev sicknes....   you are out of immunity before your rev sickness goes away and you are a walking wet paper bag...

Thanks

60 sec is more than enough time to leave the zone or find a safe place to gather help or wait out a sickness.

Everyone is sporting tons of run speed, you can run across most zones in 60sec.

It needs to be reduced to 45.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #50
Sprin
Guild: L U S H

General

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

PVP Issue:

Thanks

60 sec is more than enough time to leave the zone or find a safe place to gather help or wait out a sickness.

I dont leave the zone when I die, I go back and fight, or the fight comes to me, i certainly dont hide and call for mommy to come and save me, I know the idea of rolling in anything less then a stacked x4 escapes Onyx players, but some of us actually PVP solo or in small groups...  and we dont run and hide behind our raid force to save the day...   this isn't an over the top request, if I can be attacked by PVP after 60 seconds my rev sickness need to be off by then... this was obviously an oversight by the Dev's...  

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #51
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

PVP Issue:

Thanks

I dont leave the zone when I die, I go back and fight, or the fight comes to me, i certainly dont hide and call for mommy to come and save me, I know the idea of rolling in anything less then a stacked x4 escapes Onyx players, but some of us actually PVP solo or in small groups...  and we dont run and hide behind our raid force to save the day...   this isn't an over the top request, if I can be attacked by PVP after 60 seconds my rev sickness need to be off by then... this was obviously an oversight by the Dev's...  

I see, well you seem to confuse 20 or 30 small groups of players killing the same targets as any differnt than an x4 doing the same things.

Its cool because a small group of players running to another small group of players to kill the same targets is so much different than all of them grouping or raiding up to kill the same people.

They name alot of 1 way streets after guys who think like you.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #52
Lourd
Guild: Eat This

Loremaster

Reactive/procing taunts and detaunts:

This is noted on page 1, but I thought I'd some examples because it's still an outstanding issue:

^^ Those are just some of the many passive taunt/detaunt procs and reactives in eq2 right now.  Add to that the all of the active taunt abilities like holy ground, grave scarement, moderate, gibe, etc and it's recipe for pure frustration.  I doubt there's one person out there that's happy with how things are in regards to taunts.  Anyone? Anyone?

I have two lvl 90 tanks myself and I don't want to see tanks nerfed.  Protecting people is their thing, and without taunts they're just second rate dps.    And while the best thing would be to drop taunts and buff up abilities like intercept,  that's never going to happen at this stage of the game.  So tanks have to be able to taunt players.

However, that doesn't mean you can't nerf the hell out of all the passive/reactive always on aggro buffs and leave the active taunting alone.  Maybe put an immunity on most taunts, but let the active taunting abilities all bypass it. 

Something has to change.  Please do something about it.

Lourd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #53
Culsu

Champion

Warfield's.  Since the update, my experience in 2 WF's is that there is not much population anymore to make them fun, and I cannot conceive of why there are 2 towers in instead of one.  It seemed to me the way it worked was freeps will take out Oracle positioned tower and Q's try to take out the Steppes one.  Wouldn't it make more sense to have one tower in which both factions would be required to be engaged to get any value out of these?  Anyways, haven't been back, it's a snooze fest imo.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:02 AM   #54
Messia

Loremaster

The Issue of the day is YOU BROKE PVP WITH YOUR STUPID CHANGES .. NOW SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE AND FIX IT BACK KK THANKS.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 AM   #55
mrsma

General

PVP.

There is none.

Pls fix it so we can fight in Open-World objects 24x7 rather than every 2 hours then back to BG.

BG & WF = Fail PVP.

You can AFK most places and not get killed.

Make it so that there is RISK.

PVP Naggy has NO risk = boring

Having WF every 2 hours basically means you are dictating where and when PVP is happening = FAIL.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #56
Deninn

Loremaster

Why not get rid of the towers in a warfield and replace them with a single Klak' Anon type item. Make it a faction based point system between Q F and E. Have the "relic" a group type uncureable debuff like 90% snare to make it so they can't run and hide while they have it. And damage (single/group/raid) while holding it to promote changing. The relic proc should damage anyone that is holding it and anyone they are grouped or in a raid with.This way there isnt any pve killing in it. All 3 factions get to participate. Maybe while somone has the relic the map will ping to everyone in the zone. There would be pvp on a massive scale and the relic would change hands/groups many times. It would last 20 minutes and whatever faction has the most points wins the Warfield. You could even have it once every half hour or recurring or whenever.. more often would be healthy I think. You could even have it running all day if you wished just every 20 min ( or however long you wished it to be) the one with the most points wins, the relic would be reset or disappear untill the next one, or Immediately. Reward would be a few tokens, or status whatever.. This way there is no PVE part to it where all you have to do is kill a few towers, get the reward and log out. Getting tokens even if you haven't seen an opposing faction member.  

Perhaps to get rid of zone leachers in this scenario one would have to attack another person to get flagged and it lasts for 2 minutes. Having a mounting damage amount to everyone in the relic holders group/raid would help in a guild running in with a full raid chuck full of healers healbotting through the damage. Perhaps even add a mutilation effect that raises the longer you have it (shrug). This is just my idea.

Deninn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #57
Eboncross
Guild: Holy War

Loremaster

Just make bonus pvp zone for crying out loud. 1 extra token for each writ for 30 minutes in random zones (hey 6 extra tokens like WF) Make the zone change each hour. No more PVE to get PVP rewards (killling tower guardians)

STOP the madness and lets get back to murdering each other.

Eboncross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #58
Orthureon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

STOP the madness and lets get back to murdering each other.

lol

• DAEMIEN 92 Shadowknight

• XEOS 92 Ranger

• EXILON 92 Inquisitor.

Orthureon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:07 AM   #59
Xarc
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Equilibrium

Loremaster

I lol alot at highkeep heroes.

Please nerf Inquis and Warden heals.. it really is stupid

Please Fix Brigands.

Antonia_Bayle.Xarc

Brigand of Equilibrium
Xarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #60
Duotang

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

PVP Issue:

Thanks

This is a no-brainer. It's obviously an oversight by the programmers.

And as for you Pail, you have like 5 thousand posts of literally 0 content. Just a scrubby, no skill, no intelligence trolling mutant.

Duotang is offline   Reply With Quote