EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
Glenolas

Loremaster

Just dropped into Chelsith for the first time since TSO,  as a break.    Has the Mucus of the Deep One been changed?  He's the giant sludge in the 2nd pond on the left,  surrounded by small sludges darting around.

Tonight he's nowhere to be found, including not down at the bottom of the pool either.   Has he been done away with,  spawned differently, or NVIDIA video cards no longer can render him?    Anyone know?

TIA

Glenolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Targ

Loremaster

I have killed him after TSO went live. About a week ago.

Targ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
Detor

Loremaster

He's always been kind of buggy.  I'm sure you know all about how he usually goes under the ground, doesn't appear to you to be where he actually is,  sometimes the little things around him didn't spawn properly even preTSO.  He probably fell right through the ground when the zone loaded, did you try running all over where he should have been to see if you gained any aggro?

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
Glenolas

Loremaster

Detor wrote:

He's always been kind of buggy.  I'm sure you know all about how he usually goes under the ground, doesn't appear to you to be where he actually is,  sometimes the little things around him didn't spawn properly even preTSO.  He probably fell right through the ground when the zone loaded, did you try running all over where he should have been to see if you gained any aggro?

TY for both comebacks.  

Yes, we know about the usual bugs.   We typically pull him back to the top of the ramp going up,  the tank having waited for an opening in the small mobs and smacking him from range.   Yes, he paths underground,  the tank and sometimes the group winds up inside him, but he's at least present and he dies.   Mop up some occasional fight adds and the others depop, allowing progress forward without having to swim around all that mess.

This time he never appeared to anyone in the group, not just the tank (sometimes there's a visibility issue on some mobs.   The tank sacrificed himself to run up and jump into the pool,  dive to the bottom and fire an unlocked AOE.    No  Boss, just  eventual death from due to the small stuff.

I just wanted to make sure this was a normal bug and not a fresh one.   There is a dev who from time to time changes how things work,  but doesn't test them, so new bugs show up and take months to be resolved.

I'll give it another try when I'm locked out of  most of TSO again.

Glenolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
Dreww
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Verdict

Loremaster

/target Mucus of the Deep One, i solo this zone all the time and when/if i pull him to fa, he resets .just do the /target Mucus of the Deep One and send a pet in. works all the time

You have joined the City of Qeynos.

You have gotten better at destroying PvP (400/400).
Dreww is offline   Reply With Quote