EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #31
DruidKing

Loremaster

Just returning to the game after a long absense, and starting my first Inquisitor. I just wanted to thank you for the guide, it has been very helpful.

DruidKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #32
Hess
Server: Oasis
Guild: Ka Tet of Honour

General

Calberak!  Thanks so much for all the info

Hess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #33
Calain80

Loremaster

Not everthing is up to date, yet. But I'm working on it. SMILEY
Calain80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #34
Drezlethan

Loremaster

Since it is a bit unclear to me, for clarification purposes - as a new character starting out, it is suggested you fill out the Battle Cleric line in Inquisitor first, and then start working on the lines in Cleric?  The reason I am uncertain is it mentions this briefly in the Battle Cleric description, but all discussion seems to lead toward what points to put where in the Cleric line.  Thanks in advance!

Drezlethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #35
Calain80

Loremaster

Yes it is best to put your 1st point into Yaulp and then get the conversion of all 4 CA as well as the Battle Cleric end skill. This might most likely even gives you the AE CA before you even get the spell for it.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:11 AM   #36
odincat

Master

H

odincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:14 AM   #37
odincat

Master

hi just start on eq2 and make a Inquisitor she are now lvl 29 with 30 aa so i have no idea hows it work but after reading yous guide it help me alot thx good btw.

odincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:56 PM   #38
Pyra Shineflame

Loremaster

You still have the "Fanaticism causes self-stifle" part in your guide, which might make it a bit confusing later on when you say it should be up all the time. Second, exactly what, does Shield Ally transfer? The AA says it gives a second chance using your avoidance and you "Block Chance" that Seal of Faith and block effects on shields is not included in the Avoidance "Block" stat.

My OT says it just transfers my Block avoidance (which is 8.1% currently), hardly seems worth the points, unless you NEED the AE blocker. Some say it transfers Block Chance, not avoidance despite spell description, which makes it a lot better (57% chance), but the confusion is causing me some AA allocation agony (alas! Alliteration! =p)

Third, in your 80s-90s, it should be easy enough to get enough gear to put you at over 100% crit. At 90, I was looking at 155% crit, which you really don't need, so I was able to drop all ten points in crit in Deacon line for something else (Now at 139% crit) which I would highly recommend.

In my experience, Allied Prayers is very useful. It's essentially a hold over. Tank is beat on and I'm struggling to keep up with heals, a 2k heal when it expires is like an extra reactive. In the 70's, 80's, it helped with choker groups. Tank might not need the group reactives, but if he's being beat on reliably, group gets healed for all choker damage without me having to split my attention. Seems more useful to take, than the direct heals imo.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:29 PM   #39
Calain80

Loremaster

It does not use you full avoidance but only your chance to block, parry, etc. So it is more then block but still not the full avoidance.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:44 PM   #40
Pyra Shineflame

Loremaster

Which its still 60% chance to use my 12-14.6% chance to block/parry..yeah...if only the AE blocker wasn't *really* nice for raids, I wouldn't put points into it at all...

Old 03-31-2010, 06:44 PM   #41
StormQueen

Loremaster

Here's how to check what Shield Ally is doing: run ACT parser. Right click the name of the person you have the spell on and choose Avoidance Report. It will break down avoidances by type and who's responsible. You will be surprised how often this actually does use your avoidance check.

Of course, it works MUCH better if the Inquisitor is wearing a shield, and any parry or block food you are using will transfer the chance to use that effect through the Shield Ally also.  Not +parry items, since you don't natively have parry, but items such as food that has 2% chance to parry. 

Old 04-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #42
Pyra Shineflame

Loremaster

I wouldn't be surprised how often, 60% is a lot all things considered, but if it helps to use a shield, I assume Block Chance is added into that avoidance? If so, great, if its because having a shield increases your base "block" (as without a shield, there is nothing to block with...) then not so great..

I'll run my ACT next time, especially with raid mobs, and see if their strikethrough or avoidance ignore makes it even less useful for my raid build.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #43
AlienShine

Lord

Not many post from me on this forum but I read a lot !!

This is my current raid build. I choose for Holy Shield, whell, I found it of more use then the faster casting one, yes Divine Recovery is nice to have in those o crap situations but with good timing and paying attention not really needed. To add to that, what about the caps of group members, cast speed certainly IS these days (mage grp). Reuse then and potency increase, I found that of little help on the parse. 

Then Holy Shield, yes, with good geared players also of not much use, the same goes for DR imo. But with the new AA it goes longer and the reuse is lowered. If you time it a bit and throw it on a melee group member then that person can stay in longer, that counts. If no usefull target, try ure troub, if he makes use of it, yes that shows SMILEY

Also, some may state otherwise. Allied Prayers is of real good use... again when timed ! Stupid thing about that is, I would like to proc it and now they add an adornment wich increases ticks to 13 (from 9). So it actually procs less.

Whell, here a link to my spec.

http://aacalculator.com/aaimage.cfm...ab=0&nm=img.jpg

AlienShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #44
theplayer0670

Loremaster

Great guide thanks!

ignore Tyberion he is a power gaming d*uche bag

Keep on truckin!

theplayer0670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #45
Walford

Loremaster

Thanks for the updates, Cal ...

just for completeness sake, you may want to mention that having a haste item is important to any class that  intends to melee, and that +attack speed on items stacks with itself.

while Haste items do not stack with items (but do with buffs).

Walford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:32 AM   #46
Calain80

Loremaster

Describing the buff mechanics would probably need it's own thread. There are so many things to take into account that I think it is not a good idea to include this information here. All these rules where a single word changes when an item can proc and the problem with which procs are stacking and which not are really annoying.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #47
agentsix

Loremaster

Any thoughts why the Intelligence AA Line (Aribter) is totally ignored?

It seems that increasing the casting speed and increasing the base damge would both be win as a solo player.(Pact of the Faitful and Facile Grace.)

Why not go 4-10-10 in this line in the Cleric tree?

agentsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #48
Calain80

Loremaster

It is not ignored. The Full Caster builds include it. But it is far from a win for a solo player: - It increases only spell damage which should be ~10% of your total dps. - With SF it is relatively easy to cap fast cast even without the AA. And if you take the int line pick up DR as it is the only really good ability in the line.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:54 AM   #49
Talionduil

Loremaster

I just came back to EQ2 and decided to roll an Inquisitor for my main character.  Is this guide still viable? I noticed it was 2 years old but seems the OP is still active on the forums.

One of the reasons I ask is that the following spell does not appear to be in the Inquisitor line up anymore (at least I did not get it at level 10 which shows it is gotten and I cannot find it on EQ2 Wiki page for Inquisitor either:

SootheShort single target spell that reduces the aggro radius on a hostile enemy. Will appear non-KOS unless someone gets within the reduced radius.(10) Soothe

Thank you.

Talionduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #50
Grimfang

Loremaster

Talionduil wrote:

I just came back to EQ2 and decided to roll an Inquisitor for my main character.  Is this guide still viable? I noticed it was 2 years old but seems the OP is still active on the forums.

One of the reasons I ask is that the following spell does not appear to be in the Inquisitor line up anymore (at least I did not get it at level 10 which shows it is gotten and I cannot find it on EQ2 Wiki page for Inquisitor either:

SootheShort single target spell that reduces the aggro radius on a hostile enemy. Will appear non-KOS unless someone gets within the reduced radius.(10) Soothe

Thank you.

In game update #57 it was changed:

Priests

Priests will no longer receive the spell “Summon Food and Water.”

Priests will now receive “Wrath” at level 6.

Clerics will now receive “Soothe” at level 30.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #51
Calain80

Loremaster

Most of the guide is still accurate. There might be some small quirks here and there (like Soothe), but as DoV is right before the door and will most likely need a rewrite of this guide, I'm waiting until then to update it.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #52
Talionduil

Loremaster

Thank you, I have found this guide to be very useful. 

Talionduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:29 AM   #53
Malleria

Loremaster

Wow, this guide has been an eye opener. Just started playing a few weeks ago and this has really furthered my understanding of things. Looking forward to the DOV update SMILEY

Thank you!

Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #54
Calain80

Loremaster

Hmmm ... now that you write it ... I should probably start working on it. SMILEY
Old 03-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #55
Calain80

Loremaster

Corrected some small errors. Still need to add the SF and DoV AA.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #56
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

One thing that I'd like to see added (or maybe a seperate thread) is some recommendations on adornment usage after the stat simplifications, changes in DoV etc.

I've a fairly good handle on the white ones (using a mixture of increase cast speed, wisdom, DPS mod etc.), but really it's the yellow ones that I'm not so sure on any more.

Is it worth using the ones that proc various heal/cure/ward effects, or would I be better off selecting the ones that proc +crit bonus/ability mod/potency ?

EQ2Magroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #57
LardLord

Loremaster

I use Aegis on my 1-hander.  It does better than the Revered Lands war rune for me but a bit worse than the Deathless Devotion war rune.

The potency/CB/reuse/ability mod procs seem to have multiple chances to proc on group casts, though, so they're up nearly all the time in groups, making them excellent choices. 

LardLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:27 AM   #58
evercrak

Loremaster

Hi this is awesome guide...

A question any one have a link to a leveling build? (typ Beetny, Brasse)

Well i started a Inq and will go for 60-70% AA...

And going down the battle cleric line.

But i am hoping for some grouping on the way up so i wounder what is a must have for okay healing in groups?

1 Yaulp

It's not my nativ lang...

Ever...
evercrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #59
Calain80

Loremaster

A good way to go is to get the CA first. - 3 - 1 - 3 - 1 - then - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - - - - - - - - 1 - (Battle Cleric) After that it doesn't really matter. You won't need any healing AA until you reach level 80. It is more of a personal preference if you 1st want Steadfast for interrupt free casting or "Sta line" for Melee mod and crit (hard to get early on) or Int for fast cast or AGI for double attack. But if you have spend ~60 point you should work on getting Litany of Combat (and then Blessed Yaulp and Overwhelming Arms as soon as possible) Only if you have everything you want in the KOS and Shadow tree you should go back to the EOF tree as all other AA (pre SF line) are more valuable then the remaining AA there.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #60
Calain80

Loremaster

Tried to update the AA section. Still missing the SF and Heroic AA. :-/