EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

With due acknowlegement to the guys over at EQ2Flames:

*NOTE* Before you will be able to complete this quest, you will need to have the following:

• The Sathirian language. Get this by doing the Mysterious Black Tome collection from The Fens of Nasthar. (check eq2.wikia.com for more info)
  • The Halasian language by purchasing the primer from a linguist (such as in Terran's Grasp).
  • Death's Whisper language (a drop from mummies in the DoF zones)
  • Mining skill of 340 or greater.
  • Forestry skill of 340 or greater.
  • Tradeskill level 44 to use the Gnome Divining Rod to track harvest nodes (not strictly required)

Step 1: Hail Terrus in a jail cell in Sebilis. The cell is located in the bottom area just past the solo frogs, take the left tunnel when you jump down...you can get there solo with invis. You will get a journal page, but no quest yet!Step 2: Kill a timeworn spirit in the Kunzar Jungle near the plunderers camp. He may be wandering around outside the city, and if he is not up, his respawn timer is ~15 minutes. Loot a rune from him and start the quest. This is not a guaranteed drop. SOLOStep 3: Visit Hollen the Runesage in Terrans Grasp (he is in the building next to the one with the Veeshans feast quest guy...he should have a book feather over his head) he will tell you a story and send you to Permafrost.Step 4: Travel to Permafrost and head to Lady Vox's room, take a left once you reach her room and keep going until you get to the room with giant statues all around. In the center area should be a table with a giant horn, and in the corner is a harvestable tablet. Pick it up.Step 5: Now we need to fix the tablet. Head to the Butcher Block Mountains and talk to Grunnin Copperfist (loc -250, 211, -83) he then sends you to gather 10 pyrorock sand, which can be found from any ore node in kunark. This is a rare update. Once you have all 10 return to Grunnin.Step 6: After inspecting the tablet (The Halasian language is required for this step!), travel to the Shard of Fear and kill an eye of thule, who will drop a spirit enshrouded eye. After you get the drop, head to Greater Faydark to the pond at location -53, -10, 71 and, while targeting yourself, use the item to cleanse it and receive the Eye of Thalger. GROUP req'd probablyStep 7: After you have the cleansed eye, head to Jarsath Wastes and speak to the spirit wolf Shul'da at location 769 -21 623 (be sure to use the ultravision clicky ability from the Eye of Thalger). Shul'da will then send you to free spirits trapped in undead skeletons at various locations around Kunark. To free the spirit, kill the skeleton and hail the npc that spawns in it's place. The number of kills needed is random, but expect to have to kill at least 25 for each location. SOLO (GROUP for KC)

• The first location is in Jarsath Wastes, at Venril's Crown (loc 11, -138, -246)
  • The second location is in Kunzar Jungle at the Reet faction camp (loc needed)
  • The third location is in Karnor's castle near Bonebrittle (loc needed)

Part 8: After freeing enough spirits, return to Shul'da in Jarsath Wastes. He will send you to speak to Hollen the Runesage in Terran's Grasp, who will in turn send you to speak to Grandfather Takk in Graystone Yard. Once you have spoken to him, go to Antonica to the area of the Shattered Vale. Click on the door to zone in and choose the Hidden Vale instance, which brings you into a zone with a bunch of level 80 heroics. We don't need to bother with any of the humanoid NPCs, we just need to kill the 6 spirits, which can be invised to, and soloed (if you are careful and skilled). Once the 6 spirits are dead, click on the altar in the middle, and return to Grandfather Takk in Graystone Yard. GROUP required probablyPart 9: Grandfather Takk sends you on a mission to speak to three TrueSpirits (each with its own separate quest), but in order to speak to them you have to reach their private spiritual plane. To do so you must find the altar to their plane somewhere on Norrath.

• The first is Hulgren, Spirit of Wisdom. His Altar can be found in Everfrost at location -225, 5, -353, near the stags and numbfoots (thanks Aeras for finding the altar!). Hulgren sends you to find an ancient tome located somewhere in Kunark. The tome is located in the Vault of Eternal Sleep in a trap next to the room of the last boss. The trap you need is shown on Brasse's map of the zone and is immediately to the east of the entrance to the Phylactery. You must have the undead language to read the book. After reading, return to Hulgren who will then have you collect a branch of spiritwood, which is a special wood node that randomly spawns in the Kylong Plains. Use the tinkered gnomish diviner to shorten the search (available at all good brokers). Once you harvest the spiritwood the quest will auto complete. GROUP required
  • The second is Rel'dekk, Spirit of Preservation. His Altar can be found in The Thundering Steppes at location 475, -1, 740, near the crater mine (thanks Contagen and Arabel for finding the altar!). Rel'dekk sends you to Stormhold, to a special instance of the Tomb of Valor (Defiled Tomb of Valour) located at -14, -24, -43 (all group members need to be level 80 in order to gain entrance to the zone). It incorporates 8 level 80^^ mobs and the named, Serrin Trelmist is 82^^^ who heals himself for 2% on every melee attack used against him. The coffins can be clicked at any point without any danger of repops. If you zone out and leave the instance vacant it will re-set. Please note however that the first group of mobs will aggro on entry so if you're the healer and have the best connection you had better be well buffed to hold on until the tank zones in. Make sure rez tokens are issued before zone in. Return to Rel'dekk. Now head to Kunzar Jungle to harvest a piece of earthvine, which spawns randomly around Kunzar Jungle. Some reported locations are 10, 85, -518 and -139, 133, -697, 689, 68, -566 and -122,-60,127 along the river coming out of CoM, and near the mountain areas. Again, use the tinkered gnomish diviner. Turning particle effects up to max will help those without the diviner as the vine has a large cloud of dust around it which is visible from some distance away. Small GROUP required
  • The third is Grossh, oldest of the three. His Altar can be found in The Feerrott at location -609, -2, 158, northwest of the tower of vul. Grossh sends you to gather the claws of four different creatures of Kunark. Important to note that the updates are body drops and so if there is more than one mystic in your group you will need to kill each name more than once. Respawns are fast however or else proximity pops. 80^^^
    • The first claw can be found on a Spiritwracked Drolvarg in Karnor's Castle just outside the room with the L&L chest - The Commander's Quarters (loc 480, 60, -354)
    • The second claw can be found on a Spiritwracked Sokokar in The Fens of Nathsar. (loc -2096, 43, 1518.)
    • The third claw can be found on a Spiritwracked Drake in Jarsath Wastes. (loc -2157, 204, 1442)
    • The fourth claw can be found on a Spiritwracked Chokidai in Kunzar Jungle. (loc -304, 137, -411)  Small GROUP required for all 4

Part 10: Once you complete the sub quest for each TrueSpirit, return to Grandfather Takk in Graystone Yard. He will send you to a special instance (The Hidden Vale) of the Shattered Vale in Antonica. In this instance you must kill several spirits and a final named which is 85 ^^^. At around 30% the named will go invisible, and you must use the eye given to you by Takk in order to reveal the mob again (everyone in your group should target through you or your dog at this point). After defeating this mob, equip the cudgel that you received upon picking up the quest and destroy the altar. After you destroy the altar you receive the first version of the epic, the fabled Cudgel of Obviation. Full GROUP required, bring plenty of DPS and maybe another healer.Part 11: Return to Grandfather Takk in Graystone Yard to pick up the next portion of the quest (for the mythical version of the weapon), which requires you to retrieve three fetishes to fully unlock the powers of the cudgel. These all drop from raid targets.

• The first is the Fetish of Spirituality, which drops from Pawbuster in The Execution Throne Room.
  • The Second is the Fetish of Preservation, which drops from Venril Sathir in his lair.
  • The Third is the Fetish of Enlightenment, which drops from Hoshkar in Veeshan's Peak

Thunderthyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

I've only reached the second stage of step 9 at the time of opening this thread so maybe others can flesh out the rest and I will incorporate it into the OP.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:08 AM   #3
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Can someone confirm that you need tradeskill to a particular level in order to be able to use the tinkered gnomish diviner item to help you locate the harvest nodes? 44/45 maybe?

Old 02-19-2008, 06:50 AM   #4
sompet_eq2

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Can someone confirm that you need tradeskill to a particular level in order to be able to use the tinkered gnomish diviner item to help you locate the harvest nodes? 44/45 maybe?
level44 : http://www.eq2idb.com/item_details....TE2MDEyMjc5Mg==
sompet_eq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

OP edited for Tomb of Valor entrance requirements and update details for Spiritwracked beasties.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

OP edited for possible locations for Earthvine

Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
thedu

General

Nice write up.  Doubt I will get it due to VP...
thedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:11 AM   #8
Vaydn

Historian

FYI if you turn your particle effects settings/distance to max its very easy to spot the earthvine from a mile away.  (Big brown dust cloud on the ground)  Still a pain but it will help those non-crafters out there.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:47 AM   #9
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Agreed, I actually saw the spawn before the diviner picked it up.....lol

(OP edited)

Old 02-29-2008, 01:33 AM   #10
KatrinaDeath

Loremaster

I can't seem to get the spirit drake in JW to spawn... Any tricks or any known bugs with this guy?
KatrinaDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:01 AM   #11
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
I can't seem to get the spirit drake in JW to spawn... Any tricks or any known bugs with this guy?

I know he has a rather long path and the spot marked on the mad is only one end of this. As he moves quite slowly it is possible that he is at a different point on the path.

Stand at the end of the East bridge over the gorge and he will path in front of you. He starts (?) to your left at the bottom of the hill and will probably not be visible from your vantage point. He will slowly crawl up the hill towards you then veer off to the other side of the rocky outcrop in front of you and continue on for a while before turning around and retracing his path.

I don't know what his respawn timer is should someone have just killed him but spend the time trying to get a tank and some dps to help you while you're waiting.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #12
Effi

General

Think you're thinking of the spiritwracked sokokar in Fens, Holy.The drake seems to be a stationary spawn outside of the Temple of the White Lady area, and I always see it up, so if it's not there either someone killed it and it will repop within 10mins or so or I'd say get a tracker to see if it's hiding in the rock somehow.
Effi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #13
Legion11

Loremaster

I was getting very frustrated looking for the earthvine in KJ.  Even with the waypoints provided and using the gnomish diviner rod, I still couldn't find it anywhere on the eastern or central portion of the zone.  I doubled back west and decided to head towards Jinisk when I found one up by the Ryzilk's (sp?) Renegade camp.  It was kinda in between the Renegades and one of the outlying iksar villages.  The /loc was 689, 68, -566.  I hope that helps someone.
Legion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:58 PM   #14
erin

Loremaster

Guess I'm dumb, I'm really not getting how Sebilis is a solo step.  You can't invis past the entry mobs.  What am I missing here?
erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #15
CastDogg

Loremaster

i been looking for the earthvine in KJ for 2 days now and still havent found ran the whole zone  # of times went to all knowen location ppl put up im not a lvl 44 tradeskiller so cant use the rod my part. are truned all the way up and still havent see anything is it realy called Earthvine ? can anyone please help anyway posable with any more locations? can someone else use the rod for me if they are in a group for me are will they wont see it at all
CastDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #16
CastDogg

Loremaster

wow after a week of looking i finaly found the earthvine whoot i when i get home i will put the loc i found mine at
CastDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #17
Kayso
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Slice of Life

Loremaster

Its all random spawns, get a graphics turned up a bit and run around till you see the dust cloud (up north in the zone and against walls/rocks seems to be the best)
Kayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #18
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

erin wrote:
Guess I'm dumb, I'm really not getting how Sebilis is a solo step.  You can't invis past the entry mobs.  What am I missing here?
The see invis mobs are soloable. Alternatively zone in and wait for a group to clear a path for you. You only need to get to the mezzanine when you can hop over the edge and invis the rest of the way. Believe me, I'm one of your less co-ordinated players and I was able to do it. lol

Old 03-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Legion11 wrote:
I was getting very frustrated looking for the earthvine in KJ.  Even with the waypoints provided and using the gnomish diviner rod, I still couldn't find it anywhere on the eastern or central portion of the zone.  I doubled back west and decided to head towards Jinisk when I found one up by the Ryzilk's (sp?) Renegade camp.  It was kinda in between the Renegades and one of the outlying iksar villages.  The /loc was 689, 68, -566.  I hope that helps someone.
OP edited

Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 AM   #20
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Effive wrote:
Think you're thinking of the spiritwracked sokokar in Fens, Holy.The drake seems to be a stationary spawn outside of the Temple of the White Lady area, and I always see it up, so if it's not there either someone killed it and it will repop within 10mins or so or I'd say get a tracker to see if it's hiding in the rock somehow.
You're right....sorry. Obviously got too excited actually being helpful for once SMILEY

Old 05-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #21
Arja

General

This earthvine doesnt exist.I swear ive been in KJ for over 4 hours now looking. Is there something stupid like only spawning at a certain time of day, or even a certain day of the week? Its annoying the heal out of me, im ready to quit and give up.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #22
Evil Gandhi

Loremaster

A helpful hint for those who are struggling with finding the earthvine and spiritwood and maybe haven't thought of it.... activate the Gnomish Divining Rod and hop on the sokokars and ride them around the zone.  If you enter "spiritwood" or "earthvine" in the tracking box, then you only need to wait for the window to pick up anything.  Jump off and harvest!  I did this for both and KP took 5 minutes to find and KJ took two.  As large as these zones are, I don't know how you'd do it any other way.
Ooqua - 90 Gnome Necromancer
Unkempt - 90 Human Troubador
Amend - 90 Dark Elf Monk

---+=Gathering Storms=+---
---------Lucan D'Lere---------
Evil Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #23
Wachita

Loremaster

Worked great...found both the Spiritwood and Earthvine in less than 20 minutes!  I kept the divining rod box up as I rode around and then jumped off and harvested.
Wachita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #24
Kesha_Vex

Loremaster

erin wrote:
Well, you can invis past the entry mobs but I'm not sure if it's possible to invis all the way to the jail. The only entry mob you can't invis past is a roving sentry who paths from the zone entrance, to the exit room on the left, and back. Just wait for him to come to the zone entrance and then, when he starts pathing back, hit your totem and run past every mob till you get to the open circle where the 3 paths merge. Jump down to the left over the edge and you'll be down on the level on your way to the jail. This is the part I'm not sure about as all the dogs see invis and I have no idea how you'd invis past them. I duo'd with my wife (80 Ranger) and we could easily handle the dogs, but not dog + handler.
Kesha_Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #25
Manx
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Sol Invictus

Loremaster

I really wish someone in a group could locate the earthvine with the divining rod, or it was more static.  I've been looking for this thing an hour or two each game session for months now.  Graphics are cranked up, and I've hit every reported loc as well as randomly ran around the zone.

It likely would have been faster for me to have tried to crank out 44 levels of tradeskills rather than search normally.

Manx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #26
Zeltaria

Loremaster

I found both of my harvestables by flying the sokar paths and tab targeting like a mad woman. Found them on the first run through each zone.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #27
Vendolyn

Lordette

Finally got spiritwood today!  Loc was different than I saw in any of the walkthroughs/EQ2Maps: -121.44,33.34,-48.60

Now to find the root ><

Edit: so excited I forgot some words.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #28
Banditman

Loremaster

I don't know why anyone bothers with submitting locations on it, it's just a random spawn.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #29
Vendolyn

Lordette

Banditman wrote:

I don't know why anyone bothers with submitting locations on it, it's just a random spawn.

I'm guessing the theory is, if it's spawned there once before it could again and we're being helpful?

Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #30
Jemoo
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Faydarks Legion

Loremaster

When I was working on mine, I followed locations in the epic walkthrough at eq2.wikia.com and from the eq2maps and found 2 our of 3 that way. I think there are a certain number of nods that will pop as the special ones for mystics and the locations can be collected and put up to make it easier, granted they aren't always up but it helps.