EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Forum Help and Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-30-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
Ama

General

Is anyone else getting slow down symptoms with stuff loading up on the forums? I have gone to other SoE sites and non SoE sites with those loading up just fine.  For some reason it seems to be a problem with this forum and this forum only. 

I always keep myself logged in when I come back on my main computer here.  Should I not do this and log off and on manually when I come here?

Old 04-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
Seagoat

Tester

I'm not experiencing this, I don't think...  I mean, it takes an extra second or so for the page to load when there are a lot of sig iframes on a page, but that's to be expected.  I don't think it would make a difference if you were logged in or logged out; the page content won't change that much.
Seagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #3
Tstorm

Tester

I have noticed sluggishness in the forums now and then, but I think SOE has made some good progress with the responsiveness of the actual forum servers.  The only issues I see now and then, like Seagoat are signature loading related. If anyone is seeing something different, let's talk about it here and see what we can figure out. SMILEY
Old 04-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
Ama

General

Tstorm wrote:
I have noticed sluggishness in the forums now and then, but I think SOE has made some good progress with the responsiveness of the actual forum servers.  The only issues I see now and then, like Seagoat are signature loading related. If anyone is seeing something different, let's talk about it here and see what we can figure out. SMILEY

Unfortunately this has happened before when there was problems with the servers for the forums.  Instead of loading up as quick as usual it takes 15 seconds or more. 

Strangest thing is there seems to be a direct correlation between me logging on my account and staying on it.  When I use a computer that doesn't log onto my account the forum loads up just fine. 

Old 05-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
Maroger

Loremaster

I notice the problem in the afternoons (EDT) and often it affects all forums. It seems that when they went to the changes in the forums there was a performance hit and they have never really fixed it.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
Ama

General

Well the forum devs must have fixed something because i'm slowing down less.  I seem to slow down only when I log on and after that initial log in peak it seems to stabalize.  After that I can load up pages fairly quickly only taking 1-2 seconds 3 at most. 
Old 05-02-2007, 01:13 PM   #7
Espyderman

Loremaster

Amana wrote:

Is anyone else getting slow down symptoms with stuff loading up on the forums? I have gone to other SoE sites and non SoE sites with those loading up just fine.  For some reason it seems to be a problem with this forum and this forum only. 

I always keep myself logged in when I come back on my main computer here.  Should I not do this and log off and on manually when I come here?

Im on extreme cable services and this site is the slowest site i visited ever besides a few others. The difference is this site should be on a dedicated server, the others i find slow are on shared servers which explain why its slow there. Why its slow here? I have no idea. They use good forum software, and their frontend looks pretty simple, i just think their web developers dont know how to open and close databases properly causing the slow query time were seeing when anything is database related.

This is what happens when you hire designers and not developers :/

Espyderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #8
Ama

General

Espyderman wrote:
Amana wrote:

Im on extreme cable services and this site is the slowest site i visited ever besides a few others. The difference is this site should be on a dedicated server, the others i find slow are on shared servers which explain why its slow there. Why its slow here? I have no idea. They use good forum software, and their frontend looks pretty simple, i just think their web developers dont know how to open and close databases properly causing the slow query time were seeing when anything is database related.

This is what happens when you hire designers and not developers :/

Well the site has gotten better but today it was just horrible.  For some reason I couldn't get it to load up and every single other site I have stored did it just fine.  Said it before and i'll say it again I have yet to see the benefit of this new "Version" of the forums.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #9
Tstorm

Tester

Amana wrote:
Well the site has gotten better but today it was just horrible.  For some reason I couldn't get it to load up and every single other site I have stored did it just fine.  Said it before and i'll say it again I have yet to see the benefit of this new "Version" of the forums.
I noticed at times this morning the forums just seemed pretty unresponsive, but then with another thread it would be fine.  *shrug* I think there are improvements with this forum software.  I rarely have to re-login with the new forum software where with Lithium, I had to pretty regularly for example.  It's usually easier to see the bad.