EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Forum Help and Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
Ama

General

I have run into several problems just like our old forum.  I will go to post something up and I recieve the message "Duplicate post".  After that I hit the back button my post is completely wiped out and i'm forced to type it all over again. 

Luckily a simple way around this is to select all that you type if it is long and just go to edit at your browser then copy.  Hope this major pain in the [Removed for Content] gets fixed; I thought the new forums were supposed to fix this. SMILEY

Old 02-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
Nuhus

Loremaster

Yeah... Unfortunately I learned that the hard way.

Nuhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
Cusashorn

Loremaster

Too bad it's not possible to copy your posts on this forum. I dont see any Copy button, and right clicking certainly does not give me an option.
Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
Nuhus

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:
Too bad it's not possible to copy your posts on this forum. I dont see any Copy button, and right clicking certainly does not give me an option.
Ctrl + C

Nuhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
Tstorm

Tester

Amana wrote:

I will go to post something up and I recieve the message "Duplicate post".

I know how to reproduce this error (as well as avoid it)... Replying to a post seems to create some sort of "this user is posting now" flag.  If, before you "Submit" your post, you go and open another thread in another window/tab, it causes an issue because each thread has a "Quick Reply" field that basically does the same thing ("this user is posting now" )  The server gets confused by this and gives the "Duplicate post" message. It is very annoying and hopefully is addressed soon.  I make frequent use of tabs and have tripped over this myself.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:39 AM   #6
Fringe

Loremaster

Nuhus wrote:
Cusashorn wrote:
Ctrl + C

Or use Edit / Copy on your browser's menu.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #7
Ama

General

Fringe wrote:
Nuhus wrote:
Cusashorn wrote:
Ctrl + C

Or use Edit / Copy on your browser's menu.

Well this is extremely aggrivating and I hope it gets fixed PRONTO!!! I thought we moved away from the old forums to eliminate this bug. 
Old 02-15-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
Prodigus

Loremaster

I too  had the happen.  Try UNDO (near Bold) or right-click and choose Undo.  Brought it back for me.
Prodigus is offline   Reply With Quote