EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
Dolgrin

After one year of harvensting in planes of magic, i was not able to find ONE essence of magic.
Even hours of searching around places guildmates found one.

More worse after the relase of GUK, the didn't show up in daily harvesting quest or plant.

Other ppl just log in and the essences popped under their feet or find 2-3 pieces in 5 minutes.
The RNG on the essences is really bad.

Are their any adjustments planned on this stuff to make it more fair?
Dolgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #2
Sigrdrifa

I've been getting Essence of Magic from the PoP harvesting quest and from the Obulus potted plant. I also harvest a lot in Pakiat Bluffs, and I've found a handful of Essence of Magic there. They do not show up on Track Harvests, and in PoP the nodes look like rock from Aetherscar. YOu can tab-target them.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:23 PM   #3
Dolgrin

Fine for you that your plant is giving you essences and you find stuff in the bluffs.
And i know how to find and search the stuff.

But it is not working for many ppl like me, because we are on bad luck on the RNG.
That has to be changed.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:46 PM   #4
Sigrdrifa

Random means "random". That sometimes means that you get a long streak of negative results. You know people sell these things on the broker also?

It wouldn't be too amiss to ask for the nodes for Essences to pop more often, though. Once most people are not running in Plane of Magic, they will become very uncommon indeed.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:16 AM   #5
Dolgrin

Thank your for your endless wisdom and help.

The RNG is broken for some chars but hey i can buy the stuff on the Broker. Seems a good advice.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:10 PM   #6
Sigrdrifa

It is good advice if you're not getting them any other way, buying them might get you what you need.

But the RNG is not "broken" is what I am saying. It's just random. Sometimes that means you get good dice rolls, sometimes you get bad dice rolls. There's really not anything you can do about the RNG.

But, as I suggested, advocating for a higher pop percentage of these nodes might be good.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:51 AM   #7
Niami DenMother

Truly, it isn't "broken". Luck is luck (both good and bad), and random is random. I'm sorry you feel your luck seems to be all of the bad kind, but there's no hidden "luck" stat for individual characters or accounts. It isn't broken for one person and working for another. Thus, being snarky to someone who was trying to be helpful and reiterate that it IS random, isn't really going to make or break the argument or lend much weight to your request. Frown

Additionally, nothing broke/changed with Guk as far as the harvesting quests, or the overland spawns, or the gardens went. What DID change for the overland spawns was an increased demand for the essence of magic due to the VI rune recipes, so more folks spend more time haunting the zone and doing laps trying to find more essences, which will decrease your chances of finding one in the wild. You still have the same chance as anyone else does as far as the harvesting quests, and the gardens go ... per character. More of your characters doing the daily harvesting stuff, and more of your characters checking their garden daily will increase you (the player's) chances, but that's simple mathematics. There's still the chance that you won't get one, but it isn't something "broken" with the RNG, that's just the nature of random numbers.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:26 PM   #8
Sigrdrifa

One thing that occurs to me... Do you have AA points in the Tradeskill Prestige Far Seas Tree? You do have to have 1 pt in Far Seas Harvest Technique to even see the nodes.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #9
Cyrrena

One day I got 3 essences of magic and didn't see another one for more than 4 months. I know RNG hates me, but it shines for someone else. A line from a song comes to mind:

*sings* "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all, gloom, despair, and agony on me".