EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
Dzir

T1 mobs have a 55k Combat miti
you very much raised the requirements about Combat Mitigation, but did not give new debaffs
DPS is significantly lower than in the past expansion, why?
Do you like to demoralize players who have less and less DPS with each expansion?
Old 11-11-2017, 11:02 AM   #2
Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr

it is called Time Sink(tm)
the longer it takes to achieve a goal,... the longer one plays,...
Old 11-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #3
Dzir

i think Devs can make more HP but not reduced DPS?
why rasstarivat people that they are degrading?
still all T1 raid mobs reduced ability doublecast by 20%, the total abiliity doublecast removed from the game ...
Old 11-13-2017, 12:26 AM   #4
Arieva

Personally I dont mind this. When damage gets into the billions I start having to count digits to know what in the world I just parsed. If it had continued to go up at the levels it previously had it would give me a headache just looking at the parse
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:34 AM   #5
semisus

this sounds absurd
Old 11-13-2017, 01:09 AM   #6
Gninja

Developer

Higher level mobs have higher mitigation, that's always been the case. You do not need the higher debuffs as long as the health to mitigation ratio is dialed in. Last expansion we had a really large gap between high end dps and casual dps which made a lot of content unreachable by casual folks which ended up having to be nerfed which made higher dps constantly having to hit panic scripts and stopping dps etc. We do not want to be right back in that situation again. The more damage mitigated the closer that gap becomes and balancing isn't as much of a nightmare. Hope that makes sense to you guys...
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
Ashur

Might be a idea to add a few combat mitigation debuffs proc's on primary weapons. to bring them into line for people who have not completed the epic 2 quest lines from the expansion before. Or add it to the weapon leveling thing.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:24 AM   #8
Leedsen

higher combat mit yes please, parses are relative, i do not need to be doing a trillion dps by the end of this expansion. Higher combat mit, lower mob hp if you decide to bring the numbers right down.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #9
Godelpus

100% agree with this. At the moment 12 digit numbers are difficult to read at a glance, if they continue to increase as they have so far we will easily be looking at 15 digit numbers or more. Alternatively engineering notation could be used i.e. 276974128582 would be 276.974G.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #10
Mermut

That, perhaps, is one of the bonuses to having your epic 2.0. Not needed, but helpful. Especially with the 10 lvl increase, getting epic 2.0 in PoP shouldn't be hard, if people care enough to spend the time. If they don't want to spend the time.. they don't get the benefit... but that is their choice.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:12 AM   #11
Asteldian

Except people want to spend their time doing something fun or challenging, the epic 2.0 is simply an epic time waste, no item should be gated by tedium, those who already do not wish to spend their time with the game equivalent of watching paint dry already accept the fact they will not have BiS primary, letting the epic 2.0 have an extra advantage over already inferior weapons would be a bad idea.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
Earar

the epic too helps you get fun and challenging things.

And the epic 2 is less bad than people make it to be. First time is hard but manageable .. other times it gets easier coz of bauble.

I did the epic 2 on 3 toons without the guise of disguise coz It wasn't on yet and I managed. And then managed to do the epic 2 on another fighter (who I use lvl 100 bauble) and a scout. Took my time, but managed. So Epic 2 is a nice item .. they say it's not a must have so don't do it if u don't want to. It's time sink sure ... but it's manageable.

and u had 1 year to do the epic 2 on one toon .. it doesn't force you to be on game always. just go your own pace and u manage.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #13
Asteldian

I doubt anyone not having the epic 2.0 is claiming a lack of time to do it. The shopping list of pre-reqs are just excessively long and tedious, the questline itself may well be quite good, but the challengeless busy work required simply makes it an unpleasant experience - If I wanted a joyless and challengeless slog through easy questlines I would be playing one of the many crappy modern MMOs around.

Anyway, gripe aside, as mentioned before, it being BiS makes sense - certainly if I had forced my way through the questline I would not be happy about it becoming redundant, but the fact it is BiS already means giving it additional advantage (mit debuff) over other people is a bad idea as you are widening an already existing gap
Old 11-21-2017, 02:41 AM   #14
wiouxev2

That makes sense, but especially for Raids/Heroics, the trash takes almost as long to kill as the bosses.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:38 AM   #15
Gninja

Developer

I was watching you guys fighting yesterday and the trash did not take anywhere near as long as the bosses.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:31 PM   #16
wiouxev2

Yes, that is true, but not across the board, PoD seemed right as far as trash health, POI seemed better the second time we were in there but certainly heroics felt (and still do) like the trash takes forever to kill. Not sure if that's been adjusted since..

The raid trash is still making quick work of us with their poisons
Old 11-21-2017, 07:37 PM   #17
Gninja

Developer

The trash in PoD and the PoI zones are identical in health and mitigations. If you pull more than a couple mobs you will likely get a ton of incoming damage. That is intended. This is the planes mass pulling here should be very deadly.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:09 AM   #18
Towkin

On Sunday 11/19/2017 , raid outgoing damage shows for the proc Obsidian Rend just to use something as a reference point.
PoI trash mobs
Innovative Crawler Obsidian Rend did 55,510,508.86 EncDPS with an average hit of 10,648,440.41
Innovative Scavenger Obsidian Rend did 93,872,131.34 EncDPS with an average hit of 14,978,504.02

PoD trash mobs
a greater bubonian infector Obsidian Rend did 203,626,274.81 EncDPS with an average hit of 20,075,829.91
a pox bringer Obsidian Rend did 87,712,897.16 EncDPS with an average hit of 23,267,890.73

When I look through farther I see that my own ca's / hits were lower in PoI vs in PoD, I am most likely missing something. I noticed that Obsidian Rend is varying in its damage type through the raid so resists may play a role as there are 4 types of obsidian rend damages I'm seeing.Though it would be helpful if some one could post some additional numerical information. As making claims and actual data may vary at times.

Ultimately the trash I felt was slower to kill in PoI , PoD trash is cake. It dies fast and feels like raid level trash mobs. Whereas PoI , good luck guilds without intense dps , your tanks will die from the poison, and you will need to be very patient to get through that instance at this point in time.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:17 AM   #19
wiouxev2

This lines up with what I have in ACT as well. Will post numbers when I get home.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:41 AM   #20
Gninja

Developer

Obsidian Rend is a spell cast by familiars not by raid mobs... Or are you saying that it hits the trash with that?