EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #1
Mermut

Is there any way currently in beta to get all 3 factions ally at once? Since the faction merchant gear is No-Trade and requires max faction, it is an important bit of informtion.

I'm curious, because if I'm going to have a toon do all three on live at some point, it makes a difference. If it's not doable, then I'll do the faction I 'want' my toon allied with last... if there is a practical way to do it, then I can start with the faction I like best.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:27 AM   #2
Dristlin

correct but you can change which one is at +50K as long as the gear does not fall off you should be fine.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:03 PM   #3
Toxlas

I always liked the faction system with the Maj Dul houses. Getting ally with all 3 was hard but doable. There was even a great questline to go with it, ring of fate I think it was.
Tox, hero of Maj Dul
Old 10-27-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
Kaitheel

Developer

Without getting your hopes up too high, we are playing with a way to make your faction not dip below a certain threshold once raised above it (we're calling it a delayed minimum).

For example (if it works the way we intend it) let's say we choose a Pakiat delayed minimum of 20,000, it would mean once you raised your Pakiat faction above 20,000 you would never have 19,999 faction or below. Even after doing Vahla quests.

The messaging for this, particularly on quest rewards, is key to making it intuitive or at least understandable.

The intent of this is to reduce the amount of repeatables necessary when you will inevitably want to jump faction back and forth.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:16 PM   #5
Mermut

Good to hear. Thanks for letting us know this is in the pipe Smile
Old 10-27-2017, 06:07 PM   #6
Hot_Rod

I hate the -faction mechanic. Why does Pakiat and the other one hate me -2500 for getting Vahla some components from a neutral area? Spies obviously, but with that much animosity all 3 factions should be dead to the last man, woman and monkey.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #7
Kander

Developer

We have plans to change some things so that once you have been with a faction, you will have a minimum you'll be able to go down to, so you won't end up bottom with a faction you already worked for. I wouldn't expect to see it in beta for a couple weeks though.
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #8
Dristlin

does not appear to be but you can grind up one then change by grinding up a second.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:22 PM   #9
Mermut

If you have 50k with one, you have -50k with the other two.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:39 PM   #10
Vulnere

It would be fun if it were possible at times, to reach Ally (50k)+++ status. By this I mean,
your toon would become so revered, as a cultural hero to a faction, that you could run up
and pee in their breakfast cereal, and it would make no difference whatsoever.

(I mean 'nailed up' 50k faction).

For example, if you prevent a species from going extinct, almost any behavior on your part should
be 100% acceptable.

Little things like this would give something else for people to strive for, and might increase immersion
in the game world. (who wouldn't enjoy "cosmic hero of the Ratonga" or "King of the slime molds"
or whatever as a title?
Old 11-02-2017, 11:18 PM   #11
VivoDivo

So which Faction do you like best? And are there any advantages of one over the others?
Old 11-02-2017, 11:25 PM   #12
Mermut

So far there are no particular advantages to one over the other. None of the currently offered gear on the faction merchants are very interesting. I expect later (either later in beta, but more likely once the expac goes live) there will be more and more interesting offerings on the faction merchants.

For those looking to be 'evil', Vahla is probably the best fit as they seem to believe there's nothing at all wrong with deception and sabatoge Wink
The Yrzu seem to be convinced they are above everybody.
The Pakiat are mystical and (mostly) 'good'.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:12 AM   #13
Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr

yeah, how about make this venue like Moors of Ykesha? Kill Brokenskull Void-touch pirates, who are evil to begin with, aggressive to everyone, and gain faction with the other three factions.
EASY fix.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:29 AM   #14
Mermut

I don't know that adding a 4th faction, with quests to kill them and earn faction with the other 3 factions, at this point is an 'easy' fix.....
Old 11-03-2017, 03:01 AM   #15
Lucus

if the minimum system doesn't work out and can't be implemented in that way, would a repeatable faction quest that is unlocked by a quest in the timeline currently but can only be done within a certain faction range, be on the table?

what i mean is if you had say vahla in positive and the other two in the negative range(having done all three questlines) you could do one quest for pakiat or yzru to set your faction with the one you chose directly to positive 20K saving all the grinding if you wanted to swap factions.
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:06 AM   #16
Mermut

A single quest giving 70k faction seems.... unlikely.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:36 AM   #17
Lucus

they basically want it easy for you to swap factions when you've done all three, just have the amount of faction given scale by the amount you have with them (only when you've done said faction's timelime completely) so you get to 20K positive, the result would be the similar as their proposed system that gives a new lower limit once you've done some of their quests.

both are shortcuts to 20K faction how they are done is just mechanically different.

i mean look at the vahla and yrzu last quests, they are literally click a chest and quest complete.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:50 AM   #18
Mermut

Gotcha.. Sorry I missed the part about having already done the other two lines.
Finding a way to peg the min at 20k once you reach that level would be 'cleaner' since there is the implication that players may want to swap back and forth.. especially since the faction item are No-Trade... not heirloom.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:55 AM   #19
Lucus

it would be alot better if it works the way the devs want, if it doesn't, it wouldn't hurt to have an alternative.