EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Arbit

In general, I would assume that "shoulder-length" hair is skimming or slightly below the shoulders.

However, since skinning is said to be confined to the head area, I'm led to believe that my hair must be above the shoulders.

Yet one of our example styles goes below the collarbone in front, and cascades down past the shoulder blades in the back (pictured below).

So, my question is, how long are players allowed to make hair?

What constitutes the longest limits of "shoulder length"?  How long can we go?

Thank you very much in advance. =)

Arbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
thesir

Wow, is this hairstyle you showed above already in the game then?  It doesn't look quite like the high elf SOGA hairstyles, but I can't figure out which other race has anything even close to that.  If it isn't in the game yet, it really should be.

We sure could use more wavy, long, wispy, soft hair styles for female avatars in EQ2 either way, though!

thesir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
Covic

Developer

Arbiter wrote:

However, since skinning is said to be confined to the head area, I'm led to believe that my hair must be above the shoulders.

You are right, you answered your own question.  Since skinning will be confined to the head, long hair will clip pretty bad with the shoulders.  Since we use OBJs files there is no skinning info so on our side we will be doing a 100 percent skin to the head.  It will move like a helmet.  Short hair will look a lot better.

Dave

Covic is offline   Reply With Quote