EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
ProteinPlu

I posted this sometime ago (too long ago) in the previous incarnation of the EQ2 forums.

Would you please allow for musicians/composers to submit music (tracks/pieces) to Player Studio to be used in housing and dungeon instances?

The sooner, the better. The submission process could be rapid.

Really. 

Thank You! 

ProteinPlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
feldon30

SOE Community Council

Players asked for the ability to do music and custom voiceover tracks at the PlayerStudio panel, so hopefully they're aware of it and considering options.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
Syrah

Player Studio Program Manager

Do you envision MMO players paying for extra music elements in their games?

I don't have any experience selling or buying music in-game. I've heard folks talk about adding custom emotes or sound effects to MMO for years, but I've never bought one in any of the games I've played. And that's as close as I've come to this.

Could I get you to describe the experience from the point of view of a player in one of these games?

Thank you.

Syrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
MasterMagnus

The Quiet Type

I was hoping for this as well, but fear it would be more difficult to review music submissions than meshes even.

Don't know about the OP but I had envisioned making household items that can be 'interacted with'.  Like the barbeque pit for example that has a 'USE' option when clicked on.

The 'USE' option could trigger a sound file.

Would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

MasterMagnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
Armous

The Quiet Type

With regard to music/sounds effects in prestidge homes, I'd like the ability to choose the music that plays in the background so that it suites the atmoshpere of the home I've created.  This could be just a drop down menu which enables the owner to choose pre-existing game music with possibly sample clips to help make the choosing easier.

I've asked for this function previously, but either no one saw it or no one wanted to pursue the idea.  I know there are others I've spoken to who would love the ability to choose the background music for their prestidge homes.

Thanks.

Armous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
MasterMagnus

The Quiet Type

That's a great idea too! (background music in housing)  Could be tied to a placed item as well (I.E. place the "talosian pipe organ" in your house to hear background music from that expansion).

MasterMagnus is offline   Reply With Quote