EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > Classes (CoE Beta) > Fighter
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Neonblue

Loremaster

One major issue I notice, is being locking to a prestige line and having to choose Potency/Crit Bonus, with Crit Bonus being on the left, and Potency on the right side, and almost all of the dps oreinted damage Abilities from the further Prestige points being on the Potency (right) side.  Yet everyone will just choose the Crit Bonus (left) for the extra DPS anyway.

Examples:  The line on the right prestige line for the Bruiser, Beserker, Inquisitor, Beatlord, etc... is the "DPS" line, with the extra abilities that do extra damage.  But these are also the lines that increase Potency, NOT Crit Bonus, so most of the time the class will actually do LESS DPS then choosing the other side. Since Crit Bonus for the auto attack is more favorable.

SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, just let every class pick if they want the Crit Bonus increase, or the Potency increase, UNLOCK them for either tree to choose. This will solve a lot of isues with these Prestige lines, Thanks!

PS:  also please do not simply switch the crit bonus/potency for any class because I said this, less I get the blame and get flamed in channels.  

Thanks,

Neonblue

Neonblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Singses
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Deviation

Loremaster

THIS! Definitely, this! And not only for fighters, please. For example, in dirge line, the "DPS line" has the potency endline (well, middleline now) and so everyone picks the "heal line" even for DPS, since crit bonus is just so much better.

Please pull the stat converters out of the lines. That way, picking between a defensive and an offensive line will be much more difficult since both will have attractive options then, instead of just picking the one with crit bonus. Please please please.

Singses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Jadekah
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Epic Punishment

Loremaster

How many thumbs up can I give this ? It completely hoses the classes that this happens to. Just make it an option, or outright switch it. It's clear the right side is the "DPS" side.

Jadekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
hert

Loremaster

Bump! I fully agree with this post! It's frustrating. As a bruiser Im forced to take a pot end line with a 1:30 ratio of ma to pot, which means I'll get 20 pot out of it forever no matter what, since nobody would ever try stacking ma past 600, cuz the diminished returns on it are so extreme. Meanwhile monks and other people have useful conversions to crit bonus attached to abilities that actually do something when you stack them. I mean, 40+ cb our monk gets in combat is preeeety amazing compared to my 20 pot. I mean stack haste to 800, get like 40 flurry, and 40 cb? or stack say, 900 ma, get nothing really, and get 30 pot. I don't Mind some creative differences, but really?? Honestly I could live with keeping the pot, just attach it to a stat that I'm not already reforging OUT of, or at least give an option. 

hert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
Shotneedle

Loremaster

I wouldn't say going from 600 to 900 ma is nothing really...but it's definitely not on par with the haste/dps conversions.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
Drumstix

Loremaster

+1 for this. Been thinking this since the introduction of Prestige tree.

Conversion abilities would be a lot more flexible and feel rewarding if we had a choice of one or the other each time we reach that required prereqs for them.

[DrumsUI] author @ EQ2Interface.com
Drumstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Agreed almost a no brainer idea on the 2 versions of stat conversions...many classes have poorly thought out conversion choices or wrong endlines (now midlines)....

Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote