EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > Classes (CoE Beta) > Fighter
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Gaarysal
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Fist of the Empire

Loremaster

Currently I have 3 points in Reaper's Mist and none of the other boxes associated with it. With 3 points it is significantly more viable than it was at 1 where it was complete junk, so my opinion rapidly improved with the more points I spent and I anticipate this to continue as I pick up the other boxes.

However, the problem is the proc Reap. The proc damage is completely underwhelming, it was parsing about 500 dps in Throne of Fear which is extremely extremely low apparently the increased number of hits to Reaping means Reap so the damage will get better with more points, but the hit rate and wasted increments still and issue. The following are two simple changes that will make the proc do much better and will be a good way to further test the maximum potential of this proc:

1) Make it Reap proc off both combat arts AND spells as currently it only works on combat arts which for a Shadowknight is very far from ideal especially when 6 triggers are procing off every 5s and the few CAs we have are on cooldown. Procing off spells would also allow the spell to perpetuate itself ensuring that all the triggers are used by casting it again while at the same time refreshing those triggers.

2) Make Reap unresistable, it had about a 50% hit rate while Reaper's Mist was 100%.

The above will at least allow all the triggers of the spell to be used and not go to waste. I fear that the proc will still be underwhelming but the shear number of procs might make up for it.

Gaarysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
Gaarysal

Loremaster

To further illustrate:

As you can see above, Reaper's Mist hit 541 times which means 541 increments, 1 increment should = 1 proc of Reap. However, Reap only swung 367 times, this is due to the combat art only requirement to proc it. 174 increments were flat out wasted and if you factor in the 50% hit rate of Reap, 343 increments were wasted.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
Gaarysal

Loremaster

Ok, all points spent now. Reaper's Mist and Reap are completely maxed out. Here is a zonewide from CD:

As shown above, Reap is now doing significantly more dps with more points spent which is great, good job on that. However the number of procs is still falling short of the amount of increments actually applied by Reaper's Mist.

Each Mist applies 2 increments so 131*2= 262 increments... Reap has 4 hits per proc so 656/4= 164... 62.5% of the increments were used and 37.5% of them were completely wasted.

Since the change from 6-8 targets I think Grim Reaper's max increments needs to be changed to be in line with the max target change, perhaps 12 max to have the same +50% bonus it had initially. This could have contributed to the amount of procs vs theoretical increments but mainly it is due to Shadowknights simply not having enough combat arts to use up the triggers in that 5s time window and they just become backlogged. If changing it to proc off spells as well is just out of the question, perhaps auto attack could be a decent substitute.

Finally, the resistability of Reap was significantly better, I'd still very much like to see it unresistable.