EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
Drenderlin
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Kinsmen Of Honor

Loremaster

Im thinking of playing a mystic. I enjoy the whole bear theme priest. I see they get a Ursine Form as well. So can they deal some decent damage in instances up 1-90 and even somewhat in raids?

Drenderlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Hene

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

can they deal some decent damage in instances up 1-90 and even somewhat in raids?

Yes

I am regularly top 5 or 10 in Raid wide dps even MT healing on all but the most strenuous progression fights

Hene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
Shredderr

Loremaster

but how much healing capacity do we give up by speccing to dps really ? Arent we a better healer by picking other options ?

Knowall 92 mystic Nagafen

Shredderr 92 wizard Nagafen

Shredderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Shredderr wrote:

but how much healing capacity do we give up by speccing to dps really ? Arent we a better healer by picking other options ?

Not as much as you'd think.

When you're a raid healer, no one's impressed if you can heal. That's all of 3 or 4 buttons in your arsenal. What you can do outside of healing, but still manage to pump out the HPS, is what makes you a skilled player vs a heal bot. Mystics have enough indirect healing capability that going full heals all the time is pretty much a waste of our class; they'd recruit a defiler or templar for your spot if healing was all they were looking for.

Me, personally? I go full on heals when we're facing a new encounter... and that's about the only time I ever grab that spec from my AA mirror. When I've got the mob knowledge and an idea of what my base priority should be, I tweak my role in the encounter to be as efficient AT BOTH heals and DPS as possible. I'm a mystic therefore I'm expected to do both simultaneously and do them both well.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
1rocketjones

Loremaster

I have a raid spec and a solo spec. If you're not dpsing you're not playing your toon to it's max potential.

1rocketjones is offline   Reply With Quote