EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Munashe

Journeyman

Hi all,

I was wondering about the Cleric tree AA ability Steadfast. Do I have to stand still for 2 seconds then I get a buff that keeps refreshing itself as long as I stand still? Or does it only last for 2 seconds and then its over until I move and then stand still for 2 seconds again?

If an enemy knocks me over of pushes me back, does that count as me not standing still and therefore cancel the steadfast buff?

Thank you.

Munashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
Calain80

Loremaster

Actually it is quite simple: - The game checks every two seconds if you moved. - If you did not move you get the buff. - If you did move the buff does not get refreshed. - Anything that moves you (including knocks backs) counts as movement. The 1st check means, that you typically need to stand still for ~3s for Steadfast to kick in. But it also means that the effect is not really canceled the instant you move, but it will just no longer refresh, giving you ~1s of Steadfast after the movement started. (not being able to cast while moving still applies)
Calain80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
Munashe

Journeyman

Thank you for the reply, that makes perfect sense to me and sounds like a great AA! =)

Munashe is offline   Reply With Quote