EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
harryjd

Loremaster

Hi, I started playing DoV a few weeks ago and am now wearing all the PQ stuff + what adornments I was able to afford. In terms of heroic content, I've run shadowed corridors a few times and pools once. I have arond 145% crit chance, 100% crit mit and 65% cast speed.

My question is - which heroic zones do these stats restrict me to? I don't want to join a PUG for a zone that I won't be able to heal. I examined one of the mobs in pools and read 70% crit avoid, I don't see how I can get my crit chance up to 170% without equipping a 2h and shield?

Any advice appreciated.

harryjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
S_M_I_T_E

Loremaster

harryjd wrote:

Hi, I started playing DoV a few weeks ago and am now wearing all the PQ stuff + what adornments I was able to afford. In terms of heroic content, I've run shadowed corridors a few times and pools once. I have arond 145% crit chance, 100% crit mit and 65% cast speed.

My question is - which heroic zones do these stats restrict me to? I don't want to join a PUG for a zone that I won't be able to heal. I examined one of the mobs in pools and read 70% crit avoid, I don't see how I can get my crit chance up to 170% without equipping a 2h and shield?

Any advice appreciated.

I ran around in full PQ & 1H and shield from Ascent for 4 months or so at 95 CM.  I easily did Ascent, Pools, SC, and reasonably solo heal/cured ISK.  The Spire I was always grateful for a 2nd heal though especially with a so so tank and no mez for the fellow with the 3 worms. 

Honestly, in August most people running the upper teir heroic zones can frankly carry you through as long as you won't be AOE one shotted.  I personally don't have a feel for which zones those are but alot of people just skipped the entire Rygorr/Kael grind and went TOFS X2 and geared up there and moved onto EM X4 raiding allowing them to do "heroic" content at their leisure without feeling inadequate and having the awkward "Oh you only have X CM and Y CC, c ya.... (you have left the group)".

Find a entry level raid schedule and hop on, or a guild that will pull 3-4 days a week of heroic zone cycles so you can stay in heroic land if you like.  Or enjoy your PQ gear and /own all TSO and below content at your whim.  I'd advise some AOE autoattack adorns since mass pulling stuff while mentored is slower without it.

S_M_I_T_E is offline   Reply With Quote