EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
mtime

Loremaster

Played the game when it first launched and stayed with it until 60 and the Sky expansion came out. Started back up at Kunark but quit again. Now once again back.

Trying to figure out if I should focus caster or melee for my dps. Having never really played when our class was melee I am not opposed to going caster.

I am just trying to figure out what is the most bang for my buck. Will I do more sustained dmg as a caster or melee (when not doing my real job of healing)?

mtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
Calain80

Loremaster

From my point of view Inquisitor is all about melee. Even now and esp. with the incoming AA changes there is absolutely no reason not to skill the CAs. If you want to play a spell based cleric you a probably better of as a Templar. Their nukes actually hit harder then ours and their heals are bigger and have a longer reuse, that you actually have the time for a nuke between heals while an Inquisitor will spam heal without a break if there is a lot of damage incoming. Also remember that all damage is now based on your wis. This includes the melee damage, so the choice between melee and spells is mainly an AA choice and as you have to spend 70AA in the "EOF part" of the Inquisitor tree you might as well take the CAs.
Calain80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #3
luinnil

Loremaster

Melee is really the only way to go as an Inquisitor.  The CAs are much much faster casting and very easy to do between when you need to heal.

luinnil is offline   Reply With Quote