EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Striikor
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Purgatory

Loremaster

I am trying to figure out how to reduce the number of stifles, stuns and interrupts that land on my mystic. With the slower casting very often I can't get the ward up because of one or the other. What is available to mystics to reduce that? I am sure that I am missing some piece or technique.

Impenetrable Will works for some (not all) and the incredible 10seconds duration with a 4 minute recast makes it essentially useless.

Have you uber mystics who solo heal on regular occasion developed a technique or acquired gear or anything to mitigate these? 

I don't know very much about Steadfast.... do we have something like that hidden somewhere?

“The thirst for equality can express itself either as a desire to draw everyone down to one's level, or to raise oneself and everyone else up.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

George Bernard Shaw
Striikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:06 AM   #2
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster

Oh, you don't know the half of it.  Try playing a shaman on PvP where every melee class and even some of the casting classes have ways to interupt you constantly.  We do get screwed in this aspect...  We don't get steadfast of anything like it, we don't get a nice focus buff...  Just have to find a good stop to be where you won't get the interupts often and hope the rest of your group or raid can keep adds off you.

Greggthegrmreapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
wullailhuit

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to reduce the number of stifles, stuns and interrupts that land on my mystic. With the slower casting very often I can't get the ward up because of one or the other. What is available to mystics to reduce that? I am sure that I am missing some piece or technique.

Impenetrable Will works for some (not all) and the incredible 10seconds duration with a 4 minute recast makes it essentially useless.

Have you uber mystics who solo heal on regular occasion developed a technique or acquired gear or anything to mitigate these? 

I don't know very much about Steadfast.... do we have something like that hidden somewhere?

There are a few items that drop in vigi x 2 that have a proc on cast that stops you being affected by stuns/stifles for about 30 seconds every minute and also some items from Hard Mode raid mobs....apart from that Ive never see anything else with decent stats and that sort of proc.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
Striikor

Loremaster

Soooo what are those items?

“The thirst for equality can express itself either as a desire to draw everyone down to one's level, or to raise oneself and everyone else up.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
Striikor

Loremaster

Would be nice if Ancestral Balm would cure stun, Stifle, mez. I am having a real struggle in BG's as mentioned. Every toon out there seems to know they can land that stuff on a mystic as opposed to other healers. And our casting is so slow it leaves a huge opportunity for them to totally disrupt our ability to heal.

Friedrich Nietzsche

George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
Adegx
Server: Permafrost
Guild: League of the Extraordinary

Loremaster

For interrupts I got nothing. I do carry Signets/relics.  Keep them on a hotbar. These are useable while under the effect of What ever. Not exactly a long term solution but great in a pinch.  I also have the ring that procs immunity to stiffle not sure where i got it from.

Though i do carry signets I rarely use them. Most of the raid fights i'm in, what ever has me stunned/stiffled/what ever is short enough that i can count on my wards to keep tank up till it wears off. That being said I dont actually need my relics often. They are mostly there for emergencies when i need to heal NOW. Not later.   Thankfully I dont have many of those moments.

*edit* Went back and looked for you.

Ring of the Iron Gazer. Guessing drops off Last guy in RH.

Adegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #7
Striikor

Loremaster

Thanks, gotta say I am really learning to hate BG on a mystic.

Friedrich Nietzsche

George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
Brigh

Loremaster

what level bg? I thought shamans were forces to be reckoned with having Scourge.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
Banditman

Loremaster

You might also consider the Immunities endline on the Mystic tree.  Again, it's just a tool.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
Gahnand
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium

Loremaster

BGs on a mystic = ez mode. I rofl stomp every class except a good brig. AB clears stifles, stuns, and mezz idk [Removed for Content] that guy is tlaking about. Really all you need is: Ring of Emptiness -- Munzok Hoop of Hope for stifles -- Miraguls there is also one in UD Master Syfak's Purple Sapphire Earring for stuns -- first named in UD Interrupts you are just [Removed for Content] unless you roll a cleric. As for the guy saying 'OMG DUDE U HAVE NO IDEA PVP LULZZZZZ'. Try wing 3 in UD. I'm pretty sure there is no where else in the entire world of everquest that has more interrupts than Saalax.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
Striikor

Loremaster

Actually doing much better now except for power issues. Spec'd immunities and use the two charms. Still can't hold the relic in gears the whole time without being a little to slow on heal refreshes as the damage increases past 15k every 3 seconds (of course wards give no protection from it), wish the damage on the relic were changed so that wards caught it.

Power is still a big issue, spirit tap is useless in BG (I love it on raids). It could be corrected if they made it encounter based damage instead of target based damage.

Making it encounter damage would not make any appreciable difference in solo,  group instances or RAIDS (Everyone gets filled up on power and stays there for 30 seconds when I trigger it in an instance or RAID right now on target based damage) , but would actually make Spirit Tap of some use in BG if it were based on encounter damage. 

(not much chance of getting the items quakeroatmeal4 mentioned, my mystic is an alt)

Friedrich Nietzsche

George Bernard Shaw