EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Defiler
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
Tekkor

Loremaster

Heyas all.

Returning player who played atlaunch a few months...came back once around Fay expansion for a few months....then me and 5 friends just came back about a month ago. Really enjoying it this time around. We all rolled new toons as we didnt feel like trying to figure our old 50's out and with the leveling being so quick now....ehh do something new.

So obviously Im playing a Defiler. Been really enjoying it so far. So a couple questions....btw...Im lvl 61. 

- Ive seen in a few places the term "Healing Stance" what does that mean. I saw on the Shadow tree something on that first ability that gives you the 3 buffs...something about doesnt work while in healing stance.

- Ive read around...right now Im at like 80 AA. Have most in AGI and STR lines right now...then on Shadow. Have a few on Defiler tree to get down to the increase on Forced Cannibalize as I like the power regen increase for longer fights etc. Anyway...on the Shadow tree is there any suggestion on the 2nd row which ones to put points into...beyond the first one Im not really sure.

- Gear so far has been a bit of a chore. At 62 I guess the next set starts etc. I also have the first 2 pieces of the gear you get out on the Sky Isles for those quest lines. Is there any good gear/weapons in certain instances around the 60-70's range I should try to go grab?

- So far the leveling for all of us has been pretty fast. At what point will it be a noticable slowdown? 70 or 80 I imagine?

Thanks for any help.

Tekkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
Tehom

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

- Ive seen in a few places the term "Healing Stance" what does that mean. I saw on the Shadow tree something on that first ability that gives you the 3 buffs...something about doesnt work while in healing stance.

- Ive read around...right now Im at like 80 AA. Have most in AGI and STR lines right now...then on Shadow. Have a few on Defiler tree to get down to the increase on Forced Cannibalize as I like the power regen increase for longer fights etc. Anyway...on the Shadow tree is there any suggestion on the 2nd row which ones to put points into...beyond the first one Im not really sure.

- Gear so far has been a bit of a chore. At 62 I guess the next set starts etc. I also have the first 2 pieces of the gear you get out on the Sky Isles for those quest lines. Is there any good gear/weapons in certain instances around the 60-70's range I should try to go grab?

- So far the leveling for all of us has been pretty fast. At what point will it be a noticable slowdown? 70 or 80 I imagine?

- The final two abilities in the Shadows tree are the Heal Stance and the Offensive stance. Litany of Combat won't work while in the Healing stance.

- Litany of Combat is really good. Increasing the mitigation of your mitigation buff isn't horrible.

-Not really anything great. Just grab whatever you can find with +ability modifer on it. There won't be much with +crit chance.

-Some, especially in the 80-90 range, but it'll still be fast. Getting AAs will be much more of a burden. I'd encourage you to at least be fairly close to finishing your AAs before you hit 90, since currently level 90 characters don't get the vitality bonus for xp to AA conversion. They've said they'd change that eventually, but haven't yet. I'd encourage you all to set your sliders to around 50% or even higher just so getting AA later on isn't as onerous.

Tehom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
Tigress

Loremaster

you need more AAs.  you are 2/3 of the way to top XP level but less than 1/3 of the way to max AAs.  i've been told that as you hit your 70s, it gets really hard to get AAs.  i'd suggest that you lock your AA to 100% and have all of your XP converted to AA until you get caught up and are also 2/3 of the way to max AAs.

i know that doesnt really answer your question but you may have felt that you leveled too quickly bc you are lacking AAs.  i run around with mine at 50% all the time and lock it at 100% AA when i notice that i'm not in line with my leveling XP.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote