EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Forum Help and Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
Ama

General

Any idea when this little problem will be fixed?

Only work around I have found for this is selecting all of my text and copying it.  Could we get a kind of Preview button or feature to save our text incase this happens?

Old 03-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #2
Tstorm

Tester

Amana wrote:

Only work around I have found for this is selecting all of my text and copying it.  Could we get a kind of Preview button or feature to save our text incase this happens?

This is a known issue (see the stickied issues list).  I highly doubt SOE will come in and commit to a fix by a certain date.  Just like in-game issues, it is something that is very hard for them to make promises like that. The best way to not run into this issue is do not open other posts in other windows/tabs while posting/editing.  When you open a thread, note the "Quick Reply" feature at the bottom of the thread.  It basically tells the server "this person is about to post" and it effectively kills any other posting/editing sessions you have going.  Yeah, it's a bug and very annoying, but it's easy to work around. SMILEY
Old 03-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
Ama

General

Tstorm wrote:
Amana wrote:

This is a known issue (see the stickied issues list).  I highly doubt SOE will come in and commit to a fix by a certain date.  Just like in-game issues, it is something that is very hard for them to make promises like that. The best way to not run into this issue is do not open other posts in other windows/tabs while posting/editing.  When you open a thread, note the "Quick Reply" feature at the bottom of the thread.  It basically tells the server "this person is about to post" and it effectively kills any other posting/editing sessions you have going.  Yeah, it's a bug and very annoying, but it's easy to work around. SMILEY

Thanks for the suggestion Tstorm i'll keep it in mind when i'm posting.  There have been nearly a dozen moments where my copy function doesn't work and whatever I typed was destroyed.  Kinda hard to reproduce 20min of work inside of 3 min when your about ready to walk out the door. 

That's why i'm starting to copy almost religiously in order to bypass the problem.