EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Forum Help and Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
Ama

General
Ama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,833
Default

Hey Grimwell what happened to the Community News Section? You guys make it so you can't make new topics in there unless you have access or something?
__________________
Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
Articulas

Zombie Aardvark
Articulas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 453
Default

It would make sense if they limited it to community leaders.
__________________
Articulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
Ama

General
Ama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,833
Default

Was kinda nice though seeing people post up interesting stuff in there.  Now it's just limited to the fansites like TTH, Warcry, and such.  SMILEY
__________________
Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #4
GPA_Coyote

ChernobylKitten
GPA_Coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 289
Default

What's stopping people who can't post there from contacting Grimwell and asking for access?

 I disagree that "Just" fansites like TTH and Warcry should be able to post there, but at the same time - it cuts down from people spam posting in every section and misposting off-topic stuff in news as it was very frequent to happen.

But to sit back and just bemoan your fate smacks of apathy. If someone wants to post there and has valid "community" stuff to post, there is NO reason they shouldn't be allowed.

Asking is easy, but complaining is easier.

GPA_Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
Josgar

Loremaster
Josgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,606
Default

How am i suppose to anounce my plan to recapture me homeland?
Josgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:04 PM   #6
bensilvi

Loremaster
bensilvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 404
Default

It should be about Fansites ala Community. Asking for access isnt a problem but any joe blow putting up a myspace page and announcing about it in there is not what is what intended for. Ask and you shall receive.
bensilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #7
Ama

General
Ama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,833
Default

bensilvi wrote:
It should be about Fansites ala Community. Asking for access isnt a problem but any joe blow putting up a myspace page and announcing about it in there is not what is what intended for. Ask and you shall receive.
Considering that I sent Grimwell a message and never received an answer does speak about something.  Sadily I don't think access will be given litely and it'll probably be restricted.  Guess those eq2flames guys got their wish when we transfered to the new forums.
__________________
Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:39 AM   #8
GPA_Coyote

ChernobylKitten
GPA_Coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 289
Default

Amana wrote:
bensilvi wrote:
It should be about Fansites ala Community. Asking for access isnt a problem but any joe blow putting up a myspace page and announcing about it in there is not what is what intended for. Ask and you shall receive.
Considering that I sent Grimwell a message and never received an answer does speak about something.  Sadily I don't think access will be given litely and it'll probably be restricted.  Guess those eq2flames guys got their wish when we transfered to the new forums.

Wow..aren't YOU a little bitter fountain of angst?

Yeah, dropping Grimwell a PM and not getting a response sucks. I'm with you on that. When did you drop it to him? Has it been a week, or are we talking a day of no responses?

The new forums are BUGGY as hell, Grimwell is getting SLAMMED with PM's and as much as I can't defend it or say it's right, I'm sure the occassional PM slides through the hole in the fence.

PM him again - smart.

Blaming it somehow on EQ2Flames? - Childish and a jump in logic I couldn't follow if I had a map and GPS.

The world isn't out to get you. Its not a personal attack on you, and you aren't being ignored and neglected so don't play your beaten card here.

Suck it up, PM him again, and chill with the EMO - its getting old, even for you.

GPA_Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #9
Christofurious

Loremaster
Christofurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24
Default

GPA_Coyote wrote:
Amana wrote:
bensilvi wrote:
It should be about Fansites ala Community. Asking for access isnt a problem but any joe blow putting up a myspace page and announcing about it in there is not what is what intended for. Ask and you shall receive.
Considering that I sent Grimwell a message and never received an answer does speak about something.  Sadily I don't think access will be given litely and it'll probably be restricted.  Guess those eq2flames guys got their wish when we transfered to the new forums.

Wow..aren't YOU a little bitter fountain of angst?

Yeah, dropping Grimwell a PM and not getting a response sucks. I'm with you on that. When did you drop it to him? Has it been a week, or are we talking a day of no responses?

The new forums are BUGGY as hell, Grimwell is getting SLAMMED with PM's and as much as I can't defend it or say it's right, I'm sure the occassional PM slides through the hole in the fence.

PM him again - smart.

Blaming it somehow on EQ2Flames? - Childish and a jump in logic I couldn't follow if I had a map and GPS.

The world isn't out to get you. Its not a personal attack on you, and you aren't being ignored and neglected so don't play your beaten card here.

Suck it up, PM him again, and chill with the EMO - its getting old, even for you.

Dang Coyote...just on the single basis of what was read in this posting it seems as if YOU are the "little bitter fountain of angst".  I don't know or care about any history between you two, but the guy brings up a valid question that deserves a valid response and not what appears to be a personal attack as if HE's the one whining.  What was your point in even posting here if your suggestions were going to be peppered with personal attacks and condescending tone?  Not exactly the personality I'd want in a "Community Leader".  Lighten up..it's just a game
Christofurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #10
Ama

General
Ama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,833
Default

Christofurious wrote:
GPA_Coyote wrote:
Amana wrote:
bensilvi wrote:
It should be about Fansites ala Community. Asking for access isnt a problem but any joe blow putting up a myspace page and announcing about it in there is not what is what intended for. Ask and you shall receive.
Considering that I sent Grimwell a message and never received an answer does speak about something.  Sadily I don't think access will be given litely and it'll probably be restricted.  Guess those eq2flames guys got their wish when we transfered to the new forums.

Wow..aren't YOU a little bitter fountain of angst?

Yeah, dropping Grimwell a PM and not getting a response sucks. I'm with you on that. When did you drop it to him? Has it been a week, or are we talking a day of no responses?

The new forums are BUGGY as hell, Grimwell is getting SLAMMED with PM's and as much as I can't defend it or say it's right, I'm sure the occassional PM slides through the hole in the fence.

PM him again - smart.

Blaming it somehow on EQ2Flames? - Childish and a jump in logic I couldn't follow if I had a map and GPS.

The world isn't out to get you. Its not a personal attack on you, and you aren't being ignored and neglected so don't play your beaten card here.

Suck it up, PM him again, and chill with the EMO - its getting old, even for you.

Dang Coyote...just on the single basis of what was read in this posting it seems as if YOU are the "little bitter fountain of angst".  I don't know or care about any history between you two, but the guy brings up a valid question that deserves a valid response and not what appears to be a personal attack as if HE's the one whining.  What was your point in even posting here if your suggestions were going to be peppered with personal attacks and condescending tone?  Not exactly the personality I'd want in a "Community Leader".  Lighten up..it's just a game

It's ok bud Coyote's reasoning goes in line with his reasoning "It's easier to complain then do something about it."  He finds it easier to ridicul and make judgements than help a person out.  However I got nothing against it so i'm not complaining about it. 

O and Coyote the reason I say "EQ2Flames" got their wish is I have seen those horrid remarks of theirs (and yours).  I especially love the little title for the forum i'm in "Rate-A-[Removed for Content]".  If I was the owner of that forum I would be quaking in my boots every time I logged in.  All it takes is one little [Removed for Content] to start something up and rally people to do something drastic.  He/She isn't safe behind that "Wall" they call the rules no more than I am behind mine for download guidelines. 

__________________
Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:50 AM   #11
GPA_Coyote

ChernobylKitten
GPA_Coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 289
Default

Christofurious wrote:
Dang Coyote...just on the single basis of what was read in this posting it seems as if YOU are the "little bitter fountain of angst".  I don't know or care about any history between you two, but the guy brings up a valid question that deserves a valid response and not what appears to be a personal attack as if HE's the one whining.  What was your point in even posting here if your suggestions were going to be peppered with personal attacks and condescending tone?  Not exactly the personality I'd want in a "Community Leader".  Lighten up..it's just a game

Normally Christo I'd be the first to agree with you;

*IF* this was initially posted here.

But it wasn't. It was thrown into the Non-Game-Discussion Forum, and my "bitter" response was created there.

In this forum you won't see me "trolling" or "ruining the pristine image of community leader" but by the same token, you are ABSOLUTELY right - you don't know all of the facts.

I don't consider what I said in my post negative until Amana took a cheap shot at the EQ2Flames folks. It was uncalled for and done for reasons, again, you don't know. I addressed that.

At no point did I not say that his point was not valid, and if you re-read you'll see that I gave advice and instruction on how to go about this in a more construtive manner.

But please remember, this wasn't someone posting something in the correct forum and getting flamed. It was someone posting in the Non-game-discussion, bemoaning his fate before getting a response, and throwing personal attacks not at a person, but an entire website because that site once "slighted" the person in question.

On *that* note, now that the thread has been moved here, you'll see my tone change accordingly.

As for your pointing out my title, please note - people are human, even "Community Leaders", and can be riled accordingly.

GPA_Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #12
Ama

General
Ama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,833
Default

GPA_Coyote wrote:
Christofurious wrote:
Dang Coyote...just on the single basis of what was read in this posting it seems as if YOU are the "little bitter fountain of angst".  I don't know or care about any history between you two, but the guy brings up a valid question that deserves a valid response and not what appears to be a personal attack as if HE's the one whining.  What was your point in even posting here if your suggestions were going to be peppered with personal attacks and condescending tone?  Not exactly the personality I'd want in a "Community Leader".  Lighten up..it's just a game

Normally Christo I'd be the first to agree with you;

*IF* this was initially posted here.

But it wasn't. It was thrown into the Non-Game-Discussion Forum, and my "bitter" response was created there.

In this forum you won't see me "trolling" or "ruining the pristine image of community leader" but by the same token, you are ABSOLUTELY right - you don't know all of the facts.

I don't consider what I said in my post negative until Amana took a cheap shot at the EQ2Flames folks. It was uncalled for and done for reasons, again, you don't know. I addressed that.

At no point did I not say that his point was not valid, and if you re-read you'll see that I gave advice and instruction on how to go about this in a more construtive manner.

But please remember, this wasn't someone posting something in the correct forum and getting flamed. It was someone posting in the Non-game-discussion, bemoaning his fate before getting a response, and throwing personal attacks not at a person, but an entire website because that site once "slighted" the person in question.

On *that* note, now that the thread has been moved here, you'll see my tone change accordingly.

As for your pointing out my title, please note - people are human, even "Community Leaders", and can be riled accordingly.

Ya...you gave advice in your own little sarcastic way. I posted it in the NGD because I felt it was the most appropriate there then it got moved here.  Blame the mod not the poster for that one Coyote. 

Also Coyote that forum is nothing but a hate area end of story.  It is a powder keg to put it bluntly and one day it will explode taking someone with it.  They have taken cheap shots at me and I say if they want to be childish i'll be childish right back taking cheap shots at them.  Didn't a person once say "All's fair in love and war"? Well I don't consider EQ2Flames to be a "Love" forum by any stretch.  I've thought about posting there and leashing out at everyone.  But you know i'm better than they are and that's why I don't post there.  Also I don't want my feet smelling like [Removed for Content].

__________________
Ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #13
GPA_Coyote

ChernobylKitten
GPA_Coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 289
Default

Amana wrote:

O and Coyote the reason I say "EQ2Flames" got their wish is I have seen those horrid remarks of theirs (and yours). 

Amana, I'm not going to get into a flame war with you in this forum. Its not the time nor place for us to air any issues we have personally.

But I will address the above statement.

I *DEFY* you to find a *SINGLE* time I have personally attacked you on that site, or added to any hate for you on that site.

You are flat out, DEAD wrong, and if you read the ONE place I did respond in the thread that you are discussing, it is to point out that I found it wrong to attack you in a place where you didn't or wouldn't respond.

You. Are. Wrong.

As well, if that site has your ire or animosity and is a "powder keg" as you put it, why would you openly attack it and give them more ammo to use against you? Do you like the ridicule?

I'm not attacking you here, and I'm bowing out of this thread because this is not the forum or place for this discussion, but I welcome you to continue it in PM's because I would love to hear your responses.

GPA_Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #14
Savanja

Fansite Staff
Savanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 397
Default

Grimwell is AFK this week.  Ask Raijinn or just wait til he gets back next week.
__________________
~**Savanja**~
Savanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:09 AM   #15
StarryEyedElf

Moderator
StarryEyedElf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Posts: 195
Default

There's way too much hate in this thread. Chill out or it will be locked pending Grimwell's return.
__________________
StarryEyedElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #16
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant
SisterTheresa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,250
Default

-=sighs=-  These are the things that make me not like coming to read boards.  All this stuff to slough through to find useful information.

This could all have been stopped if it was taken to PMs BEFORE it got to this point.  Because I don't see a reason why it was put here in the first place.

But thank you for the info that Grimwell is away.

__________________
SisterTheresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.