EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-26-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
Ivan Kerensky

Loremaster

... from the 9th to the 7th level of each tiers.

Right now we are stuck with low level quest for nearly 2/3rd of a level, and got a nice quest only at the 9th level of a tiers wich is silly because:

- This quest only last for one level before we get the easy next tiers one.

- The recipes asked are level 5th-6th.

- We are doomed with quest with 1st,2nd and 3rd level recipest for 9/10th of a Tiers.

This quest should really be avaliable at the 7th level, this way each 3 quest are equally set and the experience is more balanced. Right now it is a chores to go from 46 to 49, then a bliss through 49...

I dont know if the trouble is the same for each tiers, but it definitely is for the Tiers 5, and 4... I cant tell for the previous Tiers as my craftsmen where up there before the implementation of the new tradeskill quest ( yes all 8 of them... ).

Did anyone agree ?

Ivan Kerensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
KirthKainnech

Loremaster

I agree with this.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
rattlebonz

Loremaster

/signed
rattlebonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
Galeden

Loremaster

I would like this except for the fact that it would hurt people who hit 80 even more then now. When your leveling you hit the next tier and you get a new writ at x0, but for 80s, that means for 3 levels they are loosing more and more reward for writs (faction and money), with no new one when they hit 80. Now making it 4 writs per tier would be much better, say x0, x3 x6 x9 or something. But just dropping the last writ level would hurt crafters in their last 2 levels of doing writs, and continue to hurt them until the next level raise hits, but then it would go back to the same problem as soon as they get near max again.
Galeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
Ivan Kerensky

Loremaster

Well, I partialy understand you concern...

It will help them go faster from 77 to 79... very very faster... and earn far more status point on thoses 2 levels.

At 79 they will got the very same quest they got now, with just a bit less statut point on it. Is a minor losse on status point at level 79 and 80 so much in balance of nearly doubling up the quest exp rate of level 7,8,17,18,27,28,37,38,47,48,57,58,67,68,77 and 78. And also up the status point gained at thoses level...

If anything need to be added it is the easy quest for the level 80 and Tiers 9 objects SMILEY ... and perhaps in Velious time it will be there so...

I dont think it is a necessity to keep à 0,3,6,9 balance from top to end, first because there is no such things at a level 0 crafting quest, you start at 1. Dividing 9 by 3 is easy , but the trouble will be the lack of the new tiers recipe until level *3. And *9 is too late to get a quest if you got a new one at *0.

So I will still ask for a move of the hard quest from *9 to *7 and eventually if balance is really needed and I am unsure it is putting a 80 quest with 79 or 80 level recipes...

Old 02-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
Oh

General

While i understand to some degree the frustration of getting a writ at x9 and basically just blazing through it and then your at the x0 writ. I really just don't see the problem. It is really really easy to level any tradeskill with the current system. All you need is a bunch of mats for each tier, and just sit there and do about 10-15ish writs per level depending on rested xp, and what level your talking about (aka you just got a new writ or not). I guess i should say please educate me how what we have now isn't working or is broken? If you say it's because we never use X recipies in the writs, well the reason for writs is to help balance out the playing field for those professions that only have a few recipies period. Also you could just make those recipies that were never made and get your first time bonus that way.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:23 AM   #7
Ivan Kerensky

Loremaster

Well the problem is that you grind the same quest for 6 levels... exact same recipes for 6 levels... for less and less status and exp.

And it is broken because it make no sense, not because it isn't playable, doable.

I found it peculiarly aggravating for my weaponsmith and armorer as their mats are hard to get and costly, their recipes are few and far between... the last 2 levels 46 and 47 were really a chores, because I need to do the tradeskill quest for the extra tiny bit of experience bonus AND THE GOLD as nobody will buy a non-legendary weapon, and it just keep taking longer and longer as the recipe you craft are level 41 and 42...

I think the 49 and every *9 quest didn't belong were it was put, with asking for recipe level *5 and *6 and the long hole until you get it, it is clear it should have been at level *7... 

Old 02-27-2008, 04:48 AM   #8
ke'la

Loremaster

The problem is if you make it start at lvl x7 instead of x9, it will only have craftables in it from 2 books(66 and 67), not 4 like it is with the current system, so you will accually be making more of the same iteam.

What they really should do is add a new writ every 2 levels as follows:

• x0 - uses the x0 book
  • x3 - uses the x1-x3 books(giving 3 books to work with)
  • x6 - uses the x4-x6 books(giving 3 books to work with)
  • x9 - uses the x7-x9 books(giving 3 books to work with)
  • Then start over at x0 again.

Correct me if I am wrong but right now it's x0, x4, and x9.

ke'la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:41 AM   #9
Ivan Kerensky

Loremaster

The problem is that currently it only use craftable of book 5 and 6 anyway...

And the previous quest craftable of book 1,2 and 3...

So craftable of book 7,8 and 9 are in no quest either currently or with the change...

Old 02-27-2008, 06:14 AM   #10
Oh

General

Ivan Kerensky wrote:

Well the problem is that you grind the same quest for 6 levels... exact same recipes for 6 levels... for less and less status and exp.

And it is broken because it make no sense, not because it isn't playable, doable.

I found it peculiarly aggravating for my weaponsmith and armorer as their mats are hard to get and costly, their recipes are few and far between... the last 2 levels 46 and 47 were really a chores, because I need to do the tradeskill quest for the extra tiny bit of experience bonus AND THE GOLD as nobody will buy a non-legendary weapon, and it just keep taking longer and longer as the recipe you craft are level 41 and 42...

I think the 49 and every *9 quest didn't belong were it was put, with asking for recipe level *5 and *6 and the long hole until you get it, it is clear it should have been at level *7... 

I completly understand about folks not wanting to buy your wears at certain levels, for a provisioner if it isn't x5 or x9 no one will really buy it even then considering the market well not much to be had. What i was saying thou, and i must have not said it is that i leveled both my sage and my provisioner on just writs (both level 80 so i've seen the gambit), the "exception" to this was when i made food for me, or when i had my sage make me spells. I did those grinds from the x4 to the x9 for many tiers and while it can be anoying it still only took 10-15 writs per level depending on level and on the amount of vitality. The amount of tradeskill xp you get more then makes up for the amount of times you have to do the same recipies over and over again.

Now would it be nice if they put in another level heck yea, there are many posts like this already. DO i personally think they need to, ehh it would be nice but there are other things for tradeskill folks that would be a better improvement imo. I mean take alook at how easy it is to level now compaired to having to wait 15minutes per each writ and having to only do combines to get skill levels or heck before when you had sub combines (shudder).. It is a ton better now then it use to be, and IMO i just don't really see a problem.

Ohh note, the xp stays the same the status drops thou, but by the time you hit 80 you will have around 3million stats just from doing writs..

Old 02-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #11
VolgaDark

Loremaster

I also don't see it as being a problem. Even in t-8 it only takes about ten writs per level (with vitality of course). So to go from 77 to 79 it's 20 writs at most. Twenty writs = no time at all.

Plus here is another way to look at it: people who are 80 till next level increase can at least make writs with the highest faction reward, kind of does make sense ... the highest level gets the highest faction writs. Since we don't have the option to turn off our exp the way adventurers do we have no choice but to level while doing writs and your proposal would mean that level 77 would earn more faction per writ then level 80.

VolgaDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #12
Terron

Loremaster

There is a need for an x9 writ to give you something to use up spare raws for that tier on.It is not like levelling a crafter by grinding writs is slow.More support for levelling by less boring means would be nice, particularly making products for sale.

Terron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #13
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Even if it seems a good idea, as a level 80 x4 crafter I cannot agree to this Idea. I helped my last guild to level to 80 doing mostly level 79 writs. Level 79 writs are awarding less status at level 80 than at level 79 but it's not a major loss. But if the writs were level 77 we would loose a huge part of our status gain. So I think that, at least for "max tier" the first idea is not a really good one.

The idea of 4 different writs is better of course SMILEY

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:14 AM   #14
Ivan Kerensky

Loremaster

So as all the opponent seems to be level 80 crafter, why keep the level 79th quest where it was and put all other *9 quest to*7. After all the 79th one is the last one so far it make sense being where it was.

So other ones make just the journey more boring...

Old 02-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #15
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

Except if/when the level capped is raised again, the lvl 79 writ would then have to be adopted to level 77 to be in line with the other writs.  Given the amount of work a new expansion and level cap are, I really don't want to make poor Domino also go back to fix the previous tier's writs to make sure some poor lvl 77 crafter doesn't get a writ for a level 78 recipe.And, um, yeah, about that.  My level 79 Woodworker writs include level 79 Woodworker recipes.  The War Pike (79) and the Koro Mis (7SMILEY both make regular appearances.  As does the Spirit Totem of the Goblin (79) and Redwood Pike (77).  Admittedly, you're still spending 5-6 levels making the same item over and over, but in T8, at least, the top-of-tier writs do include the top-of-tier recipes.  Sadly, I don't remember if the same was true in previous tiers or not.And count me in favor of adding another writ somewhere in the middle.  ^_^
Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #16
Calthine

ZAM EQII

ke'la wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong but right now it's x0, x4, and x9.

That is correct (http://eq2.allakhazam.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Writ_Guide).  I can't for the life of me remember why Dymus decided to do it that way.  I know when he escalated getting the TS writs into the game part of the problem was it was originally going to take 6 months or more, 3 levels of writs may have been for expediency (that's speculation on my part, I really can't recall).

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote