EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
Chrol

Developer

Hello everyone, and welcome to Terrors of Thalumbra beta!

Please post any bugs and/or feedback for the following dungeons (tier listing is the intended level of difficulty, where 1 is the least difficult):

Maldura: District of Ash [Heroic] – tier 1
Maldura: Algorithm For Destruction [Heroic] – tier 2

Maldura: Bar Brawl [Event Heroic] – tier 1
Maldura: Palace Foray [Event Heroic] – tier 2

Maldura: District of Ash [Advanced Solo]
Maldura: Algorithm For Destruction [Advanced Solo]
Maldura: Bar Brawl [Advanced Solo]
Note: Advanced Solo dungeons are all around tier 1

Maldura: District of Ash [Agnostic]
Maldura: Algorithm For Destruction [Agnostic]

The non-agnostic dungeons can be entered from various locations within the city of Maldura.

Also, please make sure you start your post with the name of the dungeon and the version (e.g. Heroic, Event Heroic, Advanced Solo).

Thanks for your time!

-Chrol
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:13 AM   #2
Ansom

Maldura: District of Ash, Advanced Solo

After the second named (the portal with bomb), i have hit a "a dead Dark Gears recon", and after the hit the little mob seems to call a healer. After this event an other little mob pop, "a Dark Gears medic", but seems block in a loop, in the stairs.
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:41 AM   #3
Chrol

Developer

Thanks Ansom. I'll take a look.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:44 AM   #4
Tabri

Algorithm advanced solo door is zoning us into the Bar Brawl advanced solo zone.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:15 AM   #5
Enoa

Maldura: District of Ash [Advanced Solo]

Troub + Klurron Merc
Awesome zone!
Loved the mechanics. Took some time to figure it out. Armor was at 20%
Last boss hit a bit hard, as did the little stone adds. Had to put all my scout tank gear on. Couldn't do it with quested (about 50% of my armor and jewelry) dps gear. Had to put on the few mitigation/max health peices i picked up with a shield and my tanky stuff i used for AOM raids.

Not sure I could have done it on a mage (unless CC is an option i guess). Merc healers need to be beefed up (or AI improved) or the boss needs to be toned down a bit.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #6
Elinea

Maldura: Algorithm For Destruction

It took some time to figure out the mechanics of the zone, and apparently while I learned it, some things that I'd looted early on vanished out of my inventory. Batteries, and empty phylacteries, specifically. Now that I'm close to figuring out the end guy, I can't pick up the crushed crystals or dark summoner blood because the phylacteries are gone, and there are no more in the zone. I would rather not have to zone out and reset to get the phylacteries again, so hopefully those can be made to last until the zone is complete.

The stuff I did figure out was pretty neat though, I like new and different mechanics rather just beating something over the head until it falls down.

Edit: It took me a while because I also spent time trying to figure out where the heck my potency disappeared to.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #7
Tipperton

Maldura: Algorithm for Destruction

Signature quest: Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders:
Obtain undertook sentry upgrade plans: They SHOULD be group updates in my opinion. They do REspawn, but it takes awhile & if running with a friend on same quest, it could be hours before both players get all updates.

Obtain Cabalbox Access Pin: Dialog does not indicate where or how to get it. The voice box says it was with X O robot spider thing, we killed it, no drop or update. Do we need to extract it off him while he is alive?

Pet the Puppy quest:
Find bowl of Water > give to Puppy Shuck > Locate his master > Outside Maldura near the Forge > Speak with Bhardain
WHERE is Bhardain??

Kralet Penumbra: Rise to Power - Adv. Solo
Kill the Listener
Mute the speaker
Have completed this dungeon TWICE - NO UPDATES.

Adv. Solo's are a work in progress, but some of the Mobs, not necessarily the nameds, but the aggressors, have the ability to 1 shot you, dot you, unable to cure as a healer when stun locked, then die. Some of the nameds in the Penumbra adv. solo's also have a TON of health, took me 35 min to kill 1 named as an Inquisitor with a tank merc. Usually the merc will die on all the other "normal" mobs in the zone, but would survive the boss fights, just takes forever to kill them. There are still some ^^^ heroics in the adv. Solo's Penumbra as well who have the Mitigation/Ward buff that takes awhile for them to lose, IF you manage to get them to lose it at all.

Will keep returning as I find anything else that I question.

Gninja, Chrol, Kaitheel, & all the rest have been very very helpful throughout the days thus far & would like to extend my thanks & Gratitude to the entire Dev department for working so hard & diligently to get us the content & fixes as we find them.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:38 PM   #8
Bloodguts

Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders

Cabalbox doesn't drop from killing the X O Spider boss. Unable to continue the quest.

Defensive Measures:

Zoned out to repair, zoned back in and didn't have the phylacteries anymore in my bags. Unable to continue the quest and spawn the boss after Stonerend. Quest is asking me to gather the crushed crystal shards into the phylacteries, but don't have them.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #9
Chrol

Developer

The batteries should only be for a specific boss encounter, and disappear after defeating said boss. Then there's a separate battery that drops off a boss used to obtain the crystals you need to crush.

As for the phylacteries, those should stay with you. I'll get that fixed. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:10 PM   #10
Chrol

Developer

That will be fixed. Thanks. As for the rest of your Kralet Penumbra feedback, please post that in the appropriate forum here.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #11
Bloodguts

What about the cabalbox?

Are we missing something that we're not doing to get it to drop from the spider boss? Or is that just simply not working atm?

I'm currently waiting for the zone to be reset so i can run it again and try to get the cabalbox.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #12
Chrol

Developer

Not sure about the cabalbox. If that's for the the sig quest or a Thalumbra quest you might want to post in those threads.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:43 PM   #13
Bloodguts

That is for the signature quest. The name of the quest is Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders. Need to gather 12 undertok sentry upgrade plans, those are the papers on the floor around the zone. 8 undertok sentry upgrade parts, you get those from the normal spider trash there. and the Cabalbox access pin, and that's supposed to come from the X O Spider boss.

Killed the spider boss, but nothing dropped.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:52 PM   #14
Jakaan

I was exploring places I can climb and dropped off a small ledge and am now floating and unable to move. loc: 64.77, 37.57, 119.93 I ended up having to do a call to home to escape. This is by the guy behind the force field.. and the force field was still up.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:47 PM   #15
Chrol

Developer

It's supposed to check your progression, Elinea, when you enter the zone, and give you whatever it is you need to progress. If not, it's broken.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #16
Uncle

zone overall not bad until I got to Black bolt himself

where to begin on this encounter
pulled it ten time using various set ups
same thing kept happening
KB with dark screen (this needs to be just a KB or just a dark screen not both)
name ports 50 meters away and cause dark reach to start ticking for 240k damage which doesnit seem bad until you get to the named to get hit for 190k a sec with shock bolt and it 120k zap autoattack in between.

all this inc damage on top of trying to run to a portal to click on it to get back in range of the named is a lil too much for a scout like myself. other arch types it'll be easier to accomplish on.

Over all this encounter reminds me of the last named in Highkeep in AoM with all silly mechanic that is not met will own you in 20 sec or less

unclebrig
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:24 PM   #17
Elinea

On the third/fourth? try, I killed the XO spider without letting him get a single add spawned, so there were no batteries to loot. I noticed in previous tries, the adds would have a body loot and I'd get a message that there were no items I could loot. There was also a small chest from each add (I assume that's where I got the battery) and after I looted it, every other chest said I could only have one. Regardless, if the batteries from the adds were to check progression, and I killed the name without spawning any adds, how would a progression check go? Or would it be not necessary since I killed it fast?
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:42 PM   #18
Dtrick

In Maldura AoD after you kill black bolt, you can activate all but one of the sentries. It seems like the last one is stuck in a pillar.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:46 PM   #19
Chrol

Developer

Those batteries off the spider boss add are only used against that boss. You don't need them anywhere else.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:33 PM   #20
Enoa

Troub/Kluuron merc
Not sure it's doable with a merc lol. He dies very early.
All but last named is ez.
Last named has a few bugs.
KB can be used to advantage. (i think that's part of script)
Damage is too much from his ranged dot. I had to take bagpipes solo, and death prevent to make any progress.
Portals bug out. Seems like if you push him over the portal wont spawn but he will port to the pedestal and there is no way to get to him. Happened on >1/3 of pulls. He should maybe go immune when he ports to cast his portal. Just have to eat a death and try again it seems. It is very hard not to push him over.

Also no cabalbox access pin update on spider.
One 'a disabled undertok sentry' was stuck in the torch at bottom of stairs outside waterworks area. (not sure if there is a quest for it or acheivement but if there is it's uncompleteable

Almost gave up. Decided to fraps one pull to document no portal spawning but then actually killed him that pull.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:48 PM   #21
Foretold

Is there a point to reactivating the guards? I didn't find or receive any quest to do such...

Algorhythm, Advanced Solo
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:00 AM   #22
Alphonsus

Too much DPS just breaks his script. Ports away, no portal to get to him, etc, etc.
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:36 AM   #23
Zedd

Maldura
Quest: Pet the Puppy
Found Bhardain.. He is dead and can't advance the quest
(well he says stuff laying there when you hail him)
Old 10-25-2015, 12:44 AM   #24
Enoa

Did zone again with a few more quested gear pieces. Much easier. Snare ftw. Also had the dog this time. 50% snare from him was very helpful for last boss. Take back my suggestion to nerf the damage.

Zone was the advanced solo quest today. 'kill the evil protege' did not update leaving daily quest uncompleted.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:47 AM   #25
Alphonsus

Managed to click and activate that last one as well, doesn't do anything.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:04 AM   #26
Foretold

I just executed a 180 increment FC chain to his face and he was dead. So WAY too much DPS does work... BigGrin
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 01:07 AM   #27
Alphonsus

Not everyone is as super awesome as you. Still doesn't change the fact that too much dps can get him past a few porting stages causing him to port away with no portal up to get to him.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:41 AM   #28
Cleitus

Maldura: Algorithm for Destruction.

Very close to killing Black Bolt on a Dirge in ToT quest gear and defensive/ HP AA spec. It's really frustrating when you see the portal you need just vaporize in front of you and he teleports off to the pedestal behind the forcefield. Nothing you can do at that point except die and try again. Script really needs to be smoothed out. It's an interesting fight, but even in quest gear i'm able to burn through script checks way too easy. I've tried slowing down but even then it's kind of a crap shoot whether the portal will be accessible. Also, the new Glaufaye Merc pretty much vaporizes 10 seconds into pull, so not really even worth putting a merc up.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:43 AM   #29
Chrol

Developer

Thanks for the feedback on Black Bolt. I'll fix his porting issues. Also his and probably all the other bosses in Maldura will need some HP adjustments.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:38 AM   #30
Marranda

Went into do the sig quest, with a friend, nice graphics, and like the zone and quest. However the pages need to be group updates, since there were only 8 spawned and the quest requires 12 total. I had to wait for them to respawn to finish the 12 needed. The spider did not drop the pin, which is what the clue says. The last mob Ported us across the zone and to our deaths, lol fun but not sure that is how it was meant to be. So sadly cant continue with the sig quest due to no pin for the update. So guess we are stuck on sig line for now.