EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Conjuror
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
gatrm

Loremaster

Bauglir, if you are struggling to put out 30k, there's something wrong, and it's not the class.  One big thing you really need to do is practice on a training dummy until you have worked out a decent spell rotation for yourself.  ALL CLASSES IN THIS GAME ARE RELIANT ON HAVING THE RIGHT BUFFS TO PARSE WELL.  Not only a conjuror. 

All other things being equal (gear, player skill, AA, spell quality), conjurors have equivilent abilty to dps as wizards, warlocks, assassins, rangers.  If your gear, AA, and spell quality is equivalent to the others you refer to then you need to look at yourself. 

Use ACT while working on a series of epic training dummies.  Use your standard rotation on the first, then change up a bit on each subsequent dummy until you get a nice size increase to your dps, then try out the new rotation in a group.  A specific rotation may not even be necessary.  Examine each of your abilities, getting a feel for cast speed and reuse.  Be in range to use your pbaoe, heck, use autoattack for extra free dps. 

Don't bother using the swarm pets because they die too easily, take too long to cast, and don't do enough damage to be useful, besides with decent reuse, you'll always have something better you can cast. 

Don't wait for your DoTs to runout, recast them. Cast the fast casting stuff before you cast the long cast stuff, the reuse should be back up by the time you finish the quick cast...I'm thinking primarily of crystal blast and your st fire dot, but can't think of name of that one....(I don't play a conj at cap, but a lot of this is general information that should help you if you are having problems).

Macro your pet attack to one of your attack spells that you use frequently, to ensure that it is attacking.  Tell it to cast at range, rather than allowing it to go in and melee.  Make certain you are using your mage pet.

gatrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #32
Jiraiya-of-Aphadrim

Defender

gatrm wrote:

Bauglir, if you are struggling to put out 30k, there's something wrong, and it's not the class.  One big thing you really need to do is practice on a training dummy until you have worked out a decent spell rotation for yourself.  ALL CLASSES IN THIS GAME ARE RELIANT ON HAVING THE RIGHT BUFFS TO PARSE WELL.  Not only a conjuror. 

correct

All other things being equal (gear, player skill, AA, spell quality), conjurors have equivilent abilty to dps as wizards, warlocks, assassins, rangers.  If your gear, AA, and spell quality is equivalent to the others you refer to then you need to look at yourself. 

correct, though there are of course differences, some fights you will shine, other fights other classes, especially encounters where not everything is linked are a little problematic for us, since we don't have much AoE damage. On the other hand we are really good at ranged fights, other classes are losing more damage (same problematic as with open AE fights). On encounter fights you should be 1 or maybe 2. after warlock. Single target it's a tough fight between conji, assa, wizzy and maybe ranger.

Use ACT while working on a series of epic training dummies.  Use your standard rotation on the first, then change up a bit on each subsequent dummy until you get a nice size increase to your dps, then try out the new rotation in a group.  A specific rotation may not even be necessary.  Examine each of your abilities, getting a feel for cast speed and reuse.  Be in range to use your pbaoe, heck, use autoattack for extra free dps. 

There's a better way, scroll down

Don't bother using the swarm pets because they die too easily, take too long to cast, and don't do enough damage to be useful, besides with decent reuse, you'll always have something better you can cast. 

correct, also communion is buggy, it cancels the raid wide buff from the pet.

Don't wait for your DoTs to runout, recast them. Cast the fast casting stuff before you cast the long cast stuff, the reuse should be back up by the time you finish the quick cast...I'm thinking primarily of crystal blast and your st fire dot, but can't think of name of that one....(I don't play a conj at cap, but a lot of this is general information that should help you if you are having problems).

partly right, quicker cast is not always better and for winds of velious it's better to let it run it's full duration. Refreshing Vampire Bats makes no sense but Fiery Anhiliation should be casted whenever it is up because of the high initial hit. For more scroll down.

Macro your pet attack to one of your attack spells that you use frequently, to ensure that it is attacking.  Tell it to cast at range, rather than allowing it to go in and melee.  Make certain you are using your mage pet.

I mapped keys to to pet attack and pet backoff, more control this way which is sometimes needed. There are fights with damage stops or if you have to use bubble to keep the pet alive, you don't want it to attack in the wrong moment. You have to train yourself a little to press the button again each time there is a new enemy but after some time that becomes natural. My thump is doing it without me thinking about it .

If you want to find out the best casting order for you, you have to do the math.

Damage Value (DV)=Spell Damage/(cast time + recovery)

Do that for all your spells, for spells where it is a little hard to find out, for example Elemental Unity, have look at some parses where you run it's full duration. Example. Crystal Blast does 5000 spell damage in your discription and is doing 25000 in a parse. Elemantal Unity is doing 100000 in the same parse, you can take around 20000 for the spell damage. It's not exact but you only need to know where it will stand in the spell value list.

When you have DVs for all your spells, sort them, beginning with the highest (should be Elemental Blast). Cast your spells in that order. But it's not that easy, some things to take into account. Some spells can be cast pre fight, during pull. Blazing Avatar, Plane Shift, Elemantal Unity, Elemantal Toxi... those are the first spells you cast. Elemental Blast should be timed with time warp. Debuffs should always be castet at the beginning of a fight (for us that is only Vampire Bats).

Some other things, make a seperate casting order for AE fights, Icestorm is the worst spell for single target but nice against AE encounters, especially with ET running. Winds of Velious takes some time to do it's damage, so should be castet pretty early, if DVs are relatively similar, prefer spells with a short cast time because of all those 100% procs. If you don't have enough recast and run out of spells during fight, move crystal blast up in the casting order. It has a quite bad DV and cast time of 1 sec is relatively long but better casting it than nothing.

If you have taken all that into account, and got your casting order, place them in that order in your hot bars. I did it starting from left to right and since 1 hotbar is not enough, from up to down. In a fight always cast the left and up most that is not on cooldown. And make a different hotbar for ae fights.

As I said already, Elemental Blast is special, you want to cast it with Time Warp, in fights with big add waves, you want to spare Elemental Unity and Et  and maybe ae spells until they spawn.

I did a similar post for my guild and it really helped some of our dds a great deal, if I missed something/if you have other ideas would love to hear them.

Edit: And nearly forgot the most importing thing. You have to learn to keep your pet alive. It takes some work but I haven't encountered a mob yet where it's not possible and we are working on drunder HM encounters. So if your pet is always dying, your doing something wrong, time aes, learn to use your pet protection spells in the right moment. There are already several postings to the problem in the forums.

Nothing costs more damage than standing 5 secs around casting a pet (and possibly getting interrupted doing that).

Jiraiya-of-Aphadrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #33
Mohee

Lord

Don't forget the Conjuror class has other utility abilities that Wiz/Warlocks dont have!

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #34
Bauglir

Loremaster

Well.  I still happen to think conj dps is not as reliable as melee, wizard, or warlock.  We need timewarp plus 1 end AA spell to compete with other classes that do better dps even then with less aa and gear?  insane.

Our utility really is NOT appreciated.

Bauglir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #35
Jiraiya-of-Aphadrim

Defender

sorcerers need an illu nearly as much as we do and their endline (most probaly take sanguine sacrifice) also gives them quite a boost. And from what i read/heard/experienced classes are farely balanced. Like for all classes it depends on the group/raid you are in and the mob you are fighting but conji has good chances to lead the parse.

And for our utility. That discussion has been going on for quite a while but I like what we have. 5,4% hp and pot and some miti for the WHOLE raid, what raidleader would want to miss that? 5 pot for the group, Et does amazing damage against groups and the deaggro component helps keeping those warlocks and wizzys alive. With stoneskins you can block ae dots and manadrains for your group, really impressed my group agaisnt hragdold. Up to nearly 1000 miti and groupstoneskin proc we help keeping group alive, especially usefull if you have a tank in group. Thanks to stoneskin and cabalist's cover we don't die so easily. And we have some nice resi debuffs. Mana shards and call of the hero also have their uses.

That's more than a sorcerer has...

I'm not saying the class is perfect, there are some issues that could need fixing (swarm pets, communion bug, pet survivabilty, soulburn+ps...) but conji is a really nice class and has as much right to be in a raid than a wizzy or warlock, maybe even more.

But if you don't believe us and want to blame it on the class...

Jiraiya-of-Aphadrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #36
Lempo

Loremaster

gatrm wrote:

He was advised very early in the thread to practice on some training dummies, he just can't be bothered with such trivial matters.

Eactly the Conjy in our raid is right there in the top pretty much every parse, right there with the classes you just listed.

Again he isn't going to use ACT or work on training dummies because apparently he can't be bothered.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #37
Lempo

Loremaster

Bauglir wrote:

Well.  I still happen to think conj dps is not as reliable as melee, wizard, or warlock.  We need timewarp plus 1 end AA spell to compete with other classes that do better dps even then with less aa and gear?  insane.

You have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about, you really don't. I see it on a regular basis, and I know you relly don't care too much for me on the forums, but that has nothing to do with the fact that I see it regularly and you have other conjys in here, one of them in one of the top WW guilds telling you differently.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #38
Bauglir

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Bauglir wrote:

You have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about, you really don't. I see it on a regular basis, and I know you relly don't care too much for me on the forums, but that has nothing to do with the fact that I see it regularly and you have other conjys in here, one of them in one of the top WW guilds telling you differently.

I have been to the training dummies...  Can't seem to break 40k dps.  Yes I have ET 2.0.. just missing manaburn.

Honestly I don't care if you and others think I do not have a clue.  I know I do.. and I know what I am seeing.

Basiclly Conjuror Class = More dependant upon other classes buffs, gear, and high AA skills to be competitive with their fellow classes.

I get it. 

Hopefully this helps returnign players that might be on the fence in regards to a class choice.

I'm too busy to be bothered leveling up something else beyond my SK alt but its nice to be able to help people avoid wasting their time on this class.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #39
Banditman

Loremaster

The sooner you get another class leveled up the sooner you'll figure out that what you have here is a classic PEBCAK.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #40
Lempo

Loremaster

Bauglir wrote:

I have been to the training dummies...  Can't seem to break 40k dps.  Yes I have ET 2.0.. just missing manaburn.

How many hours have you spent on the training dummies?

Honestly I don't care if you and others think I do not have a clue.  I know I do.. and I know what I am seeing.

I don't know whether you have a clue or not, I do know based of what you have provided that you do not have a clue how to play the Conjy decently, much less optimally.

Basiclly Conjuror Class = More dependant upon other classes buffs, gear, and high AA skills to be competitive with their fellow classes.

You haven't played other classes at end game so this is just a SWAG and it is not the least bit accurate.

I get it. 

No you don't.

Hopefully this helps returnign players that might be on the fence in regards to a class choice.

Nothing that you say would be of help to any player as far as class choice goes.

I'm too busy to be bothered leveling up something else beyond my SK alt but its nice to be able to help people avoid wasting their time on this class.

Well when you find the time bump this thread so we can keep an eye on whateer forum for your failures there.

As Banditman said PEBCAK, or PEBKAC whichever way, I think most of the posters and people reading this thread know which of you two is right.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #41
leannel

Loremaster

Bauglir wrote:

This is BS.  I've played a conjie since late 2004 through all the ups and downs of the class, and learned a lot along the way from playing and reading the forums.  Good dps does not happen overnight it also takes practice, and being able to adjust and make quick decisions based on the zone and mob you are fighting.   No matter how many AA I've had at any given time I've never been at the bottom of the parse and kept up with other dps classes.  The reliability of the conjuror's dps is often a reflection of the player.  If my parse sucks, it's usually my fault.  Keep playing, you'll only improve with time and learning.

leannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #42
Lempo

Loremaster

OP, I can personally vouch that Leanne has absolutely no problem being at or near the top of the parse, usually in slot 2,3 or 4 because there is an absolute beast warlock that pretty much owns #1.

The only thing that she left out was attitude, and your attitude says you can't and you are right, if you tell yourself that enough you'll actually believe it and will not be able to.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #43
Bauglir

Loremaster

Its simply too gear dependent or maybe the skills/spells are less powerful for this class?

I played a Magician in eq1 for just over 4 years.  I have about 1.2 years of consistant play with my conj.  So, compared to many of you I am just startign out.

Despite this, I'm seeing a massive DPS delta and this seems to be on par for all conj's in my gear and AA range compared to their "other class" peers.

I might be splitting hairs but generally I see scouts, wizards, and Sks doing about 20% more dps.  All similar gear and AA numbers.

Oh and yeah I spent about an hour at the tranning dummies.. go ahead tell me I need to go there daily.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #44
Filly67

Loremaster

OP, I know you're sick of hearing this but you are just wrong.  I am in a very basic raid guild and am in em gear.  I never have an illy or a troub because we don't have any right now.  I am still hitting between 80-100k regularly and have at least a few fights that I am hitting if not maintaining 120-130K.  I am not an elite player and struggled with this toon in the beginning.  I asked for and more importantly took advice.  My AAs were not where they needed to be although I had 300 at the time.  My spells were all mastered.  That stuff is just the very begining.  You need to find a casting order that works for you and people to help you.  There is no reason to be stuck at your numbers.  My conj does make a difference in raid.  She is mostly in the top three for over all raid and most often in the top 5.  The other mages can't beat her because they too are missing the illy and troubie love.  It's the ranger and sin that beat me.  I can live with that. 

Old 01-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #45
Bauglir

Loremaster

Filly67 wrote:

OP, I know you're sick of hearing this but you are just wrong.  I am in a very basic raid guild and am in em gear.  I never have an illy or a troub because we don't have any right now.  I am still hitting between 80-100k regularly and have at least a few fights that I am hitting if not maintaining 120-130K.  I am not an elite player and struggled with this toon in the beginning.  I asked for and more importantly took advice.  My AAs were not where they needed to be although I had 300 at the time.  My spells were all mastered.  That stuff is just the very begining.  You need to find a casting order that works for you and people to help you.  There is no reason to be stuck at your numbers.  My conj does make a difference in raid.  She is mostly in the top three for over all raid and most often in the top 5.  The other mages can't beat her because they too are missing the illy and troubie love.  It's the ranger and sin that beat me.  I can live with that. 

Well, I wish I could post the parsings, I can't.  Would have to change everyones name and that takes too long.

Its not just me.

Like I said.. "overly gear dependent"

Maybe your in full/partial raid gear?  Again I am talking about the poor saps like me who are in low end rygorr.. comparing them to other classes in the same situation and realizing other classes are doing more damage.

I know this is upsettting to all of you.  I also know its meaningless to people like you who are beyond kael.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #46
Banditman

Loremaster

*sigh*

If you are being beat, you are being beat by BETTER PLAYERS.  It happens.

You may note that you have not managed to find one person who will agree with your assessment.  Perhaps that might tell you something?

Old 01-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #47
Bauglir

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:

*sigh*

You may note that you have not managed to find one person who will agree with your assessment.  Perhaps that might tell you something?

I would agree if it was not for the fact I am comparing my parsings to those of an equally geared Neco and 2 Conjs.  All of us are thinking we made a mistake wasting so much time.  None of us were PLed, we leveled the old fashioned way and learned our class. 

Are you saying that all 4 of us are just horrible players and that is why comparably geared Scouts, Sks, Wizards, and Warlocks are doing 25 - 50% more damage in both groups and raids?

Again, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT RYGORR LEVEL GEAR WITH CM ADORNS AND JEWERLY (SOME FABLED) FROM 6 MAN DOV INSTANCES.  This is a far cry down from your gear but its the steping stone we need to get to where you are.  We are talkign about raids in lower dov.

Hell, I only have 152 CM and 240 CC now.. I can do lower DoV raids and groups.. thats it.  And in those places me and others in similar gear and class are getting beat by similar geared scouts, wizards, and warlocks.  Sure maybe its great at the top top end.

I realize that compared to you we are just the low-class entry level (if that) summoners that really don't matter.  I get that.  Its drilled into me daily by other players and I'm ok with that.  I get it.

My point is that, right now, in order to get the gear you have and experience the content you are in me and my peers need to convince raid leaders to give us a shot.  Hard to do that when they can get a Scout, Wizard, or Warlock to do better ranged damage.  Its also hard to get a plain old group for the hell of it if they can fill the spot with another melee.. like oh a SK...abd get a better result.

Been on a dozen raids so far, some with guild some pickup and all of them I parsed like crap.  I came here along the journey to get some advice.  I was looking for a rotation..

I use macros, I get my pet in there, I keep him alive, I have tried numerous rotations and now wasted over 6 or so hours on training dummies.  No luck.  Best I can do is just about break 36k.

I honestly and truly do not think its me, nor do I believe its my in-game pals who also play summonor/conj. 

I think Conj's don't measure up until they get raid gear.  There's a massive gap between where you are and I am that other classes just don't seem to have at my level.

/shurg.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #48
Lempo

Loremaster

Bauglir wrote:

Banditman wrote:

*sigh*

I would agree if it was not for the fact I am comparing my parsings to those of an equally geared Neco and 2 Conjs.  All of us are thinking we made a mistake wasting so much time.  None of us were PLed, we leveled the old fashioned way and learned our class. 

Do you not think that Banditman is equally geared in relation to the other players in his raids? My Warlock, the other warlocks and Leanne that I raid with are geared equally too, none of us are seeing what you are stating.

Are you saying that all 4 of us are just horrible players and that is why comparably geared Scouts, Sks, Wizards, and Warlocks are doing 25 - 50% more damage in both groups and raids?

None of us have actually said you are all 4 horrible players, your testimony here though seems to be saying that none of you can play your classes as well as the other players play thiers.

Again, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT RYGORR LEVEL GEAR WITH CM ADORNS AND JEWERLY (SOME FABLED) FROM 6 MAN DOV INSTANCES.  This is a far cry down from your gear but its the steping stone we need to get to where you are.  We are talkign about raids in lower dov.

It doesn't matter what the gear is as long as you are comparing apples to apples, if the Primary Stat, Crit Chance, Potency, Crit bonus, reuse and cast speed are all on par with each other then regardless of the content you should still have similar percentages of differences in your parses.

Hell, I only have 152 CM and 240 CC now.. I can do lower DoV raids and groups.. thats it.  And in those places me and others in similar gear and class are getting beat by similar geared scouts, wizards, and warlocks.  Sure maybe its great at the top top end.

You keep on using phrases like "It is great at the top end", "A far cry from your gear" etc it only emphasizes your refusal to look at it from any other viewpoint.

I realize that compared to you we are just the low-class entry level (if that) summoners that really don't matter.  I get that.  Its drilled into me daily by other players and I'm ok with that.  I get it.

If you have gathered that from this thread then that is a big part of your problem and the only person that can fix that is you.

My point is that, right now, in order to get the gear you have and experience the content you are in me and my peers need to convince raid leaders to give us a shot.  Hard to do that when they can get a Scout, Wizard, or Warlock to do better ranged damage.  Its also hard to get a plain old group for the hell of it if they can fill the spot with another melee.. like oh a SK...abd get a better result.

Your point is invalid, we had to do the same content you are doing to get to the point to do the content we are doing now.

Been on a dozen raids so far, some with guild some pickup and all of them I parsed like crap.  I came here along the journey to get some advice.  I was looking for a rotation..

I know you are going to take this the wrong way, but a dozen raids? That is worse than when you said "I spent almost an hour on the training dummies"

I use macros, I get my pet in there, I keep him alive, I have tried numerous rotations and now wasted over 6 or so hours on training dummies.  No luck.  Best I can do is just about break 36k.

I honestly and truly do not think its me, nor do I believe its my in-game pals who also play summonor/conj. 

I tend to think that Banditman and Leanne know what they are talking about, I've seen enough necro/conjy raid parses to know they can more than hold their own.

I think Conj's don't measure up until they get raid gear.  There's a massive gap between where you are and I am that other classes just don't seem to have at my level.

So you are saying that a warlock/wizzy/ranger/sin in Ry'Gorr would be able to parse just as good as a conjy with raid gear?

/shurg.

That's the spirit!  

Old 01-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #49
Mohee

Lord

I love my conj

I just wish my scout pet DPS was on par with the mage pet.

VARIETY! The spice of life that has been gone for so long...

*sniff sniff* 

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #50
Remeo
Server: Befallen
Guild: Crimson Rage

Loremaster

Has hit rate been discussed yet? Maybe they are being resisted alot.

Just a thought.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #51
Bauglir

Loremaster

"So you are saying that a warlock/wizzy/ranger/sin in Ry'Gorr would be able to parse just as good as a conjy with raid gear?"

NO I am saying that they would parse more then the conj in rygorr...a lot more.. enough to be game breaking (for the conj), I have proof I believe.

And.... if I actually get some raid gear one day....I am certain I will find that they execute DPS with rather less effort then I.. and likely still do better on the parsings.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #52
Banditman

Loremaster

I can safely say that Scouts put in just as much effort to attain their DPS as you do.  Probably more.

Where do you stand when you DPS?  Oh, right, just somewhere in the general vicinity.  If you're REALLY concerned about squeezing every drop of DPS you want to stand within 10m of the mob to get Earthquake and Detonation to hit.

Scouts?  They *must* be behind the mob.  They can't even begin effective DPS action until they are.  Many, many of their attacks DEMAND that location before they will even fire.  In an AE fight, where the opponents all spread out in a semi circle around the tank, Scouts have to readjust their position after each member of the encounter dies.  Casters?  Nah.  We just keep nuking.

I have ten characters at L90 / 320 AA.  Three Mages, three Priests, two Scouts, two Fighters.

Yes, Zealchu (my Conjuror) is at the upper end of the game in terms of equipment.  However, I can assure you that the same is not true of all my characters.  Most of them are in RyGorr gear, some of them still wear some old SF crap.  I experience the game at all levels of gearing.

My Dirge regularly manages to out-DPS similarly geared Roges and Predators.  Why?  Because I understand the game.  Not because I have any sort of inate advantage over those classes, but because I have over 7 years of experience playing the game.  I get the intracies of the game at a very basic level and apply them without really even thinking about it.

An hour on a training dummy?  Really?  This is your dedication to improvement?  Really?  My characters spend DAYS at it.  Trying different AA specs, different weapon combinations, different spell combinations.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who does it.  With Reforging, you have even MORE things to try.

You really want help?  Ok, I'll bite.  You post me a FULL DPS breakdwon of a merged parse of 10 epic training dummies and I'll compare it to what Zealchu gets.  Oh, I know, you won't parse what Zeal does, that's hardly the point.  But by looking at the breakdown of the abilities and where they fall in the parse you can learn a lot about what is working and what isn't.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #53
Lempo

Loremaster

I think you took a bad bite there Banditman he has moved on to SacDaddy's Wizzy thread, pleading his case there.

Pretty nice of you to offer to anyalyze his parse and try to help him out some, but it is abundantly clear that he is not on a mission to improve himself.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #54
Bauglir

Loremaster

He will get a parse.

I am pretty sure I will end up with teasing a ridicule however.  Despite this I will still provide a parse.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #55
Lempo

Loremaster

I do not know Banditman outside of the forums. I can say with certainty that he is not asking for a parse to ridicule you.

I'm pretty sure that if you follow whatever advice he gives it will improve you, because despite the fact that you don't believe it Conjys are not in the shape you claim them to be in.