EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2015, 08:38 PM   #61
Buco

I believe the quest is "US: Eyes of Ironshadow". It's the second Advanced Solo zone for the signature quest line where you have to find 12 maps in the zone as first quest step. But for me and othe guild mates there where only 11 map pieces even after searching for an hour, because of the 90min lockout timer.
Buco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #62
Alienor

For US: Eyes of the Ironshadow I can only guess I am supposed to kill Gavitzle. Problem is, the merc is useless and gets ripped apart in seconds and I cannot compensate the damage by necro self heal. 80% was best I could manage with beta buffed toon in quested gear. I do not want to try this with my coercer...
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #63
Kaitheel

Developer

It shouldn't be that elusive, Tipperton. I'll check it out.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #64
Sintropy

You promise No more bleeding eyes? YAY!
Old 10-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #65
q-ruf

had no problem doing the zone in quested gear on a beta buffed sk and monk.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:31 PM   #66
Marranda

Kralet Penumbra: Temple of the Ill-Seen advanced solo is bugged the last brazer will not light, went thru the entire zone. Killed everything but cant light the east brazer. It is not clickable.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:37 PM   #67
Tipperton

Marranda,

There is a ball in the water that you need to get to click the second brazier.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:19 PM   #68
Tipperton

Still waiting for Screwdriver....might go make one & drink it while I wait....Anyway...cleared Temple of Ill again, no drop update & don't see the screwdriver anywhere. Perhaps Kaitheel is having better luck than I.

The mercs are almost useless, they get agro & 1 shotted by the boss mobs, even some trash mobs haha. I personally do not use any of the mercs as I have no problem soloing all the adv solo's so far. I am usually on my Ranger, so not a tank & not a healer, yet manage to survive just fine. The biggest thing is to learn the strategy for each boss fight, once you figure them out, it gets easier.
Gavitzle is all about strategy. Tip: Once fight starts & adds are dead, he spawns a bomb...run to boss so it attaches to the cube, then run away - DPS from range or heal up. Rinse & repeat until able to kill the Cube.

Have questions, don't hesitate to ask in either General chat, or ask me, I may help if I am not busy drinking screwdrivers all night. I can usually be found on Kreox - Ranger.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #69
Amaitae

screwdriver dropped from the heroic zone boss.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:43 PM   #70
Amaitae

also after returning to the moth queen , there is no dialogue. quest text says I have to return to queen in maldura.

current zone says: Maldura: Unveiled Palace
Old 10-28-2015, 10:45 PM   #71
Tipperton

That's fine that it drops from the heroic boss, but for casual gamers, I would think it would be available for the solo players as well. Not everyone has time to run heroics, LFG forever to get one, seems like such a waste of time & effort.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:47 PM   #72
Sintropy

So that is the Event Heroic at the steam/gear part at the palace foyer in Maldura on the way up to the eternal queen.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:49 PM   #73
Amaitae

ty, thats it
Old 10-28-2015, 10:51 PM   #74
Sintropy

You're welcome. So wish I could get in game right now to try for it too... Frown
Old 10-28-2015, 10:57 PM   #75
Tipperton

well, Hurry up & get in game Sin! We will pug a healer & 3 man the heroic! But you better hold agro when I unleash the ranger!
Old 10-28-2015, 11:01 PM   #76
Sintropy

I would if I could ever actually get a character in. At the moment, I can't even sign in to the launcher or get in by running the Everqest2.exe directly Frown. So, if you're in, don't camp to character select or you're not getting back in.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:03 PM   #77
Amaitae

had no problems in "Maldura: Unveiled Palace" as mage. not sure how melee classes will perform
Old 10-28-2015, 11:49 PM   #78
Kaitheel

Developer

Well then! Now we know what the issue is. Thank you, Amaitae! It should also be on the solo version, so I'll fix that.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #79
Kaitheel

Developer

You'll find the Unveiled Palace is another zone. It is an instance of the palace. The entrance is the gate controls just outside the palace in Maldura. A couple guards should be trying to yell at you to use it as ypu run by.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-28-2015, 11:55 PM   #80
Kaitheel

Developer

... Oh, good, you did find it!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-29-2015, 12:43 AM   #81
dngrmse

Coil spring conductors? They're in. I completed that step earlier.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:19 AM   #82
Lillim

still no screwdriver tried the zone 3mins ago

prelumbra solo inni temple quest step find the screwdriver
Old 10-29-2015, 01:31 AM   #83
Fozziex

Sig quest is completable, nice questline not annoying like last 3 or so expacs, nice work Devs one I finally enjoyed Smile
Old 10-29-2015, 01:46 AM   #84
Lillim

you did the heoric or solo version for the screwdriver?
Old 10-29-2015, 04:33 AM   #85
Uncle

the screw driver was found in the heroic version should be patched to adv solo last i read
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 05:32 AM   #86
Retrebution

So I just received the quest mount, great quest line btw. My question, is there anything more? I assume that was the end of the line, or is there another quest I am missing that continues the pursuit of the third shard?
Old 10-29-2015, 08:12 AM   #87
Fozziex

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Underdepths_Saga:_Gears_of_the_City
Old 10-29-2015, 08:19 AM   #88
Zuicidal

Thanks Fozziex!
Zuicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:05 AM   #89
Alienor

I am aware of the strategy for Gavitzle. I am just saying that as a squishy I am having a hard time with the minions which are killing the pet (or me; I could swear that they are even CC immune), LoS because Gavitzle is porting all around and there are many objects standing around, the stupid adds and the one single heal I have which does not compensate the dmg.I guess my monk will do better, because I have in general less health issue with him than with the nec during such fights in other expacs. But for my squishies this is a roadblock. This is what I am feedbacking.

I know that these instances should last for a year (or at least a half), and our toons will improve by then. But in ToV it was at least possible to bring a merc with you if you are not that "advanced" yet to solo the AS.
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:32 AM   #90
Hdizzleh

Underdepths Saga: Into Darkness - After completing this quest and turning it into Zeen Corblekeg, I said i gained 176,000 tithe. However, the final message said i now had 82,271/125,000 tithe. Appears to be a miss calculation error or an incorrect amount of tithe.

Playing on Malakyae, good character