EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2015, 10:40 PM   #61
Elinea

Quest: Eggcelent Population
I do believe I've found the eggs in the streams around Luminous Steppes. However, they are not clickable. They look like little spiky green things in the water, usually near some scum leeches. Are these the right things to be clicking on? If not, I've found no evidence of anything else that would fit the description of an egg, and these things cannot be interacted with.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #62
Bloodguts

Goals in the Shoals:

The quest asks you to obtain 12 soul bleeder bones. It's categorized as a solo quest.

The only soul bleeders that i have been able to find are located in the Dark Shoals and they are all Heroic ^^^. The only solo Soul Bleeder is located near the Dark Shoals and once you kill it, it takes forever to respawn.

Also, the Soul Bleeders keep resetting once you pull them, making them impossible to kill unless you are able to kill them with 1 hit before they immediately reset and have their health back to 100%
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:30 AM   #63
Kaitheel

Developer

Here's another batch of changes that have been made internally, but are not yet on Beta:
  • Dismantle Ten Rats - Quest name is no longer a big liar.
  • Construct the Past - Shrieker is now spelled correctly.
  • Cloingborn This Way - Quest journal now specifies you are obtaining core essences from abyssal aquata spirits.
  • Cloingborn This Way - Quest journal now specifies you are obtaining beaks from abyssal fathomlurkers.
  • Mighty Magimorphic Ore - Increased the chance of obtaining slickstone ore from mined ore piles.
  • Mighty Magimorphic Ore - Quest journal and Bhoughbh now state the correct location for slickstone ore.
  • Mighty Magimorphic Ore - There's now a clue as to how to obtain Abyssal ore.
  • Fury Road - A step has been added to the quest, forcing you to meet up with Tyshgwyn in Blightstone Barrens before being sent to Kill Aberrants.
  • Mining Your Business - The additional fathomlurkers within Splitiron Mine now update quest.
  • Goals in the Shoals - The number of Soul Bleeders witin Thalumbra have been drastically increased.
  • Goals in the Shoals - Enthralled Soul Bleeders should now update quest correctly.
  • Another One Bites the Rock - Toxic Glow Toads are easier to gather.
  • Another One Bites the Rock - Toxic Glow Toads are now consumed when used on crag gorgers.
  • Gilzin's name has now been spelled consistently throughout.
  • Culling the Time Away - Aleesia's dialogue has been adjusted.
  • Rite of Growth - Quest is no longer confused between rancid and fetid poxfiends.
  • The Song of Life - Quest journal has been adjusted to provide a bit more details.
  • It's Pillar Time - Aberrant attackers now lock to the player upon trigger.
I do not know when these changes will make it to Beta, but they should be included in the posted update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:04 AM   #64
Elinea

Quest: It's Pillar Time

When you recharge the pillar at 668.00 104.39 360.46 345.89 0.00 0.00 , the abberrants that spawn start out about 3/4 under the hill and won't aggro unless you walk over their heads that are poking out. It took me a minute to figure that out, thinking the quest was broken again.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:33 AM   #65
Tabri

I havent been able to re-do this one till today I was now on my main from live and retried it. I took my mount off and ran up the hill to the box that glows blue up on that platform up top and still nothing happens. The quest does not say whether or not to fly, walk, crawl, do jumping jacks whatever, maybe make the quest a bit more explanatory. Confused Also I do not see a crate in my hands, in my inventory, or in the quest helper. Where is this elusive crate at I picked up anyway?
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:04 AM   #66
Sigrdrifa

The quest givers at (440, 135, 305) are really smashed too tightly together. They need to be spread out further so you can read their name and purpose. I probably don't need to mention "VV.E.E.K.I_.Y IIIissi0N5" as a hashed up name.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:48 AM   #67
Tabri

Quest: Underdepth's Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders
Zone: Algorithm for Destruction

Did the entire zone killed the spider and the Cabalbox access pin is not dropping from the spider for the quest.

Note: Also on previous Crate quest I did see mobs try to take my crate from me in text but I didnt notice that one did since I one shot the mobs, might try this later or something.
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #68
Natinaf

Water bugs out, seems to be just an overlay upon an empty crater[IMG]
Old 10-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #69
Kaitheel

Developer

No, those are glow toad egg clutches in the stream. The leafcutter eggs look like a pile of green bubbles, along the stream's edge. I just confirmed in Beta that they are spawning, are visible all the time, and can be gathered when on the quest.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #70
Kaitheel

Developer

Uh, no. No, you don't. I thought it was pretty funny when I was shown the name of that clockwork. It conveys the NPC use, and in an amusing, clockworky gnomish way.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #71
Elinea

I did find them later, and I forgot to come back and say so. I need lessons in finding things without the ROI, and the sparkly things, and track harvestables, etc.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #72
Alienor

Goals in the Shoals:
Is it me or are there really only 3 eggs available at a time?
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:22 PM   #73
dngrmse

Yes Goals in the Shoals....the Chitin Terror eggs. I found a total of three spawn points for those, and it took about half an hour to collect all I needed...spending most of that time waiting around for respawns.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:27 PM   #74
Kaitheel

Developer

The following changes have been made internally:
  • Eggcelent Population - All of the possible spawn points for the leadfcutter eggs are now above the geo.
  • Eggcelent Population - Harvesting umbral leafhopper eggs is now a group update.
  • Pet the Puppy - Bhardain is back at his location to receive his pup.
When these changes hit the Beta server they should be included in the update notes.
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-25-2015, 10:57 PM   #75
Irish

I completed lost miner quest,but then it said battery ran out and ported me back to start saying battery ran out. also is reward only a plat and change because that was all it gave.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:09 PM   #76
Kaitheel

Developer

That can't be good. Hehehe. Art was hoping you could provide a loc for this.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-27-2015, 05:04 AM   #77
Kuulei

[BUG] Zone Unavailable
Quest: Preservation Fragmentation
Category: Thalumbra
Current Zone: The Spellweave

The Spellweave zone is not available
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:54 AM   #78
sojuc

The Spellweave zone is not available[/quote]

can confirm also the zone is not available - just loading forever....
Old 10-27-2015, 08:07 AM   #79
Kaitheel

Developer

The following changes have been made internally:
  • Goals in the Shoals - chitin terror eggs respawn faster.
  • Dismantle Ten Rats - Obtaining mini-thaumaturgical cylinders is now a group update.
  • Mighty Magimorphic Ore - Obtaining slickstone ore is now a group update.
  • The Song of Life - lashing petalcreepers now have quest icon.
I do not know when these changes will make it to the Beta server, but keep an eye out for them in the update notes.
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-27-2015, 08:21 AM   #80
Beee

Every Mission Quest gives a Mission Reward Crate except the weekly missions.

Seems the Crate is missing or there will be a better Weekly Mission Reward Crate ( hopefully ) Wink

eg Quest Against All Odds (Reward 15 Coins)
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #81
Chrol

Developer

I'll take a look at that. It shouldn't give you a fail message if you completed it. Also, coin is the only reward, for now...
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #82
Chrol

Developer

It's up now.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #83
Chrol

Developer

As soon as they're made, the crates will be added to the weekly missions.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #84
Jrel

Zaphart's Defenders: Was able to kill the spider. Received the access pin. However to further the quest of upgrading the undertok sentries, I must create another item that requires a Coil Conductor. However, I cannot find it, and all names are dead. I was told they look like copper-colored spirals. I'm in first-person view on Very High Graphics looking for them.

Update: I had to start a new zone to see them.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:13 AM   #85
Dontthinkso

According to update notes on 10/27 the eggs respawn faster. With what seems like 5 respawn points and me continually searching the spire for over an hour ...by myself I never got the six eggs I need for the quest. How can this work when 25 people are flying around looking for the same 5 spawns... On top of that it is not even a group update so you can't share with same people fighting for same spawns
Old 10-28-2015, 01:07 AM   #86
Kaitheel

Developer

There's a lot more that spawn at a time than that! And they also have a minimum spawn number, meaning that the number of spawned eggs at a time will never go below a certain number. This guarantees that they are always present somewhere. I suspect that the issue is one of location, or of under the geo spawning. I'll take a look!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-28-2015, 02:16 AM   #87
Dontthinkso

The quest says they are at the Spires...are they also in areas near the spire area? Once I get update that says I am entering another area I turn around and go back into spire area. When I logged in today I picked up 4 immediately, a fifth I found in 5-10 minutes...then I never saw another one in the "Savage Spires" area.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:10 AM   #88
Dontthinkso

Would not let me edit my post but I have an update....

Thanks Kaitheel...I expanded my search area and now have 12 locations (stopped looking at 12). Depending on which way you are traveling, the border of Savage Spires seems to be different. Understandable but a little confusing when I can fly a relatively small circle around a nearby spire and get 3 area notifications...lol
Old 10-28-2015, 05:02 PM   #89
jasonx

Was running through Splitiron mines and after I got my kill updates I ran out and discovered I couldn't fly anymore.
I wasn't in combat, I had no merc and resummoning mount didn't work.

After speaking with a friend we came to the conclusion that some aggro mob must've stopped to fight with miners, locking me and preventing me from flying until i zoned into Maldura. If that happenes the char should not be locked into someone else's combat.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #90
Xuma

I the Harvest Fungi part of Ironblood and Guts quest supposed to be Group update? Cause it's not.
Xuma is offline   Reply With Quote