EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 01:53 AM   #31
Kaitheel

Developer

D'oh! They're in Khali'Vahla, along the western edge, currently. But once the city gets objects this will likely change.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:04 AM   #32
Kaitheel

Developer

Oh! HAHAHA! I have no idea how you were able to fly inside the geo... that's an issue! And no, the ewers were not supposed to be under the world, like that. I'll fix 'em! But be warned that once the cities get objects, the ewers will be moved once more to other spots in Khali'Yrzu.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-20-2017, 02:07 AM   #33
Kaitheel

Developer

Interesting... I'll have to take a look at it. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-20-2017, 02:07 AM   #34
Moss

I showed the geo issue to Kander
Old 10-20-2017, 02:08 AM   #35
Kaitheel

Developer

Something about their locations conflicted with other object geo (the titled pillows, I suspect). I'll be moving them to reduce this issue. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-20-2017, 02:11 AM   #36
Kaitheel

Developer

Found it! Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-20-2017, 02:20 AM   #37
Kaitheel

Developer

Good catch! That needs to be updated with the name of the city tradeskill area. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-20-2017, 02:25 AM   #38
Kaitheel

Developer

"And, after all, dear, what is idle prattle for?"

Glad you appreciated it!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-20-2017, 06:27 AM   #39
Mercychalice

Quest Name: Oh Ye, Of Riddle Faith
Quest giver's Name: Pannaxxun
Quest Journal text: Gather tufts of spinx fur

If these are on the hair brush, can the whole brush be made to be clicky instead? I can't seem to find a click box on the brushes anywhere.
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:30 AM   #40
Elinea

Quest name: Oh Ye, of Riddle Faith
Quest giver: Pannaxxun
Quest text: Gather tufts of sphinx fur

Issue: I was able to find one tuft of fur on a hairbrush, completely by accident when my mouse moved over a small corner of the hairbrush. I figured once I knew what I was looking for, I could get this quest updated. However, all the remaining hairbrushes that I could find yielded no fur and were not clickable. Is this because someone else had clicked it, effectively removing the tuft of fur? Or is it because I'm mousing over the wrong part of the brush? Or are not all the brushes meant to be clickable? I'm really at a loss for this one.

Edit: Kept trying, and I moused over, saw the highlight, then it just disappeared when I tried to click. Nobody else was around me.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:32 AM   #41
Elinea

That's funny, I was typing up the exact same issue when you were. I had to afk a minute, and I finished the post when I got back, then looked to see yours there right ahead of mine lol.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:19 AM   #42
Elinea

That's me, talking to myself. I can no longer edit, so quoting and adding to my original post Tongue

I found the "hit box", as I am calling it, on the hairbrush. I apparently needed a microscope to find it. Pretty please make that a bit larger?
Old 10-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #43
Deanlao

The quest where you have "Consummate Sphinx Impersonation" cast on you, I couldn't mount after turning it in. I had to /camp then log back in. Sorry I don't remember quest name or quest giver.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:16 AM   #44
Elinea

Feedback -
Quest: Oh Ye, Of Riddle Faith.

My daughter watched the Little Mermaid so many times, I could practically hear Ursula's voice on some of that dialogue. Nice!
Old 10-20-2017, 11:24 AM   #45
Earar

quest name : sphinx outside the box
quest giver : pannaxxum

I don't know if the illusion should give you a faction boost for pakiat bluffs, but it doesn't. red epic sphinx still are agro. so what is the point of the illusion ? just see the stolen arcana ? then give us vision, not an illusion. I thought I could go closer to those epic mobs

and when not moving, the illusion doesn't "fly"
Old 10-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #46
Earar

quest name : Koyame's elemental study
quest giver : koyame
quest text : planar earth elemental samples

On this quest. I found 3 floating isles with planar elementals. 2 spawn each time with random type.

Other than that there are shadowy air elementals that work on quest and some water elementals.

right now I'm stuck with earth elementals because their drop rate seems really low compared to others.

So to me .; whether u put a place where you can find earth/fire elementals poping like the air and water ones. Make their spawn rate faster. Put in more than 3 floating isles, increase drop rate ? more than 2 per isle ?

it's not fun. I have done all the quests I could for the vhala, no more are available (maybe faction ?) .. I cannot do repeatables, one 1 quest from this faction and cannot do other faction quests or I'll lose faction on this one. And I have to fly between 3 isles which are far away, wondering if it'll update. It's time wasted and not fun coz nothing to do in between.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:10 PM   #47
Elinea

Quest name : Sphinx Outside the Box
Quest giver : Pannaxxum

I'm not 100% sure this is quest related, but I'm including it because it happened while on this quest. Pannaxxum casts an illusion (which does not allow us to safely wander Pakiat Bluffs, like she says it does), but after I found all the pieces and returned to her, she removed the illusion, and I couldn't fly. It acted as though I had no mount on, but my mount was showing in the maintained window, and I couldn't click the saddle button to remove and resummon it either. The only way I could start flying again was to camp to myself.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #48
Lucus

of all the brushes i found on that quest there was only one platform where they spawned that i could click reliably the rest behaved like i couldn't click them.

i got the quest done by going back to the same platform after flying away for a bit.

for those of you on that quest the loc for the brushes that have proper hit boxes is -478.56 165.46 -850.59
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #49
Keelinn

Been at it for a couple of hours, flying between the islands. Have managed to get 2/6 of the updates I need.
Keelinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:29 PM   #50
Nero

You might be better off trying this in the off hours, or grouping up, as they are group updates (that have a range of atleast 100m)

Having said that, it still took me and 2 other poeple that were in group about 2.5 hours to get enough brushes... which is kinda crazy, and will get significantly worse when live floods with people looking for brushes.

I dont know how the spawn rate for these works, but please consider increasing it x3-4? Like posters before me have stated, the brushes are visible but not always clickable, and the ones that are, require u to hold you breath and zoom in, and stick our tongue out just right to be able to click them.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #51
Nero

I dont have the quest name becuase i'm a dummy and didnt /feedback this in game last night.

The quest that requires is to get 3x items from slaying air, water, earth, and fire elementals.

The elementals are exceedingly rare, with what feels like a 30%? drop rate on the items. Again, me and 2 other people were grouped as these are group updates and it took us about an hour an a half to get all 12 updates... i'm pretty convinced that no one else was farming them, so this will potentially be a problem when 800 toons are all fighting for the updates.

Fire elementals were the hardest to find FYI. Plenty of water and air ones around.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #52
Geobaldi01

Having same issues. Best way to correct this is to add a dedicated earth and fire elemental spawn area like the air and water ones. Only other option is reduce the cooldown on respawn by a lot and also make the item more likely to drop
Geobaldi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #53
Kaitheel

Developer

Heyya everyone!

Just to let you know, here's some of the changes that should be coming to Beta with the next update:
  • Counterfeit It to Win It - Metetherial ewers in Khali'Yrzu are no longer below ground.
  • Oh Ye, Of Riddle Faith - Feathers and fur should be easier to gather now.
  • Serving the Mindfold Matriarch - Quest journal and NPC dialogue now specify the ewers are in Khali'Vahla.
  • Doomsday Prep - Quest journal and NPC dialogue now specifies the kiln is located in Khali'Vahla's Artisan Terrace.
  • Steal it All Back - Pakiat siamangs are more plentiful and respawn faster now.
  • Dazzle and Delight - Flickering ignus are more plentiful and respawn faster now.
  • Koyame's Elemental Study - The elementals are more plentiful and respawn faster now, and the earth and fire elementals have a higher chance of spawning.
  • Material Evidence - The fused brinidine will no longer be awarded through the quest, as it is on kills.
  • Sure as Shell - Tesakias gives a bit more direction as to the location of the volaserpent eggs.
I'm not sure when the next Beta update is planned, but these changes should be listed in the update notes at that time.
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-21-2017, 12:19 AM   #54
Anatha

This is still not fixed as I am experiencing the same problem.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:34 AM   #55
Elinea

Quest Name: Material Evidence
Offered by: Mindfold Matriarch Taneesha
Quest text:
[IMG]

Thought it would be easier to screenshot rather than type it out and risk a typo that isn't there.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:44 AM   #56
Mercychalice

Could benefit from either adding a couple more islands with more mobs, or shortening the respawn timer on them. 2-3 mobs per island with a drop rate of maybe half is making for a very long time completing, times an increased player base come live....makes for a mess of a quest.
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:04 AM   #57
Elinea

Quest Name: Mindfold Matriarch's Effective Plan
Offered by: Mindfold Matriarch Taneesha
Quest text: Return to Mindfold Matriarch Taneesha

There's no book over her head to indicate the quest is ready for turn in.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:00 AM   #58
Nelie

I hate RNG....why do these have to have a fail drop rate? Bump to 100% please or as others have suggested, bump the spawn rate way up.
Nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:50 PM   #59
Materfarmer

Jihyon
Doomsday Prep (lvl 106)
I see the halciyolite but can not find the "enigma dust". Has anyone else found it or seen it?
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:15 PM   #60
Uncle

couldnt agree more on this and when i did it this morning there was about 5 ~6 doing at the same time semi rare update and horrid respawn times is a huge bottle neck waiting to happen
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote