EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 07:17 AM   #31
Seliri

Lord

REDEMPTION SAFEGUARDS

4a/16e.) Due to population limitations, it might also be sensible to say, only revamp TSO & SF instances for PvP trinket drops (#16 in the PoAfEP) & decent, basic PvP drops in craftable choose-a-loot chests (#4 in the PoAfEP) like tradeskill apprentice items are found now.

25a.) On non-leaper/flier/glider days, a portal to Drunder w/ a 10 sec cast time would be placed in the nearest convenient location

42.) Refugees seeking to leave Nagafen due to preferring post-apocalypse PvP annihilation -- with all its current carebear accoutrements -- could be allowed to do so.

All Nagafenians would be allowed 1 free transfer off (should these apt fixes see their rightful day).

Nagafen's bottom line is that THE FEATURE of a PvP server is SUPPOSED TO BE PVP, not some "intermittent option" players never even have to participate in.

Disgrace that bottom line & watch the top 100 leaderboard not budge a hory jit phooreokeiruing smidge (see: post-fame decay).

Certain handicaps undebateably destroy PvP opportunities & there is no avoiding that, aside from the necessary compromises mentioned within the 45 PoAfEP.

Seliri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #32
Hekter
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

This list is win and I hope everything gets implemented.

Hekter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #33
Twinbladed
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

To be honest no one is ever going to agree with pvp fix, an it is mostly to do with there own selfish feelings, they never take the time out to think about other classes or pvp as a whole. A lot of idea's on there were not that bad, I don't agree with sel majority of the time. You people rule against every single idea that is placed on the table and never like anything that happens, so when they do make a fix what do you people do complain even more. How do you think we got into this in the first place. You guys refuse to play your classes for what they were made to do, everyone thinks they should heal, everything needs dps, on an on until you sit here an have other classes over par because of your own idea's. Then come into threads throw in your 2 penny's about how pvp should be, when half the time it doesn't benefit the server, just you.

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #34
thesiren

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

Someone ban the OP please

this.

This please!

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #35
Seliri

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

To be honest no one is ever going to agree with pvp fix, an it is mostly to do with there own selfish feelings, they never take the time out to think about other classes or pvp as a whole. A lot of idea's on there were not that bad, I don't agree with sel majority of the time. You people rule against every single idea that is placed on the table and never like anything that happens, so when they do make a fix what do you people do complain even more. How do you think we got into this in the first place. You guys refuse to play your classes for what they were made to do, everyone thinks they should heal, everything needs dps, on an on until you sit here an have other classes over par because of your own idea's. Then come into threads throw in your 2 penny's about how pvp should be, when half the time it doesn't benefit the server, just you.

who are the "you people" & "you guys"?what fixes benefit "just you"?

who is the proverbial you?

where do you supposedly not agree with me the majority of the time?

Old 12-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #36
gdawg311

Loremaster

omg seliri please stop before you further ruin pvp, you dont even have an active sub

gdawg311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #37
Seliri

Lord

gdawg311 wrote:

omg seliri please stop before you further ruin pvp, you dont even have an active sub

convenient lack of coherent rebuttal...but im subbed...as if that would even matter? =]

Old 12-19-2011, 10:31 PM   #38
Twinbladed

Loremaster

Seliri wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

1. Chill out I agreed with a lot of things you said.

2. I was talking to most of the server as a whole.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #39
Seliri

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Seliri wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

A lot does not equal all.

You either give a sheyoot aboot contested PvP stimulus or you don't, there is no in between.

This is not a matter allowing for dissension.

May you wrongly deceive yourself & believe otherwise, such unruly insubordination will be quashed with the might of Genghis Khan, Hu Jin Tao, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Nero, Caligula, Ivan IV Vasilyevich, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Bashar Assad, Ayatollah Khomeini, Haj Mohammed Effendi Amin el-Husseini, Satan, & God...oh, & me, cause I'm probably the anti-christ.

also will be adding...

the current, faux #41 on my employment will become 46.

the safeguard on bluebie carebear refugees will become 45.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:58 AM   #40
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

Seliri wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Everyone has their own idea on how to fix pvp, some are ok most suck. This thread is no different.

lol.

you make no specific itemization detailing how your rationale is of merit.

why should anyone reviewing your judgment think you aren't an oversensitive, emo carebear bearing grudges as terribly as Darkor & Crismorn have?

tbh I don't read anything you post because of your tarded use of grammar. For example in this post I got passed "lol" and that was about it.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:01 AM   #41
Kurindor_Mythecnea

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Seliri wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Everyone has their own idea on how to fix pvp, some are ok most suck. This thread is no different.

lol.

you make no specific itemization detailing how your rationale is of merit.

why should anyone reviewing your judgment think you aren't an oversensitive, emo carebear bearing grudges as terribly as Darkor & Crismorn have?

tbh I don't read anything you post because of your tarded use of grammar. For example in this post I got passed "lol" and that was about it.

Well, if I do say so myself, a most discourteous travesty ye perpetuate.

Kurindor_Mythecnea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #42
Twinbladed

Loremaster

Seliri wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Seliri wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You either give a sheyoot aboot contested PvP stimulus or you don't, there is no in between.

May you wrongly deceive yourself & believe otherwise, such unruly insubordination will be quashed with the might of Genghis Khan, Hu Jin Tao, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Nero, Caligula, Ivan IV Vasilyevich, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Bashar Assad, Ayatollah Khomeini, Haj Mohammed Effendi Amin el-Husseini, Satan, & God...oh, & me, cause I'm probably the anti-christ.

also will be adding...

41.) Remove permanent immunity at Moonfield Hamlet in Stonebrunt Highlands.

42.) Remove permanent immunity at Paineel in Sundered Frontier.

43.) Remove Qeynos city PvP rules to replicate Freeport (urgent -- hotfix ASAP).

44.) Auto-hide mercenaries in PvP (urgent -- hotfix ASAP).

If your asking someone to 100% agree with you, not going to happen, like I said some of those things are nice, some of them have flaws surrounding them. Side note: stay on topic, you ramble to much. 

Old 12-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #43
EndevorX

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Seliri wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Seliri wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

also will be adding...

41.) Unnerf the Dirge's Cacophany of Blades (CoB) loss of interruption.

42.) Remove permanent immunity in Sentinel's Fate (Moonfield Hamlet in Stonebrunt Highlands & Paineel in Sundered Frontier).

43.) Remove Qeynos city PvP rules to replicate Freeport (urgent -- hotfix ASAP).

44.) Auto-hide mercenaries in PvP (urgent -- hotfix ASAP).

If your asking someone to 100% agree with you, not going to happen, like I said some of those things are nice, some of them have flaws surrounding them. Side note: stay on topic, you ramble to much. 

you're just trying to be combative, you 100% agree with me.

edited your quote of me to represent 41-44 as they now are... ;D

AS AN ASIDE

Berserker passive taunts still work, unlike all other Fighters.

EndevorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #44
Chunkaliscious

Loremaster

People might actually read and may even agree with some of your posting if you would actually use the English language the way it is meant to be used and not in the siezure inducing manner in which you do.

Chunkaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #45
Kurindor_Mythecnea

Loremaster

Chunkaliscious wrote:

People might actually read and may even agree with some of your posting if you would actually use the English language the way it is meant to be used and not in the siezure inducing manner in which you do.

disregard the mentality of superficial hatred

added 5a (PvP rank toggle)

edited 43 (dungeon maker/playermade dungeons/published home 45 sec countdown timer for entry)

Old 12-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #46
Souse

Loremaster

Seliri just wants his thread bumped :3

Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #47
Seliri

Lord

In regard to #32, Standardized Dungeon Finding, see other points to consider......from the EQ2 Wire post "Attempting CPR on Dungeon Finder"...

boho January 2, 2012 @ 6:37 pm

If you’re going to copy WoW, do it without shame.

What that means is don’t release new features that are directly lifted from other sources unless your implementation is just as good, if not better. Sony proves time and time again to be incapable of understanding this principle.

How WoW’s Dungeon Finder works:

-Gear checks via Item Level. This would be so easy to implement. Equipment level * expansion modifier (SF gear is much weaker than Velious) * quality level (Treasured/MC/Legendary/Fabled). This would keep 99% of the “most impressive set of level 70 gear you’ve ever seen,” as someone so brilliantly put it, invalids out of the DF.

-Keying checks. Again, this is so easy for EQ2 to do. Make progression official. You have to clear Pools, Ascent, and Crystal Caverns before you can do the KD stuff. You have to clear KD stuff before you can do Drunder.

-Cross-server. This requires work, but it’s necessary if Sony expects to resurrect the Dungeon Finder.

-Don’t start the dang dungeon until everyone has confirmed they’re coming. Again, this is a no-brainer.

-Ignore mercenaries, at least for anything over level, say, 70.

tra la laa...

Old 01-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #48
Raffir

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Seliri is just trying to get hired by SOE....by showing??..I dunno, if I was SOE I'd locking up HR and throwing away the key if they were even considering..

Raffir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #49
Seliri

Lord

Raffir wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Seliri is just trying to get hired by SOE....by showing??..I dunno, if I was SOE I'd locking up HR and throwing away the key if they were even considering..

what...?do you realize that the subject & link mention 45 points, despite the jested 46th?

although it is surely shallow to shun the prospect of my employment when considering PvP's current predicament & morale, & where it should be.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #50
Raffir

Loremaster

45 points of your opinion only...is just another opinion

In my opinion...SOE should do away with pvp armor, mercs, BG's,warfields, AA's, raiding / raid armor etc.. and open the entire server up to PvP within 8 player levels. Banking and crafting areas the only safe spots.  Crafted and Quest armor and accoutrements only.

But thats just another opinion...no less or more valid than yours.

Raf

Old 01-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #51
thesiren

Loremaster

Raffir wrote:

In my opinion...SOE should do away with pvp armor, mercs, BG's,warfields, AA's, raiding / raid armor etc.. and open the entire server up to PvP within 8 player levels. Banking and crafting areas the only safe spots.  Crafted and Quest armor and accoutrements only.

Raf

I agree with this. 

Hey Raff, it's nice to see peeps from the old Extended boards on the PvP boards.  (Sorry you have to er, try to read Seliri's gobbledeegook though.    Not all the Naggy peeps are like that, fortunately.)

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #52
Seliri

Lord

thesiren wrote:

Raffir wrote:

Raf

I agree with this. 

Hey Raff, it's nice to see peeps from the old Extended boards on the PvP boards.  (Sorry you have to er, try to read Seliri's gobbledeegook though.    Not all the Naggy peeps are like that, fortunately.)

right, cause ignoring all the finer mechanical inconsistencies is okay.

it clearly isn't & the two of you are very visibly oblivious to even notion removing AAs & raiding/raid armor.

battlegrounds & warfields are also now seen as features by SOE bureaucracy, despite their bastardized state, & so it is also very simple to understand that reasonable compromises & adjustments are to be vied for at most, & not absolute eradication. n_n

Old 01-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #53
Raffir

Loremaster

thesiren wrote:

Raffir wrote:

Raf

I agree with this. 

Hey Siren,

LTNS...

Open world PvP. What could be better than this? Of course, its a massive re-write.  And, honestly, if you've made your way to the top of the heap in the current system?  Would you be willing to give it all up for a complete reset...even if it was a better game?

I suspect there would be no small amount reluctance as far as that goes

Prob better to just open a new server under those rules and let this languish.

But again...all just opinion.

Raf

Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #54
Seliri

Lord

Raffir wrote:

thesiren wrote:

Raffir wrote:

Raf

I agree with this. 

Hey Siren,

LTNS...

Open world PvP. What could be better than this? Of course, its a massive re-write.  And, honestly, if you've made your way to the top of the heap in the current system?  Would you be willing to give it all up for a complete reset...even if it was a better game?

I suspect there would be no small amount reluctance as far as that goes

Prob better to just open a new server under those rules and let this languish.

But again...all just opinion.

Raf

Lol.

The concerns of this thread aren't "all just opinion", neither "all just MY opinion" as you libelously have tried claiming.

These points are a legitimate compilation that veterans have agreed would improve many current weaknesses in the current EQ2 PvP model.

It's clear you aren't actually experienced, nor interested in positively affecting the stale situation EQ2 PvP currently knows.

The PvP population is quite scarce & it's obvious that SOE isn't in the position to open a new server with the expectation of success.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #55
Kurindor_Mythecnea

Loremaster

I applaud new Seliri's effort to put in an effort.

We may have lost the battle, but the war yet remains absent a victor.

But I think we're gonna lose the war.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #56
Darkor
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

Holy Necropost, please lock this!

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #57
Bosconi

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Holy Necropost, please lock this!

Or, you could repent of your cliquish, carebear hater ways & confess that the points in these posts are as relevant today as when the posts were last edited.

Bosconi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #58
Najen

Scholar

You have many good points Seliri. Respect goes to you. Thank you for speaking up for us.

Najen  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #59
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Nobody would put this much effort into PvP, dreams will stay dreams.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #60
Raffir

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Nobody would put this much effort into PvP, dreams will stay dreams.

TERA....open world pvp within 6 levels.  Go outside of that and you are an outlaw who can be attacked by anyone on the server.

Not without its problems though.  Entire guilds whose sole purpose is to gank noobs in the beginning area by going outlaw, then one shotting the prey and running back to the town safe areas.  But, each server is beginning to police its own a bit now.  Too early to say how it will all play out...though, it seems that all gaming companies in ther efforts to improve PvP seem to go overboard on the rules and eventually ruin it.  AOC comes to mind...hopefully TERA will avoid that.

Its pretty interesting right now.

Raf