EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-23-2005, 02:58 PM   #1
Neec

OK i love being a ranger and now im level 50 feel i can make comments on the profesion based on experience..

Let me start with Skills..

Broken PLZ Fix..

Blazing Thrust... -- Sometimes works sometimes doesnt ... in fact about 30 % of the time it does no damage at all its not resisted by mob either cuz resisted would flash above mob..

Natural Instinct... Stealt Attack that Does medium Damage and slows the movement of all Enemies in the encounter...  DOES NO DAMAGE at PRESENT..

Longshank... Upgrade to Shourded Strike/ Pouncing Atack ... At present it doesnt pur us in stealth mode..

Blade Flurry ... Needs to STOP doing AOE when it kicks in and breaks mezzezs and stop it draining power

Posible Modifications

EVAC.. Range on it should increase as skill level goes up with maybe Master iv evac being zonewide..

Pathfinding - Doesnt stack with Jboots..... WHY ??? SoW does so does every other speed buff why just pick on scouts..

Arrows

Ok i read so many threads on this and you dont NEED to spend cash on arrows, Makeshirf Arrows Adept 1 produces 30 Carbonite arrows every 15 mins, Rip and Tear produce 1 Feyiron arrow (easy to stock up on htese spend  a days hunting melee using rip/tear at every oportunity...)

The good Arrows will cost you gold which at level 50 isnt to much.

WE NEED A QUIVER  a bag for our pack we can fill with arrows that auto feeds our arrow slot..

STEALTH

Ok i think our stealth is good and the woodelf level 40 Trait is high speed stealth which will be used 90 % of the time, Stalk prey is a higher level stealth  but slower..  My only complaint here is WE are the SCOUTS our stealth skil lshould match that of the mage / fury in respect to what mobs can detect us..   Realistically ours should be better, as scouts we are masters of hunting keeping our scents masked staying down wind moving undetected its what we base our profesions on..  Mage moves faster  and will  be smelt a mile off with all those pungent components... probably smells like walking napalm not to mention no care for moving quietly....  Same with fury..

RANGED FIGHTING

Seems quite good BUT our bow skills EAT power like its going out of fashion, most of the skills are slow reset too, bows are very slow and if you KITE you HAVE to do it over a realatively small area i have kited so many mobs and even though u peppering mob with arrows after a certain point it resets the encounter, so mob need to be INSIDE MELEE RANGE NOT bow range to stop encounter resetting.. This happens more when you land snares or movement debuff skills..  At the moment bow fighting isnt really viable 90% of our DPS comes from melee the other 10 % is bow..   I feel like im a melee class that has a few good bow skills but that doesnt bother me as i like melee.. OH our MELEE only dps is very respectable and we OD most people when we really try (except bruisers who just OWN for damage)

QUESTS

We need more QUESTS for good items at higher levels after you hit Everfrost / Lavastorm you cant help but feel its rushed the lack of quests and all the quests being either access or silly cash reward..

BOSS MOB CAMPING ... this is getting silly quest mobs should all be triggered SPAWNS, the amount of quests i have done that require x boss to be killed  only to get there and find 3 other groups fighting over the spawn.. Not to bad but most of these are on 2 hour to 24 hour respawn timers..

I dont mind all these quests my only real complaint here is  ITS really hard for people BELOW level 50 to get QUEST groups 99 % of people are not interested in quests and only want to grind..  So when people DO manage to get a group to help them with quests dont make the group have to camp 4 hours earning no xp with people jsut getting bored..

INSTANCES.

OK this is where i have a real problem, With all the bugs in the game and the amount of times zones crash i really dont like these 6 day timers to reenter places..

I feel like i have missed out on Nec Castle, the 1st time i went there i was the right level had fun for 10 mins b4 zone crashed and whle party booted.. 7 day lockout, so i held back and only leveled once in a week so i could go back ...we get back in SERVER crashes.. another 7 day Lockout.. well i wasnt sitting on my [Removed for Content] doing nothing for a week 3rd time back  and zone crash... 7 more days locked out.. So 3 attempts all server faults i couldnt do anything b4 being booted out of zone  so from 1st going into nec castle to getting more than 5 mins in the zone took me 21 days by which time every mob in zone was grey to me, and i had to get 2 friends just to help me zone in so i could SOLO the instance...  I didnt spend much time exploring just read a guide and rushed through it hoping to kill Lord everling before the zone booted me again..     Anyhow I know nec has been changed now.. but there are stil la lot of instances like runnyeye that crash and lock you out whcih really does suck as i remember being there was really hard finding people with access..

In brief there is a lot of content but due to server errors crashes etc most players miss out on the content as by the time the timer has reset and they can enter again all the mobs are grey so there is no challenge adn  ultimately no reward...   

PLZ reduce re-entry times for people .... This is what oi found to be the most frustrating part of the game..

ARMOR

We need some level 50 sets  of armor / weapons maybe legend quests or artifact quests.. but we need armor that looks good and MATCHES please i havent seen matching armor since oooh level 20 AQ's..   So far i have Seen NO ARMOR for level 45 + which kinda sux..

I would like to be able to dye all my armor the same color..

I would like to see cloaks in game also.. im a ranger at the moment i look more like i belong on the battlement of a castle than in the wild.... 

WEAPONS

More selection would be nice....  At the moment al scouts look the same my level (except me who got uber lucky and got a master chest worldwide 1st atunable Rapier thats much beter than Serated bone dirk) but in general there is NO choice after level 40 you know you got serated bone dirk and treedins skinning knife in the bank... and for 99 % thats it...

RAIDS / LOOT TABLES

LOOT TABLES NEED FIXING.. nuf said..

Probably more but that will do for now SMILEY
Neec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
Anka

Neecha wrote:
OK i love being a ranger and now im level 50 feel i can make comments on the profesion based on experience..

Let me start with Skills..

Broken PLZ Fix..

Blazing Thrust... -- Sometimes works sometimes doesnt ... in fact about 30 % of the time it does no damage at all its not resisted by mob either cuz resisted would flash above mob..

Natural Instinct... Stealt Attack that Does medium Damage and slows the movement of all Enemies in the encounter...  DOES NO DAMAGE at PRESENT..

Longshank... Upgrade to Shourded Strike/ Pouncing Atack ... At present it doesnt pur us in stealth mode..

Blade Flurry ... Needs to STOP doing AOE when it kicks in and breaks mezzezs and stop it draining power

agreed

Posible Modifications

EVAC.. Range on it should increase as skill level goes up with maybe Master iv evac being zonewide..

Just make it faster really.

Pathfinding - Doesnt stack with Jboots..... WHY ??? SoW does so does every other speed buff why just pick on scouts..

Agreed

Arrows

Ok i read so many threads on this and you dont NEED to spend cash on arrows, Makeshirf Arrows Adept 1 produces 30 Carbonite arrows every 15 mins, Rip and Tear produce 1 Feyiron arrow (easy to stock up on htese spend  a days hunting melee using rip/tear at every oportunity...)

The good Arrows will cost you gold which at level 50 isnt to much.

WE NEED A QUIVER  a bag for our pack we can fill with arrows that auto feeds our arrow slot..

Good Idea on the quiver

STEALTH

Ok i think our stealth is good and the woodelf level 40 Trait is high speed stealth which will be used 90 % of the time, Stalk prey is a higher level stealth  but slower..  My only complaint here is WE are the SCOUTS our stealth skil lshould match that of the mage / fury in respect to what mobs can detect us..   Realistically ours should be better, as scouts we are masters of hunting keeping our scents masked staying down wind moving undetected its what we base our profesions on..  Mage moves faster  and will  be smelt a mile off with all those pungent components... probably smells like walking napalm not to mention no care for moving quietly....  Same with fury..

Devs have stated that the scouts invis is really a camoflauge while the mages are true invisibility.  Camoflauge, by nature, is easier to detect as you are really NOT invisible, only blending in with your environment.  We can't have everything.

RANGED FIGHTING

Seems quite good BUT our bow skills EAT power like its going out of fashion, most of the skills are slow reset too, bows are very slow and if you KITE you HAVE to do it over a realatively small area i have kited so many mobs and even though u peppering mob with arrows after a certain point it resets the encounter, so mob need to be INSIDE MELEE RANGE NOT bow range to stop encounter resetting.. This happens more when you land snares or movement debuff skills..  At the moment bow fighting isnt really viable 90% of our DPS comes from melee the other 10 % is bow..   I feel like im a melee class that has a few good bow skills but that doesnt bother me as i like melee.. OH our MELEE only dps is very respectable and we OD most people when we really try (except bruisers who just OWN for damage)

I wish they made the delay on the bow attacks shorter so we have the option of doing pure ranged attacks or melee attacks.  So far I've seen 4.5 seconds or 7.0 second delays on our bows.  This sucks.  give us shorter times (maybe 4.0 seconds on the long ranged bows and 2.0 seconds on the short ranged bows.)

QUESTS

We need more QUESTS for good items at higher levels after you hit Everfrost / Lavastorm you cant help but feel its rushed the lack of quests and all the quests being either access or silly cash reward..

I don't want to take anything away from you, but this is the price of levelling fast.  I actually like people like you who level fast because you reveal the errors of the game so that people like me (a level 37 ranger) can have a better game to play when we get to Everfrost/Lavastorm.  Thanks for the trailblazing (please read without sarcasm as none was intended).

BOSS MOB CAMPING ... this is getting silly quest mobs should all be triggered SPAWNS, the amount of quests i have done that require x boss to be killed  only to get there and find 3 other groups fighting over the spawn.. Not to bad but most of these are on 2 hour to 24 hour respawn timers..

I can tolerate boss camping.  Its part of the game and helps filter characters from one another.  This is actually a good thing, I wouldn't want them to really fix this as people who do not want to put the time into the camp will not get the reward.  This helps create a diverse player base (as far as items).

I dont mind all these quests my only real complaint here is  ITS really hard for people BELOW level 50 to get QUEST groups 99 % of people are not interested in quests and only want to grind..  So when people DO manage to get a group to help them with quests dont make the group have to camp 4 hours earning no xp with people jsut getting bored..

INSTANCES.

OK this is where i have a real problem, With all the bugs in the game and the amount of times zones crash i really dont like these 6 day timers to reenter places..

I feel like i have missed out on Nec Castle, the 1st time i went there i was the right level had fun for 10 mins b4 zone crashed and whle party booted.. 7 day lockout, so i held back and only leveled once in a week so i could go back ...we get back in SERVER crashes.. another 7 day Lockout.. well i wasnt sitting on my [Removed for Content] doing nothing for a week 3rd time back  and zone crash... 7 more days locked out.. So 3 attempts all server faults i couldnt do anything b4 being booted out of zone  so from 1st going into nec castle to getting more than 5 mins in the zone took me 21 days by which time every mob in zone was grey to me, and i had to get 2 friends just to help me zone in so i could SOLO the instance...  I didnt spend much time exploring just read a guide and rushed through it hoping to kill Lord everling before the zone booted me again..     Anyhow I know nec has been changed now.. but there are stil la lot of instances like runnyeye that crash and lock you out whcih really does suck as i remember being there was really hard finding people with access..

They fixed this.  Nek castle is on a 2 hour timer (for unsuccessful raids such as server down time)

In brief there is a lot of content but due to server errors crashes etc most players miss out on the content as by the time the timer has reset and they can enter again all the mobs are grey so there is no challenge adn  ultimately no reward...   

PLZ reduce re-entry times for people .... This is what oi found to be the most frustrating part of the game..

ARMOR

We need some level 50 sets  of armor / weapons maybe legend quests or artifact quests.. but we need armor that looks good and MATCHES please i havent seen matching armor since oooh level 20 AQ's..   So far i have Seen NO ARMOR for level 45 + which kinda sux..

I would like to be able to dye all my armor the same color..

I agree with the dying.  I would love that.

I would like to see cloaks in game also.. im a ranger at the moment i look more like i belong on the battlement of a castle than in the wild.... 

This doesn't make sense.  Cloaks are not worn by rangers (look at Robin Hood, Legalos, Drizztz, etc) they are worn by warriors dressed for ceremony, mages, and nobility.

WEAPONS

More selection would be nice....  At the moment al scouts look the same my level (except me who got uber lucky and got a master chest worldwide 1st atunable Rapier thats much beter than Serated bone dirk) but in general there is NO choice after level 40 you know you got serated bone dirk and treedins skinning knife in the bank... and for 99 % thats it...

I can agree with this to some extent.   

RAIDS / LOOT TABLES

LOOT TABLES NEED FIXING.. nuf said..

Probably more but that will do for now SMILEY

Blackburrow server
Anka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:52 PM   #3
JynnSilverst

General

"I would like to see cloaks in game also.. im a ranger at the moment i look more like i belong on the battlement of a castle than in the wild.... 

This doesn't make sense.  Cloaks are not worn by rangers (look at Robin Hood, Legalos, Drizztz, etc) they are worn by warriors dressed for ceremony, mages, and nobility."

Actually, everyone wears cloaks, because everyone wants to have a unique cloak and have a mysterious appearance.  In reality, cloaks become the norm and you become an individual for not wearing one.  Go ahead and put cloaks in, I'll just have a look more diverse, rather than your cookie cutter, D&D, played out, Aragorn wanna-be look. :smileytongue:  Nah for real, cloaks need to be in but they're not going to accomplish what you want.

Thanks for the feedback, but it seems more like you started out talking about Rangers and slowly faded into repeating the same old game bugs and fixes we all know about.  Just being honest... harsh, but honest.
JynnSilverst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:24 AM   #4
KerriathV

Sofar, at lvl 45 i find alot of the skills are misleading in descriptions, or just dont work. Most  of the combat skill that say they add a secondary effect, debuff, or an auto cast, dont. Maybe they do, and they just dont give a buff/debuff icon, emote, casting animation, particle effect, ect.

Huntsman trap, stalk prey line: I have never seen any kinda of auto cast or effect when i am hit with these buffs on.

Snipe shot: I can not tell if the mob is slowed when hit. With parsing the mob dps does not seem to change much.

Culling the heard: Can not tell if i interupt casting, since casting is quite fast.

Open shot line of skills: For some reason it feels like instead of ignoring some armor it adds some armor when these shots hit. They seem to do less dammage per shot than 1 normal non skill bow shot, thats just my opinion.

Crippling blade: says it will slow an enemies movement, yet it feels it does not snare.

Entrap: says when this effect is on the mob, and you are hit, it refreshes you. I have never seen any such thing. Needs an emote, particle effect, casting animation, recouse buff icon, or just the amount we are refreshed by like healing spells do..ect

I would like to sugest putting these debuffs our strikes add into the 'maintained spell window,' with recourse type buff icon (similar to eq1). That would help alot.The dirty tricks, and ensnare line of skills allready do. Or look into skills that just dont seem to work.

While i am here:

Our companion summoning skills, could they be changed to companions that give buffs when they are around. Hunting hawk +agi +archery skill, Cuddly companion(bear) +str +sta, Feline Hunter +agi +str +stalking skill (tracking skill)

KerriathV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:57 AM   #5
Flust

Neecha wrote:

Broken PLZ Fix..

I agree with the rest.  However, I don't believe Blade Flury is broken.  Its described as an AE ability, so it should Break mezzes.   I know, some other AEs for other classes don't and; frankly I think thats stupid.  It dumbs down the game, imo.  As for the power drain, its a concentration ability.  All conc abilities have a power drain tic on them.  Just go make a low lvl Priest and cast courage, you'll see that too drains power every tic.  Its really not that bad of a power drain anyways.  Even with full Conc and no drink, you'll still make positive power gains out of combat.  Only time its noticable is during combat and when OOP. 
Flust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:35 AM   #6
loramil

Loremaster

Fluster wrote:

Neecha wrote:

Broken PLZ Fix..

I agree with the rest.  However, I don't believe Blade Flury is broken.  Its described as an AE ability, so it should Break mezzes. 

I have to say I wholeheartedly disagree with the last.

Blade Flurry as a melee combat art means that i'm standing there swinging a weapon and the opportunity arises in there somewhere for me to get a few extra swings in. It just defies belief that if theres a mezzed mob standing by me thati'm gonna wake it up just because I can't help myself.

Blade fury isn't a true AOE. It might target multiple creatures, but that's not the same as a blast of lighting say, that hits everything w/in 20'.  (Ok, Ok, I know...with this logic, your own party should be taking damage too.l :smileywinkSMILEY.  But a sword thrust, an axe slash, any swung weapon....it's a conscous choice as to weather to swing or not.   No passive combat MELEE ability should be able to attack a mezzed mob.  I should have to actually target the mob and perform a normal attack or CA for that to happen.

Loramil

Old 01-24-2005, 06:40 PM   #7
Neec

Ankhari

Devs have stated that the scouts invis is really a camoflauge while the mages are true invisibility.  Camoflauge, by nature, is easier to detect as you are really NOT invisible, only blending in with your environment.  We can't have everything.

Well, i Disagree.. if we are sneaking past mobs like a hunter in the woods we know how to blend in how to mask our scent and sounds how to stay downwind of the mob so they dont catch our scent, thats why we move slowly when doing this..

A mage / fury DONT they just invis and run no regard for noise or scent..  In the woods if you are hunting it doesnt matter how invisible you are if a creature catches your scent or hears a snap of a twig they run or turn to face thier stalker..

My point is that in the wild Rangers are natural hunters / stalkers they are experts in this field...   I just think to balance things we should all be able to hide from same mobs..  it depends on where and when and who realy has the advantage wether blending in stealth works better  or invisibility..  But thats my point...  PLUS we are SCOUTS its our job to SCOUT at moment mage and fury making better scouts..  Fury SOW STACKS with Jboots thier stealth is better and suffers no movement penalty,, Scouts suffer movement penalty (i dont mind this) Pathfinding doesnt stack with jboots (this sux ) and we are detected a lot easier..

Thats my thoughts anyhow..

As for blade flurry  its not to bad IF YOU ARE AWARE IT BREAKS MEZZES and just turn it off when apropriate..

BUT FIX a lot of the 40 - 50 BROKEN skills like loingshank, natural selection and blazing thrust..

AND POISONS....
Old 01-24-2005, 11:08 PM   #8
Cex

As a matter of fact it does stack albeit to a small degree. This has been well tested and proven.

Otherwise good post
Cex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:13 PM   #9
Neec

Yes but the fact that at the moment it DOES is a BUG and will be changed,  jboots are designed NOT to stack..  Thats what i disagree with SMILEY
Old 01-25-2005, 12:10 AM   #10
Flust

loramil wrote:

Fluster wrote:

Neecha wrote:

Broken PLZ Fix..

I agree with the rest.  However, I don't believe Blade Flury is broken.  Its described as an AE ability, so it should Break mezzes. 

I have to say I wholeheartedly disagree with the last.

Blade Flurry as a melee combat art means that i'm standing there swinging a weapon and the opportunity arises in there somewhere for me to get a few extra swings in. It just defies belief that if theres a mezzed mob standing by me thati'm gonna wake it up just because I can't help myself.

Blade fury isn't a true AOE. It might target multiple creatures, but that's not the same as a blast of lighting say, that hits everything w/in 20'.  (Ok, Ok, I know...with this logic, your own party should be taking damage too.l :smileywinkSMILEY.  But a sword thrust, an axe slash, any swung weapon....it's a conscous choice as to weather to swing or not.   No passive combat MELEE ability should be able to attack a mezzed mob.  I should have to actually target the mob and perform a normal attack or CA for that to happen.

Loramil

How is Blade Flurry not a true AE?  It is an encounter AE proc buff.  It does not follow the traditional radius based AE conecpt.  Insted the Area of Effect is the linked mobs with in that encounter.  

Blade Flurry is not Passive.  You make a decision to activate that buff.  As well, you have the option at any time to cancel its effects.  Now, if it was an ability that could not be turned off at all by any means; then yes, I would agree with you. 

As for your roleplay aspect of your argument.  The Flurry in Blade Flurry implies a non-controlled swing.  From Merriam-Webster's Dictionary.

Main Entry: 1flur·ry
Pronunciation: 'fl&r-E, 'fl&-rE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural flurries
Etymology: probably from flurr (to throw scatteringly)
1 a : a gust of wind b : a brief light snowfall
2 a : a brief period of commotion or excitement b : a sudden occurrence of many things at once

Message Edited by Fluster on 01-24-200511:10 AM

Message Edited by Fluster on 01-24-2005 11:11 AM

Flust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:50 AM   #11
HappyLoveBa

Hows about instead of having the delay go down to 4.0 for long bow and 2.0 for short bow, as you go up in level your delay for bows goes down slowly. Last time i checked a skilled archer could fire arrows quite quickly, true you'd go through more arrows but eh thats what makeshift and rip are for =).-Nefego
HappyLoveBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:47 AM   #12
Reol

Ankari wrote:

This doesn't make sense.  Cloaks are not worn by rangers (look at Robin Hood, Legalos, Drizztz, etc) they are worn by warriors dressed for ceremony, mages, and nobility.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Drizztz does wear a cloak and so does Legolas, I agree I would love to see cloaks put into game, with hoods etc, I think it just adds to the flavor of the game.

Reol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:19 AM   #13
Neec

Just for clarity Aragorn is also a ranger and he wears a cloak, Rangers are woodsmen they spend thier time in the wild  cloaks server 2 purposes camoflage and as blankets and to keep you warm..
Old 01-25-2005, 03:45 AM   #14
Vecsus_E

Turning this thread into a discussion over who did or did not wear a cloak in a book/movie is simply [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot].  It's a game folks. 
Vecsus_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:07 PM   #15
Andre

Because of such people SoE turned to change Armor color etc. C'mon folks - there issues with classes that screw hwole gameplay form those classes and you turn every discuss in  "Cloak vs Pants" disscussion?
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #16
Kin

General

unless they make the cloaks like wooden boards, they will add a lot of lag to folks on low end pcs. Lets leave it out imo, or if they add them, have a /showcloak feature.

Also the cost of arrows is a LOT. Sure makeshift gets you carbonite, but the dps diff between fulginate and carbonite is HUGE. Tear should tear out a top quality arrow. At adept1 level it should tear out 3 or 4. Or a random amount between 1-4.
Kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:37 PM   #17
Neec

LOl well the cloaks is a minor thing that i would like to see implemented at some stage i dont expect em to do it any time soon but it would be nice ..

I would rather have the broken skills fixed and the ability to dye armor so it all matches..

As for arrows realisitically they are not that expensive  for max dps you can get top crafted arrows or go cheap and buy the fulginate arrows, i usually work with feyiron as i always have at least 1000 of them on me..  and they are free and sell to the shop for 33 copper each thats 32 silver a stack, you cna make as many as you want of em  for free by just going to fight a grey mob ^^ is prefered take of your weapons and only use tear takes ages to kill mob but you build up a nice stack if you find your not getting enough of em..

Also at level 40 + you hsould make 20-50 gold a hunt anyhow whats 5-10 gold in arrows if your still making 40 g profit.. And  bow skills dont increase our DPS much at all n fact half the skills lower our dps we have one of the top melee dps in game and when poisons are fixed and our broken skills we will be even better.. The BOW is just a BONUS and you can easily get through never using a bow or any bow skills and still have  very very respectable DPS..

I like it this way im not forced to use the bow i can choose and i hardly used it lower levels to save up cash i use it more at level 50 but only for a few skills that compliment DPS rather than take DPS away..

I have Master 1 Sharp Shoot it takes 3 seconds to shoot thats 3 seconds of no damage and then deals about 100 damage, that makes my dps for those 3 seconds 33... pretty pathetic really.. If i dont use any specials at all and jsut melee my DPS is 77.. So in those 3 seconds i can do 100 damage with a master bow skill (using feyiron arows) or i can get 231 Damage by using no skills jsut melee combat...

But its not to say the skill is useless as it can be used while running / kiting... BUT we are not designed to kite we snarethe mobs hit em with bow shots keeping out of melee range but all our skills are so slow to reset with the bow it takes forever to kill the mobs also  if you roam too far away from  the mob the encounter breaks and mob resets..   Not to say it cant be done it can but you need to keep eye out whats in front while keeping an eye on the mob behind you to make sure it stays close..

As for low end machines it has never been the intention to make EQ2 for low end machines  its designed for the future technologies we dont even have on the market yet, i only see the game being more graphically intensive not less..

Message Edited by Neecha on 01-25-2005 03:39 PM

Old 01-26-2005, 03:20 AM   #18
Ren

Neecha, where are you finding feyiron arrows so cheap, I have max faction standing with all merchants in Qeynos and I am pretty sure, and they still seem to be 1s a pop?

Yeah, thats the original "Pink" AQ armor, for the win.
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:16 AM   #19
Neec

We get the skills called Rip and Tear to rip / tear 1 feyiron arrow out of  target, its quite easy to spend a few hours watching tv fighting ^^ grey mobs and harvesting feyiron arrows, hell in a couple of days hunting in soulsek using melee skills only and i had 1000 + feyiron arrows in my pack, its actually surprisingly easy to build up a stash of em.. honestly your bow skills SUCK compared to your melee skills play melee for a few days get xp drops earn cash and build up a healthy stock of feyiron arrows..

Arrows are ONLY expensive IF you want them to be if you have no cash you are not STUCK you can still level just as well and can make your own arrows for emergencies.. 

Spending Huge amounts on arrows is a personal choice, its like going to the broker and buying materials for crafting cuz you cant be bothered going out and harvesting them... You can get for free it just takes time...  If your lazy and cant be bothered then buy em..  And im getting a stack of top crafted arrows thats gunna cost me 20 gold  but thats jsut to see the DPS on em..
Old 01-27-2005, 01:17 AM   #20
Ijiamee

Loremaster

Neecha wrote:

Posible Modifications

Agree. I've tried to think of a roleplaying/balancing need for pathfind to be unable to stack with JBoots. I couldn't think of anything.

Arrows

Agree. This is a standard item for Rangers.

Old 01-29-2005, 06:00 PM   #21
SirCopenhag

that is some nice information to know.

I have often wanted go have the option to have different looking armor weather it be a cape, cloak, robe, breast plate etc, etc,.

I am currently a little annoyed about the AQs at lvl 20 because they only offer one type of armor that everyone ends up running around with. 

There is no optition to change the color of your armor, or the surface desgin pattern or whatever.  so everyone looks the same.

I would really like to see at least two different options for each armor quest  I.E. Vanguard and Platemail option for Heavy armor.
and so on and so forth. right down the line.
SirCopenhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:07 PM   #22
Ren

Well, we are a medium armor class so chain and brigadine are about our only reasonalble options, however, if they wanted to, like in EQ1, our endgame armor could be moved to plate look, without the platemail AC, Rangers looked amazing in full Torins or Thorny Vine, and Rogues looked awsome in full plate as well. You need to remeber, EQ2 still is in its baby stages and has many more years of expanding its database, all good things come in time, so patience is the key. Cloak, in my opinion would be cool/capes, but graphically it may be a little tough to implement, considering how impressive the current graphics are... Just look at cloaks in WoW, they look very static and not at all that good.

Yeah, thats the original "Pink" AQ armor, for the win.
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 01:13 AM   #23
Rolar

all they have to do is reintroduce the Royal engraved Velium armor that rangers could have in EQ. it was chain, but the gaphic for it was plate. lol chest was 4K pants were 4K. then crystal chitin boots arms gloves, all about 2k each. (plat) that was SWEEEEEEEET armor.

til i got Tae ew, but anyway...
19 Female Dark Elf Brawler
Kickin it on the ABBA - Antonia Bayle
Rolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:18 AM   #24
Tr

I'm surprised no one mentioned the leather look in this game, which looks very ranger-like in my opinion.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:34 PM   #25
buffs

You want armor? Be a warrior. Ranger damage taking should be skill based. Elves should get a huge agility bonus that makes armor unnecessary. Larger races should be able to wear medium armor to offset the lack of agility. I'm all for more race differentiation, but make other races viable at any certain class. But my thoughts on differentiation are for another thread..Cloaks are for keeping warm. They fit nicely over armor and packs and such. Of course those with more money had nicer cloaks, but everybody wears cloaks. IF you decide to wear one, though, you should lose fighting abilities. You cannot fight as well with a big cloak on your back. Mages don't need agility to cast, though.Rangers should be more stealthy in the wild and against animal based creatures. Assasins more stealthy indoors or in caves/dungeons and against intelligent creatures. Mages or other classes with invis more stealthy indoors or against intelligent creatures. If the creature has good sense of smell, mages should be detected easily. Since we are on the subject of fixing the ranger class:Damage should be based on agility. A ranger does bow damage on skill. Hit in head or heart for max damage. An arrow is an arrow. Maybe give bonus for better arrows, but damage should depend on ability to make a good shot. Same with daggers and smaller swords. It's not how hard I stick you with a knife, its my ability to hit you in a critical spot.
buffs is offline   Reply With Quote