EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Wizard
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-01-2004, 12:07 AM   #1
PontyEar

Loremaster

I haven't found anything directly pointing at this matter.
I know that guide isn't very good if we talk about existing game content, but... Wizard abilities list on each 10th of a level has a familiars that wizard is able to summon. So is it only a "glitch" of a beta and devs decided not to spoil the wizards and removed those "pets" or they only removed one that we were supposed to get at level 20? I am gonna check abilities also, since it's probably not a spell, but I most likely sure that there is nothing new. Can we get any official word on it? Prima Guide is official EQ2 guide. And it would be nice to know what was changed and removed from the game but still listed in the guide.

Devs? SoE? Please?
Old 12-01-2004, 12:32 AM   #2
Utar

Loremaster

We get a pet at lvls 20, 35, and 45.  They are fun spells only and the pet really doesn't do anything.  The lvl 20 pet can be bought from the scribes that sell lvl 20+ spells.
Utar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:11 AM   #3
Obiw

in qeynos harbor the scribe near the guild creation NPC sells it. 58silver iirc.

might I add i've been in awe of puss. Hes soloed a group of gnolls I ran from after I /yelled (i was outta power). I went to find him and was suprised to see him killing the group 1 gnoll at a time. major butt kicker. Puss has also jumped into combat from time to time. Dunno why and havent been able to reproduce intentionally.

Puss adds 1 to casting concentration and word on the street is adds around +3 power regen. It is a noticable amount, small but noticable.

problems? well Puss wont zone with you and the recast is like 500 sec.

Message Edited by Obiwiz on 11-30-2004 12:13 PM

Message Edited by Obiwiz on 11-30-2004 12:20 PM

Old 12-01-2004, 03:12 AM   #4
zalipolo

Loremaster

Please point me somewhere that indicates a power boost with pets.  Let's try to not spread this rumour.  I have tested it myself.  My regen rate is 27/tick normal and 30/tick with food.  Having my familiar out does not affect those numbers in any way.
zalipolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:55 PM   #5
Stavenh

Puss will also tank. I've seen it, puss tanked 2 mobs, and the fighter had a heck of a time getting aggro. And Puss lived.
Stavenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 06:35 PM   #6
PontyEar

Loremaster

Sweet, thanks a lot guys, fun is good too. Even if puss acts spontaneously it is still good to have it.. 58 silver sounds kinda crazy, but I can afford it. And do we really have to BUY all ur fun spells?
Old 12-01-2004, 08:15 PM   #7
Jen

I think the familiar goes into combat when it is area attacked. I don't see the purpose in having the assist or attack commands when they don't even work.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:32 AM   #8
SirCopenhag

well soe has this big balance kick going on.

so nothing is ever going to be your actuall hero fantasy desired type game play...where a wizard could have his pet dragon attack and help him out. cause that would take away from the summoner class.   *sighs* oh how fun it would be though.

I actually was hoping to be able to use a sword and wear at least light armor as well.  but if they did what we wanted then everyone would be wizard and nothing else.   so i can kinda see where they are coming from.

but oh how fun it would be can you only imagine?

looks like to satisfy my urge i will have to make a Ranger as well.  I dont really care that much about healing but it would be nice if you could at least get a minor heal potion or something like in alot of the old school RPG's i have played.

lol...that is what i would like to refer to myself as old school rpgist, since I dont really qualify for the "Seasond EQ Player" hehe.

I started rpg's with Dragon Warrior, and I think there was a rpg type game on Atari that i played...well...it wasnt really rpg, but it was the closest thing you could get.  it was kinda like pre-rpg.  lol.   I cant remember the name of it to save my life though...man that was a long time ago.

Then I got Final Fantasy on NES the First one not the hyped up japp anmie ones.  it was really cool at the time too.

The next one I played was Legend of Dragoon, a Sony creation that was pretty cool. haha I am suprised I have not seen any one with a charactor named Dart.  hehe.

Eq strikes me as more of an actual role players game, which I have done a little role playing on MSN too. till they started charging for it.   and I played Utopia some as well.

well none of this actually has anything to do with anything i suppose so I will shut up.   I just like to babble on about stuff from time to time.  lol.

Message Edited by SirCopenhagen on 12-01-2004 05:41 PM

SirCopenhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:01 PM   #9
zyre

I am not sure what they where thinking, but i would have prefered a drake for my familiar. why did they choose a cat? nothing against cats, but drakes are more wizardry.  Also they should be able to cammand them to attack and guard not just follow you around and purr, if i would have known that i would never have bought the spell
zyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:19 PM   #10
Stavenh

Pets don't help with power regen. We really don't need help in that department. Our power heals of all kinds will keep you going.
Stavenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:20 AM   #11
MiniMe102

General

yeah i loved legends of dragoon lol. specially how when you pulled of a special move, how you had to time it right and hit the right keys or else youd fail the move. loved it. never beat it, but loved it.  i should load it back up and give it a try now that my console works again