EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Silzin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Revelations

Loremaster

The Essence of the Matter

-There is not a brawler Forearms among the list of available quest rewords. 

-It would be nice if you specify in the quest dialogue or journal witch instance to go into.

Sleepers Tomb

-this may just be a problem with my 1 year old computer being too out of date, but every time I walked near the first mob in this zone my video card locked up and reset.   this normally happens some with bad terrain geometry but this is so bad I can't get out of it.  this makes these zones unplayable for me for anything.  this may be a teck problem with my pc tho, not sure.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Soresha

Tester

First reaction: Oh no, you again Jorlak? What do you want now? SMILEY

Essence Crystal is not in the tracker window as a quest bauble.

Agree putting the zone name in the quest step would help. I know it's under the current zone heading, but I didn't read that. I guessed A Temporal Leap sounded right for this quest and it wasn't.

Sleeper's Tomb - wow! Nice interior there, very grand looking. At least the first room, that's all I've seen so far.

Skyshine monk merc doesn't withstand the first mobs. Guess it's time to find a real tank and group for this!

Old 09-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Silzin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Revelations

Loremaster

As a monk, using Monk tricks and the use of a Inq merc I was able to see 3 of the named in the zone. this was after turning the graphic down so i could not see the gritty graphic that i was having problems with in my last post. you are able to do any of the 3 named first if you want, this is the same for the raid zone. there was probably at least 2 more named that I couldn’t get to. all of the named had 185 Crit avoidance which sounds on par with the EM SS proration. but the #'s of trash looked to be a bit excessive, it may have just been a lot of linked encounters I was not killing. I was able to consistently kill with a merc the trash but not the first named, good. I also will have to get a group together on this and get some killing done.

Edit: Also the agro range on some of the mobs in this zone seams short.  the drakes, and the things in the hall to the south are fine, but i can walk throw the zone almost without problem at time not getting agroed.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
Twyxx

Guardian

We ran thru the Sleeper's Tomb raid zone last night with 2.5 groups.  Make-up was half Shoukin, half pug.  Killed the two bosses on the left fairly easily, 2 pulls on one, 3 pulls on the other.  Pulled the two on the right once or twice each and got a sense of what the fights entail.  We didn't have time to get to check out the final boss that can be made challenge mode.

Difficulty and loot is equivalent of Skyshrine I'd say.  Any reasonable raid guild will plow thru those first four mobs in one night.  And I'm not sure anyone that has been doing Skyshrine for at least a couple of months will be excited about the loot.  The old war runes from kael/rime are back on the table so that's nice...a good way to get caught up on those if you missed them the first time around.  And the raid apprenctice mats drop more frequently (I think we saw 2-3 drops per boss).  There were small set bonuses on the jewelry items.  I believe you got 1 cb for 2, 3 cb for 3 and like 35 crit chance for four. 

I had tons of lag in there so didn't dare turn my graphics up past extreme performance, but the zone seemed cool looking and the fights, while really easy, were fun.  I like the gargoyle mobs and the short-duration statue curse they have isn't too bad. 

Overall, I'd say the guilds running Skyshrine still will happily add this to their raid schedule for something different.  Guilds deeper into PoW will likely blow thru it mostly to get everyone caught up on war runes and food/drink/potion mats.  Hopefully the final boss has something unique worth going after for guilds have outgrown even the hard mode UD drops.  Or maybe those drops will come from the Avatars.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Geothe

Loremaster

Twyxx wrote:

The old war runes from kael/rime are back on the table so that's nice...a good way to get caught up on those if you missed them the first time around.  And the raid apprenctice mats drop more frequently (I think we saw 2-3 drops per boss). 

That is a decent plus right there.. especially if all the old, unique war runes are on the table.  I'd be more than willing to clear the place 1/2 times a week for gear on par with SS, if it grants access to those old war runes.  Sure as heck beats clearing the old DoV zones, for loot absolutely no one will want for mains or alts, just for a crappy chance at the runes.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
Kuulei

Tester

one of the drops from the named within the zones is a pattern called: Ancient Draconic Phylactery

upon examining it and choosing to consume the pattern, you're randomly awarded either a heroic or fabled tradeskill item.

I was hoping I could choose what I actually needed after winning the pattern, but no.

I think the pattern should be random in the sense you either get a fabled or legendary window popping up.  If you consume the pattern and luck out with a fabled choice and if legendary then a choice of the legendary drops.

I actually got a fabled item from the pattern, but it would be nice if your RNG awards you a fabled, you actually had a choice which one you want.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Geothe wrote:

Twyxx wrote:

The old war runes from kael/rime are back on the table so that's nice...a good way to get caught up on those if you missed them the first time around.  And the raid apprenctice mats drop more frequently (I think we saw 2-3 drops per boss). 

That is a decent plus right there.. especially if all the old, unique war runes are on the table.  I'd be more than willing to clear the place 1/2 times a week for gear on par with SS, if it grants access to those old war runes.  Sure as heck beats clearing the old DoV zones, for loot absolutely no one will want for mains or alts, just for a crappy chance at the runes.

Do any Gear drops have red slots for Runes?  Waist/Cloak/Charm?

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote