EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
Azekah1

Loremaster

What took me so long to come over to PvP...?I can't even remember why I played PvE for so long...(anyone else bored at work?)
Azekah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
Bozidar

Loremaster

oh, i'm bored at work, just not dumb enough to have ever played this for pve reasons SMILEY
Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Azekah1

Loremaster

Well I do have the excuse that someone got me playing and they were on befallen and I didn't even know about pvp SMILEY
Old 08-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
Slow

General

haha welcome to pvp then!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
Norrsken

Loremaster

welcome aboard man. SMILEYand if I happen to kill you I just fell on you and accidantly hit your neck with my axehammer.

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
Bloodfa
Server: Nagafen

General

See, that's what keeps bringing me back every time something stupid happens in-game.  The PvP.  And the people.  Next couple of weeks I'm stuck tradeskilling due to shoulder surgery, but I'm already chomping at the bit.  It's gamers crack. 

Bloodfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
Szerian
Server: Venekor
Guild: Veritas Aequitas

Loremaster

Hahahaha...welcome to pvp....hahahahaah
Szerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
Greggthegrmreapr

Loremaster

I've said i'm done a few times now and just keep logging back in.  I'm crazy like that.

Greggthegrmreapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
piro

Loremaster

PVP is god my most favorite thing about it is that everything thats useless in pve suddenly you cant live without SMILEY
piro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #10
Azekah1

Loremaster

piro wrote:
PVP is god my most favorite thing about it is that everything thats useless in pve suddenly you cant live without SMILEY
So true. Half the stuff I have on my pvp chars I'd never even heard of on PvE lol...(I didn't know what MC was :0 )And it's funny how easy pugs are now. (Usually) everyone is so geared out that mobs are like free candy from a pinata (?)Even if some idiot gets like 10 aggro mobs the group usually doens't wipe. In PvE you get like 1 extra mob and it's all over cuz ppl are walkin around in lvl 10 treasured gear.And I even started crafting to save/make some money which has helped out a bunch.I think I've learned more about this game since starting pvp a month or two ago in the whole 2 years I played in PvE...Sorry Norrsken, I don't think I will be at 80 for a while SMILEY
Old 08-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
Norrsken

Loremaster

Azekah1 wrote:
piro wrote:
So true. Half the stuff I have on my pvp chars I'd never even heard of on PvE lol...(I didn't know what MC was :0 )And it's funny how easy pugs are now. (Usually) everyone is so geared out that mobs are like free candy from a pinata (?)Even if some idiot gets like 10 aggro mobs the group usually doens't wipe. In PvE you get like 1 extra mob and it's all over cuz ppl are walkin around in lvl 10 treasured gear.And I even started crafting to save/make some money which has helped out a bunch.I think I've learned more about this game since starting pvp a month or two ago in the whole 2 years I played in PvE...Sorry Norrsken, I don't think I will be at 80 for a while SMILEY
Hehe, but you can come visit KP some day? SMILEY

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:44 AM   #12
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance

Loremaster

New computer here.. finally.No more "Matrix Mode" to a quick death. Now, I can watch my deaths in real time! XDWelcome to MMO's the way they were meant to be... ^^
Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #13
Nimbrithil

Loremaster

I played PVE,,,only becuase PVP didn't exist yet.

Master Armourer Bubb 32 Zerk/80 Armorer faction

Twinkerhell 80 Shadowknight on Q side

Fupu 66 conji/80 Provi

Lreeza 51 monk/80 Weaponsmith

Knave 51 Ranger/68 Woodworker

Oscarm 80 Defiler/80 Alchy/80 tinker

Lyrilanon 80 Carpenter
Nimbrithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #14
Azekah1

Loremaster

Wohoo...got champion on my swashy last night...Then lost it...Then got it back againBut life is easy for a swashy at 34 : )
Old 08-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #15
sokil

Loremaster

I came back to EQ2 for the pvp and never looked back. The fury I was in AB would be laughed out of a group on any pvp server. Adept 1s if I was lucky and seldom upgraded my gear and nobody cared. Although I competely suck at pvp I would have quit the game a long time ago without it. I still cannot understand why anyone would play pve only. Some I knew  have come over but they never stay.. they run back to pve. Strange. perhaps some monk kicked them in the head and they forgot they were on a pvp server.
sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #16
Ridyen

General

PVP forever.  Only played PVE games until EQ2 PVP came out.  It seems so safe (boring) whenever I visit the PVE server.  I rarely go back to even visit old friends now.  They always ask if I''m back to stay.  They are a great bunch of folks I just hate telling them no. 

There are a lot of folks though that just can't seem to take the stress of dieing on the PVP server.  I mean it was like a sin or something to die on the PVE server so they just can't make the transition.