EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 01:50 AM   #1
JackBurtonBTLC

Loremaster

Says it all

What is the best solo character for leveling 1 to 80 with least amount of troubles? (don't have to have uber gear, adept 3's etc.. to do well).

JackBurtonBTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:09 AM   #2
Szerian
Server: Venekor
Guild: Veritas Aequitas

Loremaster

Without tons of adept 3's and mastercrafted armor, I'd say Shadowknights are pretty good, nice survivability, okay dps, good for leveling up solo.Of course, it's really a matter of opinion, any class can solo all the way to 80, some might just take a bit longer
Szerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:36 AM   #3
Oh

General

JackBurtonBTLC wrote:

Says it all

What is the best solo character for leveling 1 to 80 with least amount of troubles? (don't have to have uber gear, adept 3's etc.. to do well).

ANY character can solo from 1 to 80. THe better question would be what do you like to play? That class you like to play will level much easier then any other class, it will have less problems then any other class, and overall you will have the most fun with it. So seriously stop trying to find an EZMODE thingie and just get your hands dirty and start playing. SMILEY you can't choose wrong if your having fun.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
WeatherMan

Loremaster

While I agree with what's been said, I have found the most solo-friendly class, to date, has been the brawler.  Namely, monks and bruisers.  As long as you know what you're doing, you won't have to even turn a thought to Adept III's or better until you're in the top tier, and by that time, provided you've been harvesting (and gathering shinies) as you go (maybe even tradeskilling), and utilizing/playing the market, you should have all the rares you need.  Getting an Alchemist friend to toss an Apprentice IV your way now and again is more than adequate (particularly if you supply the materials and fuel and they get Tradeskill XP for doing so).When I play a brawler, my tradeskill choices, in order, are:1) Tailor.  Leather armor.  If you can make your own, you're set.  Even the Handcrafted versions will do until something better arrives.  You are also able to make your own packs - always a plus.  Plus packs and certain garments are big sellers.  Usually.2) Woodworker.  Batons, in my opinion, are some of the better brawler weapons.  Like leather armor, even the Handcrafted ones work well - and if you get the recipes and rares for Mastercrafted on your own, so much the better - imbued MC batons are among the best available.  Others may differ on the importance of a woodworker - the decision is yours.3) Alchemist.  Combat Arts, obviously, although this takes a back seat - I would recommend this only if you have access to a tailor and woodworker already. On the upside, provided you harvest consistently, you will always have Apprentice IV's, which really aren't that much of a step down from Adept 1's - to say nothing of the occasional Adept III if you have the tradeskill recipe for it.I know you didn't specify any tradeskill information, but its always handy to have.Also, while monks and bruisers are superb solo artists, and can group very well, raids are a different matter.  If you don't care about raids, everything's peachy.  But if this does interest you sometime along the way, be warned: monks occasionally get an invite due to some of the group buffs they offer, but only if someone can't get their tenth healer along on the raid.  Bruisers, while devastating combatants in solo play, are the b*stard stepchildren of the raiding world - never expect to raid with a bruiser.My two drachmas, for what they're worth.

- Charles De Gaulle
WeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Faelgalad

Loremaster

Under the cost efficency aspect.

1. Necro/Conjuror

Build in Tank Pet, damage class. You will need the Tankpet and pet defensive stance on A3 to make your life easier.

2. Illusionist/Coercer

More difficult to play, lesser quality pet, but better root/stun/mezz ability. Also Damage class. Real pro is, you will have an easier time finding an Raidcom. Rarer classes.

3. Melee

For Melee, I would take Monk/Bruiser, reason, high damage, feign death to escape troublesome mistakes. You will need weapons and armor from rare materials. But leather and wood rare are rather cheap.

Secondary choice, Swashbuckler/Brigant/Assassin, high Damage, Stealth, Tracking and Evac. Use rare leather armor until level 52, and mastercrafted 4sec. Weapons.

Faelgalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
BiggiEQ2

Loremaster

brigand improved viality breach and great stuns chops anythign and everythign down does it fast too
BiggiEQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
Dannan

Loremaster

Best solo class... hands down a necro with a tank pet and the tainted heals AA.

This gives the necro druid level healing for their pet.