EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
Vaeine

Loremaster

It sure would be nice if they could change the illegal target issue when trying to cast a heal on yourself while you have an opposite faction targeted and you havent entered combat yet.

With an npc targeted you can fire up reactives first thing all you want but when targeting in pvp you get illegal target this gets to be an issue at times and really hope that they can fix it.

Vaeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
Chanah
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

whats a pvp

-=Redemption=-

Chanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
idropdimes

Loremaster

easier to set up a macro that casts the spell on yourself regardless of what/who your targetting. As far as pvp goes if you try to tgt thru the "Q" it will cast on who that Q is targeting which may or may not be you.  Hope that helps, i use it on my infernal pact all the time

idropdimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #4
Darman81

Loremaster

Yep, just right click on your reactive and create a macro with your name in it as the target!

Everytime you hit the key it will cast on you! This is a must have on a PVP server!

I have one key for whomever I click on and one key for me.

THis isnt a bug its basically taunts that are designed to work this way!

Darman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
Szerian
Server: Venekor
Guild: Veritas Aequitas

Loremaster

Vaeine wrote:

It sure would be nice if they could change the illegal target issue when trying to cast a heal on yourself while you have an opposite faction targeted and you havent entered combat yet.

With an npc targeted you can fire up reactives first thing all you want but when targeting in pvp you get illegal target this gets to be an issue at times and really hope that they can fix it.

This is not a bug at all, in pvp opposite players are treated not treated as mobs prior to combat. when it comes to targeting and casting through them onto an implied target, you will get an "Illegal Target" message when they don't have you (or an ally) targeted.  It may always seem like they do have you targeted, because the only way to see an enemies implied target prior to engaging combat is to /assist, but in fact they may not have you targeted at all SMILEY
Szerian is offline   Reply With Quote