EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
Fendaria

Loremaster
Fendaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 296
Default

I am feeling very disheartened right now.

When are we going to get some new real character advancement?

  • New spells
  • New AAs ( not just more points for existing ones )
  • New levels

( Granted I've heard that they can't increase the level cap over 90 because of how EQ2 was designed...which really just leaves us with new AAs )

The last expansion gave us 20 more AA points.  I was very dissapointed with how this was done and implemented.  Additionally, on my toon, these AAs really did nothing for him.

I haven't seen anything announced or mentioning this for the next big update.  We are getting new zones and quests, but nothing new for character advancement?  My toon is at 90/320; give me a reason to want to go through those new quest lines.

Fendaria

Fendaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
DamselInDistress

Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 510
Default

To be honest more levels is a big mistake. More levels does not mean progression.

Leveling alts is always a drag the more levels you have to go through.

More AA is pointless when the existing system is so borked.

There are many things that should be done and could be done to improve the game. SOE chose to kill it instead though.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
LilNut

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 77
Default

DamselInDistress wrote:

To be honest more levels is a big mistake. More levels does not mean progression.

Leveling alts is always a drag the more levels you have to go through.

More AA is pointless when the existing system is so borked.

There are many things that should be done and could be done to improve the game. SOE chose to kill it instead though.

this is truth. eq2 will begin the descent to where eq1 is currently at. reduction in population til all there is is one server of stubborn die hards that refuse to move on to eqn. that is assuming of course that they are successful with their launch of eqn (hope you learned to advertise from your big booboo with the launch of eq2 soe) and is also assuming that soe and sony in general does not just collapse as from what iv read on the internet that company is not in good shape at all.

LilNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Geothe

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,098
Default

Fendaria wrote:

I am feeling very disheartened right now.

When are we going to get some new real character advancement?

  • New spells
  • New AAs ( not just more points for existing ones )
  • New levels

( Granted I've heard that they can't increase the level cap over 90 because of how EQ2 was designed...which really just leaves us with new AAs )

The last expansion gave us 20 more AA points.  I was very dissapointed with how this was done and implemented.  Additionally, on my toon, these AAs really did nothing for him.

I haven't seen anything announced or mentioning this for the next big update.  We are getting new zones and quests, but nothing new for character advancement?  My toon is at 90/320; give me a reason to want to go through those new quest lines.

Fendaria

Apparently in 1 month:

Destiny of Velious Content Updates Include: *

  • Level cap raised to 92
  • Earn prestige class talents to build the power of your character
__________________
Smed: We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Banditman

Loremaster
Banditman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,459
Default

Geothe wrote:

Apparently in 1 month:

Destiny of Velious Content Updates Include: *

  • Level cap raised to 92
  • Earn prestige class talents to build the power of your character

Where is this information coming from?

__________________
Banditman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
Geothe

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,098
Default

GU63 announcement posted just a bit ago.Community News Section i believe?

__________________
Smed: We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster
CoLD MeTaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,217
Default

Banditman wrote:

Geothe wrote:

Apparently in 1 month:

Destiny of Velious Content Updates Include: *

  • Level cap raised to 92
  • Earn prestige class talents to build the power of your character

Where is this information coming from?

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=515981

__________________


CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
LardLord

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,515
Default

Pretty awesome how the GU63 announcement comes 15 minutes after this thread is started.  Fandaria must be one of Smokey's alt accounts

LardLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
Nrgy

Lord
Nrgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,338
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Pretty awesome how the GU63 announcement comes 15 minutes after this thread is started.  Fandaria must be one of Smokey's alt accounts

This was at least the second thread looking for GU63 information started today alone, although this one was much more clear and forth coming whilew the other was just whinning about not getting any info on patch notes.

Nrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #10
Blissa2362

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 137
Default

Geothe wrote:

Fendaria wrote:

I am feeling very disheartened right now.

When are we going to get some new real character advancement?

  • New spells
  • New AAs ( not just more points for existing ones )
  • New levels

( Granted I've heard that they can't increase the level cap over 90 because of how EQ2 was designed...which really just leaves us with new AAs )

The last expansion gave us 20 more AA points.  I was very dissapointed with how this was done and implemented.  Additionally, on my toon, these AAs really did nothing for him.

I haven't seen anything announced or mentioning this for the next big update.  We are getting new zones and quests, but nothing new for character advancement?  My toon is at 90/320; give me a reason to want to go through those new quest lines.

Fendaria

Apparently in 1 month:

Destiny of Velious Content Updates Include: *

  • Level cap raised to 92
  • Earn prestige class talents to build the power of your character

Level 92 please! The only reason why they are throwing in any kind of advancement is because the whole EQ2 player base is ready to rage quit! SOE is taking the very same steps SE took with FFXI and that game is now a ghost town. Expect no less from EQ2!

Blissa2362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
Landiin

Loremaster
Landiin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,749
Default

  • Earn prestige class talents to build the power of your character

Be afraid be very afferent!

__________________
Landiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
Ruut Li

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 561
Default

Geothe wrote:

Fendaria wrote:

I am feeling very disheartened right now.

When are we going to get some new real character advancement?

  • New spells
  • New AAs ( not just more points for existing ones )
  • New levels

( Granted I've heard that they can't increase the level cap over 90 because of how EQ2 was designed...which really just leaves us with new AAs )

The last expansion gave us 20 more AA points.  I was very dissapointed with how this was done and implemented.  Additionally, on my toon, these AAs really did nothing for him.

I haven't seen anything announced or mentioning this for the next big update.  We are getting new zones and quests, but nothing new for character advancement?  My toon is at 90/320; give me a reason to want to go through those new quest lines.

Fendaria

Apparently in 1 month:

Destiny of Velious Content Updates Include: *

  • Level cap raised to 92
  • Earn prestige class talents to build the power of your character

Too late! /shrug

Ruut Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #13
Nrgy

Lord
Nrgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,338
Default

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Level 92 please! The only reason why they are throwing in any kind of advancement is because the whole EQ2 player base is ready to rage quit! SOE is taking the very same steps SE took with FFXI and that game is now a ghost town. Expect no less from EQ2!

Why raise the cap more than 2 levels?   Honestly?  There is a huge majority of the player base that has not completed either the Lv90 Heroic (D3) or Raiding (Vallon's HM) content.  Raising the cap by 5 would make that content ridiculously easy and raising the cap by 10 would make it obsolete. 

Raising it by 2 allows for, wait for it, ... here it comes ... Progression (Boom!).  Even though it could be considered a slap-in-the-face for the HM raiders now, but it's better than a instance nerf IMO.  Those players that have completed L90 cap content can move forward and those that have not completed L90 cap content get a mulligan and make it a little easier or skip it.

New content means new gear that we can at least for now assume is better than the Lv90 gear.  New spells, which we can assume will be copies of 81 & 82 spell tiers, until we hear differently.  Some type of "talent" thingy, that can be considered some type of AA system, but doubtfully connected.  New Trade Skill recipes, which means new master crafted gear.   We can also assume new faction and faction merchants with new adornments and faction gear.

When you think about everything that is in play with Cap +2 and new Heroics/Raids that will not destroy the old Heroics/Raids, some people might have a different outlook on advancement.

Nrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:50 AM   #14
Deago

Loremaster
Deago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 625
Default

I want new pets at 92...or some talent at 92 for summoner pets

Give necro ability at 92 called "evil dead" and well...just think of the easter eggs in that one

Tank pet whips out a chainsaw (tinkered via gnomes for you lore folks...mmk) and says "groovy"...SMILEY

__________________
Hello fellow EQ2 gamers!
Deago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:27 AM   #15
Golbezz

Loremaster
Golbezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 601
Default

Nrgy wrote:

Raising it by 2 allows for, wait for it, ... here it comes ... Progression (Boom!).  Even though it could be considered a slap-in-the-face for the HM raiders now, but it's better than a instance nerf IMO.  Those players that have completed L90 cap content can move forward and those that have not completed L90 cap content get a mulligan and make it a little easier or skip it.

I think like you say progression is the reason, however I don't think raiders who are for example only able to complete EM x4 DoV would be able to skip all the rest of HM DoV and both versions of drunder and have any real chance of breaking into the new x4 content.

It seems the logical approach would be delaying entry to the new content by essentially requiring minimum gear from the previous content to keep the majority of raiders from clearing the new content too fast. This would keep existing content from becoming obsolete. I'm not sure the levels will make much difference for many guilds since I think the less hardcore raiders get stopped by strat execution checks rather than gear checks.

The other reason I think it might happen this way: SC card sales are helped by loot right sales and if the old content gear was no longer desired as upgrades (as in solo quest or group instance gear being better) it might cause a slowdown in the number of SC cards that were purchased to be exchanged for plat which was then used by non-raiders to buy loot rights to gear they have no chance of getting by doing the raids to get the drop. With the top raiders gearing up with the new gear not much would be sold in the short term but if the old content gear was still needed to break into the new content many guilds would farm it on non-raid nights to sell. SOE can't deny that SLR is good for the sale of SC cards.

Golbezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:42 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.