EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #61
Azekah1

Loremaster

I meant perma locking (if there was no pvp exp)... I am currenty xp locked.
Azekah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #62
Proeka
Server: Nagafen

General

Azekah1 wrote:

The diaspora's hope is that the game masters will make pvp exp optional in a soon to arrive patch.

Fun is just around the corner

Proeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #63
PhantomOperaGhost

Scholar

[email protected] wrote:
Azekah1 wrote:

The diaspora's hope is that the game masters will make pvp exp optional in a soon to arrive patch.

If you wanna be level 20 permanently why not play guildwars? Sry just kidding couldn´t resist.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #64
Szerian
Server: Venekor
Guild: Veritas Aequitas

Loremaster

hahahapwnt
Szerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #65
Proeka

General

PhantomOperaGhost wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Azekah1 wrote:

If you wanna be level 20 permanently why not play guildwars? Sry just kidding couldn´t resist.
I am somewhat green to the overall totality of the mmo scene.    What is guildwars?
Old 07-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #66
Proeka

General

The following are some ideas for the protection of new players from the predation of PVPexperience locked players when that particular feature arrives. They are not my ideas, but it would have been dissapointing to have these thoughtful suggestions disappear. TerminalEyesore wrote: Well, if you're wanting something simple, why not just make anyone on your recent kill list that is lower level than you grey out and become unattackable till they go off your list. Tamon wrote: Although it's not a new idea, I'd suggest increasing the PvP lvl range for zones close to starting cities. This increase PvP range would only be one way so, in zones next to Qeynos, Qeynosians would be able to attack much lower lvl enemies. In Qeynos and the T1 zones, make it unlimited (ie. lvl 80 Qs could kill any lvl of enemy). In Antonica, Qs could attack enemies 30 lvls lower. Players from Freeport could do the same in Freeport and the Commonlands. This would give the added feeling of defending your land. MC-ed/Fabled T2 level lockers could head out to fight each other in Nek Forest or the Steppes if they want to avoid being ganked. Or they could stay in the T2 zones ganking new players...and risk being treated the same. This would be extremely simple to code
Old 07-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #67
Buttcliffe

Loremaster

it's a PVP server.  why are bubble-wrapping the entire game lately?  cut these newbs off their child-leash at 25 and turn pvp xp off
Buttcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #68
zorbdan

Loremaster

I think a functional mentoring system is the answer
Old 09-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #69
Kurindor_Mythecnea

Loremaster

zorbdan wrote:
I think a functional mentoring system is the answer
It very well may be the answer for the lazy, those who are unwilling to commit the time to accrue the quality gear in each respective tier, on alternative characters. But tbh, it's thinking like that that has contributed to the decline of zone population since the nerf to PvP locking. Woot! Attack low tier content even more! Albeit, I doubt such was done intentionally, on your part, but something to consider. =]

Kurindor_Mythecnea is offline   Reply With Quote