EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
Trojenn
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

This is just a continuation of the Items and Equipment thread on the GU47 Update.. It seems to me that the Devs are no longer reading that section so since this just hit Test maybe they are watching over here...

Now, why the swashbucklers never got a reply to why they wouldn't and havn't changed our mythical is still a mystery to me. And taking our Rouge Counter parts and giving them a useless proc is just plain disheartning. Please quit taking away from the Rouges and try to give us something we like.

Trojenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
Hummelch

General

Please compare the Rogue mythical with the assassin one. Is it really supposed to be like that? Assassin get the coolest thing ever and brigs and swashies get the shaft?5 % re-use time as a PROC for the brigand mythical ? Not even 5 % permanent re-use speed would be anywhere mythical.Sorry Aeralik, you failed on this one SMILEY
Hummelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
Szerian
Server: Venekor
Guild: Veritas Aequitas

Loremaster

Lol Darkor, I feel for you on this one as an inquisitor, even though you always kill me anyways xD
Szerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
Katanalla
Server: Mistmoore

General

Could rogues please stop being ignored and get a mythical worth more then a steamy pile of uhh...... fudge....
Katanalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
Szerian
Server: Venekor
Guild: Veritas Aequitas

Loremaster

Rogue mythicals are worth a steaming pile of Inquisitor mythicals tbh ^^
Szerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
Wrapye

Loremaster

So the concentration cost for Possess Essence is removed with the mythical Coercer epic.  However, one cannot have a mob charmed and have a Possess Essence copy of something at the same time.  When you have one, the other ability is darkened out and unusable.  It has been suggested that Charm and PE are complementary - that you use PE when you can't use charm.  If that is the case, then the concentration of both Charm and PE should be removed with the mythical.  If that is perceived as being too much, be my guest and remove the proc that gives 20% mana use reduction for 12 seconds.  It hasn't been working anyway, so it won't be missed.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:56 PM   #7
TsarRasput

General

Saying the same thing 657 times in a row doesn't make it happen. You've made your request, over and over, you're not helping your position asking the same thing again and again.  It will happen or it won't.  You could try CIVIL-ly private messaging some of the devs about it, there are better avenues to go about it than repeating the same thing over and over.  In the end, it will change or it won't. Repeated complaining about it doesn't benefit anyone, it doesn't make the developers want to help you more.  Make your request, thoroughly and explicitly, then allow the developers decide if a change is necessary, but that's all you can ask for.

Antonia Bayle
TsarRasput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Hummelch

General

TsarRasputin wrote:
Saying the same thing 657 times in a row doesn't make it happen. You've made your request, over and over, you're not helping your position asking the same thing again and again. It will happen or it won't. You could try CIVIL-ly private messaging some of the devs about it, there are better avenues to go about it than repeating the same thing over and over. In the end, it will change or it won't. Repeated complaining about it doesn't benefit anyone, it doesn't make the developers want to help you more. Make your request, thoroughly and explicitly, then allow the developers decide if a change is necessary, but that's all you can ask for.
Im sure your happy with your wizards mythical. What would you say, when they removed your PERMANENT 10 % double cast chance and turn it into a useless 5 % double cast chanc PROC.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #9
Jida

Fansite Staff

Hummelchen wrote:
TsarRasputin wrote:
Saying the same thing 657 times in a row doesn't make it happen. You've made your request, over and over, you're not helping your position asking the same thing again and again. It will happen or it won't. You could try CIVIL-ly private messaging some of the devs about it, there are better avenues to go about it than repeating the same thing over and over. In the end, it will change or it won't. Repeated complaining about it doesn't benefit anyone, it doesn't make the developers want to help you more. Make your request, thoroughly and explicitly, then allow the developers decide if a change is necessary, but that's all you can ask for.
Im sure your happy with your wizards mythical. What would you say, when they removed your PERMANENT 10 % double cast chance and turn it into a useless 5 % double cast chanc PROC.
Wow, Hummelchen... nice analogy!But its a 10% on mythical proc SMILEY (noted by a dev already)
Old 07-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #10
Bright_Morn

Loremaster

[hijack]Not this has much to do with anything, but is double attack scaled like crit and spell double attack by the mob level you are fighting?[/hijack]
Old 07-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #11
TsarRasput

General

Hummelchen wrote:
TsarRasputin wrote:
Yay lets not even read what I wrote and just attack me because I play a wizard SMILEY........ My response was to the OP who doesn't seem to get that repeating your problems with your class's mythical ad nausem gets old.  I have no problem with wanting something different, but complaining incessantly about it, doesn't gain anything.  Personally I think both Rogue Mythicals are somewhat underwhelming, and I'd love to see them both changed some, but ultimately it gets old when you've heard it many many times.  And to answer your question, yeah I'd be upset if that changed on mine, but I'd find a better way to deal with it than just repeating myself.

Antonia Bayle
Old 07-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #12
Hummelch

General

Yeah and now read what i said. I asked a question sir, what you would make? let the dev destroy your mythical ? I wanna see that!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #13
TsarRasput

General

Hummelchen wrote:
Yeah and now read what i said. I asked a question sir, what you would make? let the dev destroy your mythical ? I wanna see that!
I'm really not sure what you're asking me?  what would I make? your question doesn't make sense, do you mean how would I change mine?  Do you mean how would I change yours?  This is a new question, I answered your earlier one, I would make my case but I wouldn't repeat myself ad nausem.  Can you explain to me what you're asking me now? I'm not even sure if you're a brigand or swash, because there are no hummelchen swashies or brigands on players....

Antonia Bayle
Old 07-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #14
AegisCrown

Loremaster

TsarRasputin wrote:
Hummelchen wrote:
TsarRasputin wrote:
Yay lets not even read what I wrote and just attack me because I play a wizard SMILEY........ My response was to the OP who doesn't seem to get that repeating your problems with your class's mythical ad nausem gets old. I have no problem with wanting something different, but complaining incessantly about it, doesn't gain anything. Personally I think both Rogue Mythicals are somewhat underwhelming, and I'd love to see them both changed some, but ultimately it gets old when you've heard it many many times. And to answer your question, yeah I'd be upset if that changed on mine, but I'd find a better way to deal with it than just repeating myself.
vexyus the problem is weve tried that avenue ive personally pmed several devs about the issue, i got 1 response once saying hell pass my concerns to the right people everyone else has ignored my pleas which have been civil and thought out.

EQ2 Flames - Swashbuckler
AegisCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
Trojenn
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

TsarRasputin wrote:
Hummelchen wrote:
TsarRasputin wrote:

Yay lets not even read what I wrote and just attack me because I play a wizard SMILEY........ My response was to the OP who doesn't seem to get that repeating your problems with your class's mythical ad nausem gets old.  I have no problem with wanting something different, but complaining incessantly about it, doesn't gain anything.  Personally I think both Rogue Mythicals are somewhat underwhelming, and I'd love to see them both changed some, but ultimately it gets old when you've heard it many many times.  And to answer your question, yeah I'd be upset if that changed on mine, but I'd find a better way to deal with it than just repeating myself.

Well first off lets clarify something, here of recent the only way Swashbucklers have gotten anything looked at was by constant posts : threads : and replys ( Sleight of Hand... anyone ) <-- How many threads were created to get them to look into this spell. How many posts on how many different sections did this Spell get put on. They after 3-4 Months of continuouse posts finaly looked back into it. However it may not be exactly what we wanted atleast its better now then it was the first time they " fixed "... Point I am making here is repeating ourselfs constantly has worked in the past. I will continue to post repost and start new threads untill they look into Rouge Mythicals. And telling us to try a different approach.. well we have tried NUMEROUSE times and well as you can see, still nothing. All we are simply asking is for a reply saying something in regards as to why nothing is being done about it. Hell, I think I may speak for most of us when I say that we would settle for a simple " Shut the **** up. We don't care, its not getting changed. " 

Trojenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:15 AM   #16
rabbitfoofoo

Loremaster

Sorry to be redundant - but the end game raiding furies are not a happy bunch at the moment so I am going to say this twice:This mythical change does not do much for a fury that would have the weapon, a RAID fury, at all. The target audience for this weapon is raid furys.

MANY raiding furies have lost their spot in the mage group to inquisitors or other healers because we no longer offer much benefit to a raid force.

Think about lightning bolt, which is usually 25% of my raid dps. the int bonus will add 100 to a spell that does an average of 3500 damage. you are adding .02% damage if the fury has an average of 1000 intelligence, just for round numbers. This is not significant.

What did raid furies loose in ROK?

We have historically been the healer for the mage group because mages love intelligence and we buff intelligence. But no mage in a mythically equiped raid force is not already at the intelligence cap. so we have lost our usefullness because of that. And with spells out there like fanatacizm, why have a fury who does not increase your dps when you can have an inquisitor that does?

A guild that has mythicals for all its members does not need more than 6-7 healers on a raid. So with a full roster, the end game raid guilds look at raid spots very closely. with the best gear, who will do the most for the raid with the 24 spots we have?

80% of the damage, outside AOEs, is on the main tank. Furies offer the main tank group absolutely nothing, same for the off tank group. Good tanks dont loose agro. So as long as a healer can heal through aoes, the healing part is done. so furies are fast healers. but if there are no real "emergencies", and when someone gets agro who is not tank buffed and/or warded well, they probably are one shotted anyways. or the healers are healing through the mob so all the healers can bail them out anyways.

So all thats left are the two spots in the two dps groups. and the mages, hands down, don't get more use out of us than an inquisitor. so there goes the mage group. and the mele dps group? fae flames is just not that exciting. Feral only helps one person. Other healer classes offer much more in a mele dps group in return for the raid spot.

To have a spot in the raid for end game raiding, if we aren't useful for the tank groups, we need to be useful in the dps groups. But when compared to other healers, we just arent that useful anymore.

The mythical could fix this. here are two ways it could be useful...

1. make the 10% of int damage bonus group wide.2. make the weapon turn feral into a group buff.

If not, you are basically pushing the fury class out of end game raiding altogether. I've been raiding as a fury since labs trash runs at lvl 55 a few years ago. now, the equipment and abilities you have given other raiders are pushing furies out of the ideal raid set up. Please take this opportunity to save the raid seats we used to have that you basically gave to the inquisitors with the changes to the game over time.

rabbitfoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #17
lazlo1

Loremaster

woops wrong thread moved to brigand epic thread
lazlo1 is offline   Reply With Quote