EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #331
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

lol, thx, dread and flame, it passed 20 pages mark now, LOL!

speaking of sub? are they "Yellow"? last i saw those Beatles in that movie, "Yellow Submarine" animation format.

my wishlist house zone adding and some favs on Tock's list

1. Cave with twisty tunnels to other rooms.

2. planar landscape similar to "Building the Portal" FS's crafting void zone.

3. master house zone 10-12 rooms and yard (Unrest Estates) for 90 lvl characters.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #332
Anestacia

Loremaster

EQ2 also is getting the Double exp as well so even people that dont want to spend money on Station Cash should still be happy.  It seems everytime the servers go down for more than an hour people start crying refund.  The servers havent even been down half a day so a refund would equal roughly .25 cents considering for 30 days you pay $15.  All MMOs have downtime and some (even the big name one) have much longer downtimes at times.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #333
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

lol i Vote start the Double EXP when teh servers come up and end it on Sunday lol

I vote for this but end on Monday and it would work for me I"m away from my computer all this weekend LOL

Old 04-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #334
Vitriol
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Knights of the White Shield

Loremaster

khiahh wrote:

EU should be sleeping about now anyway and when they wake up servers will be up.

Sorry, what?  It's 9.30 PM.  It's the middle of our usual raid time.

Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #335
vdpruett

Elder

Demanding doesn't get anyone anywhere.  SoE is large enough that demands and complaints are pretty much useless.  It's much like being a flea kicking an elephant's ankle.  

vdpruett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #336
Amarisa
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Elemental Redemption

Loremaster

vdpruett wrote:

Demanding doesn't get anyone anywhere.  SoE is large enough that demands and complaints are pretty much useless.  It's much like being a flea kicking an elephant's ankle.  

say it isn't so? 

Amarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #337
vdpruett

Elder

It isn't so.  ~grins~

Old 04-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #338
Stangscat

Loremaster

Can I just say...all I can see is moaning and groaning on this thread and want to say something good for SOE and this game.

I suffered a stroke at a young age (18 months ago) and they said I would never regain use of my right side (arm and hand included) much less be able to comprehend words or communications. Then someone introduced me to EQ2. All I can say is that after playing the game for hours every day and the people in my guild being there for me, I not only have full use of my hand and arm again through the physio of playing but can now understand communications again and even back at work..yey..so from someone that was looking at a life of hell I THANK THE GAME TEAM for all their hard work and don't mind it if I have a bit of down time now and then.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK xxxxxx

Old 04-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #339
Zuiya

Loremaster

ok there is an update going on.Permafrost is shown as up on the server status.

I Cant log into Permafrost..Am I missing something?

When you do updates can you please make the server status to be correct?

Zuiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #340
Anestacia

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

khiahh wrote:

EU should be sleeping about now anyway and when they wake up servers will be up.

Sorry, what?  It's 9.30 PM.  It's the middle of our usual raid time.

Besides that, a good lesson is to NEVER tell people when they should be doing a certain activity like sleeping.  Im in the US and know people that stay up at all times of the night so to assume Europe has a mandatory bed time is out of line.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #341
huhahee

Loremaster

we are over 6 1/2 hours I think we deserve another update from a Dev. I mean if you estimate 2-3 hours then I assume that you tested this in a virtual test enviroment. Why not say 12 hours and then we will be happy with 8 hours instead.

huhahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #342
1jesse1

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Pikila wrote:

While i respect the job that you do Amnerys (personally i couldn't handle customer relations), to put it bluntly you can expect to flick your customers the bird and then expect not to get it back, overall with regards to this update the communcation from your dev team (i understand you just pass messages along) have been below woeful, which to be honest is what most of us expect these days.

As an aside if i were to take down my customers services (we run SaaS ) without prior warning and then were incompetent enough to blow our eta by double the amount we had said i would shortly find myself without a job.

Just wish communication had been better. 

But you forget, there are so many blind fanbois in these threads that actual accountability to perform customer service has gone out the window years ago. This will only take 3 hours wait no I meant 6!!! And when anyone wants to stand up and say "hey, I think u guys could do a better job communicating" the trolls come out in droves to say "You jerk go outside, programming is hard".  Well guess what. There is still a large number of subscribers that expect some level of  professionalism from the company they give their money to.

The customer service hasn't gone out the window, it's your apparent expectation of what customer service is that has gone through the roof. They are being absolutely professional here, and if you read your EULA they are providing the service you pay for in a manner you agreed to when you signed up. But suddenly there's the shrill cry from angry gamers OMG I DIDNT GET TO PLAY FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS GIMME FREE STUFF OR YOUR TERRIBLE. Where does that come from? Do you count the fries in your happy meal? Do you time the life of your lightbulbs to make sure you're getting maximum usage? And then do you go on a tirade when these things aren't to your specifics? Honestly the people who complain the loudest about how anyone else does their jobs, are the people who have the most unrealistic expectations and least amount of experience. I'm done feeding the trolls.

Hi, customer service and IT at SoE are both a joke. I didn't ask for free stuff. I asked for people to get better at their jobs. Thats not an unrealistic request.

Things take time. People in IT know they take time and can thus give the custumer an acurate time table when performing work. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way. Maybe if more people did, then SoE would change their tactics and quit jerking the customer around. 

Two things could have made less customers pist off. 

1. Prior notice.

2. Realistic time table.

1jesse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #343
Ceath

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I am grateful that we're getting this update, but I am really sad to see such negativity and slur against anything SOE does Maybe it would have been better if the thread had been locked. Its no longer about 'lengthy update' its about what gripes can be pulled at. So sad. Oh well. Humans will be that way Thanks anyway Smoke and the other Dev's for the update. Its ten times more then any other game ever did for me, and I personally appreciate it. Rarely does the SR Producer of a game come out and talk or discuss matters with players of a game. Hope everyone enjoys their day! Look forward to the good times!

I couldn't agree more! I just wish people would remember that there's real people working on this, and it probably isn't a very nice feeling when everyone get mad at you for messing up, I'm sure they're working very hard to fix the problem. Sure we pay them, and some better communication would be nice, but some decency wouldn't hurt.

I for one am happy for the update we're getting, and don't mind waiting a bit longer for it.

Thanks for a great game!

Ceath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #344
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

SERVER STATUS:

All servers are up except forAntonia Bayle (is locked.)ButcherblockEverfrost (is locked.)NagafenSplitpawThe BazaarUnrestValorVoxSebilis (is locked.)

they should add Guk as (is Locked) I just tried to log in and AB and Guk are locked according to my Character select screen

Old 04-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #345
Crewzer

Loremaster

Yeah, cause demanding things from SOE has always worked out well for us in the past.

Crewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #346
vdpruett

Elder

I personally think that in light of today's oversight.... 3 things should happen:

1. SoE should NEVER promise an ETA of servers up...ever again.  (3 hours becoming 6 no longer a problem)

2. The "make it right plan" should extend across the entire weekend to give fair treatment to European players

3. Baby oil should be offered on the marketplace because that was just funny as hell.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #347
Galtavok

Guardian

A few comments I'd like to make, allthough I'm sure they'll get drowned out in the 22 pages of rage (and a few positive posts).

- First, I'd like to applaud the housing change. Not that I care much about it. Its unlikely I'll be getting a second, third or tenth house. I applaud it for the simple fact that SOE puts resources and great effort into keeping this game a broader and deeper experience than any other MMORPG.

It's not just raiding. It's not just hack and slash. It has tons of other stuff to do, more so than any other game out there. I love it. Way to go SOE, and keep on doing what you're doing.

I may not care for the possibility to have 10 houses but I love the housing system in itself, the collections, the amazing guild system, the heritage quests, the crafting system, the skill-based approach, the separate AA and tradeksill lvls, the hundreds of dungeons and instance, etc, etc. You're doing great work here.

- Secondly, it really annoys me that long downtimes on European servers are scheduled during European peak-hours. It kills all my gaming time. If I was playing on a US server I wouldnt be annoyed, but I don't and I think I pay just as much (or more) than US customers. Smokejumper makes a valid point, that for big changes that fex includes database changes, it poses great difficulty to pull it off outside US office hours. However, this does not change the fact that it annoys the hell out of me and we should be compensated for those very, very few times when it's absolutely necesary.

Galtavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #348
Khiah
Server: Vox
Guild: Unleashed

Loremaster

Stangscat wrote:

Can I just say...all I can see is moaning and groaning on this thread and want to say something good for SOE and this game.

I suffered a stroke at a young age (18 months ago) and they said I would never regain use of my right side (arm and hand included) much less be able to comprehend words or communications. Then someone introduced me to EQ2. All I can say is that after playing the game for hours every day and the people in my guild being there for me, I not only have full use of my hand and arm again through the physio of playing but can now understand communications again and even back at work..yey..so from someone that was looking at a life of hell I THANK THE GAME TEAM for all their hard work and don't mind it if I have a bit of down time now and then.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK xxxxxx

Congrats to you! Honestly you are one heck of a strong person dont just congrat SOE congrats yourself you did it.. you did what they said you couldnt!

Old 04-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #349
Flamewi
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Gathering Shadows

General

People keep saying 22+ pages of...

There's only 7 omg You gotta fix your ability to view posts

Flamewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #350
Eileah

Loremaster

But you forget, there are so many blind fanbois in these threads that actual accountability to perform customer service has gone out the window years ago. This will only take 3 hours wait no I meant 6!!! 

Do you REALLY believe that when they said 3 hours that the KNEW it was actually 6? Really?

Stuff happens, haven't you ever done a project and had it turnout taking longer than anticipated?

Not knowing that the euro servers were enjoying a 3 day weekend is bad for them, they should have know and planned accordingly, but the rest is just a matter of things being done as they need to be done, the update hit a bump or two and it delayed the completion time.

They can't possibly give a time estimate for the second set of servers to be updated until the first set is finished and they know how long it takes. Some of you people are expecting knowledge that just can't be had, get over it.

SJ's primary goal seems to be getting people to like him, I am sure he is giving everyone the best info he has to give, otherwise we may not like him and that would be bad ;p

Old 04-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #351
Babin

Loremaster

Could someone clarify for me? How are the new prestige houses acquired?

Thanks in advance.

Babin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:47 PM   #352
vdpruett

Elder

Yes please....someone jump on here and tell us how to get one.  I'm only still here waiting to see the answer.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #353
Barq Bandit

Loremaster

From what I've read from SJ's post, the newest ones will be available via SC.  I've not seen what the prices will be, though.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #354
zhick

Loremaster

Dear Smoke and company

Can we please get an accurate update on the  progress of this patch, I'd like to escape real life for awhile.

Thanks

Old 04-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #355
Jalu
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Torment

Loremaster

I believe you can BUY one from the market place..  OMG more money I have to spend..wooot!!!!!

Jalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #356
Flamewi
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Gathering Shadows

General

7 hours of downtime now SMILEY

Figures. It's just my luck. I'm in a craptastical guild that was filled (mostly, but not totally) with backstabbing, no-talent people that never logged in to actually play the game but only logged in for raids. Got so bad I basically just started playing Rift during the day until raidtime hit then logged in for that (let's call it my job, lol) then logged off EQ2 to actually have a good time playing Rift.

Then... I finally get into a GOOD guild in EQ2 where people actually log in and play and have fun and stuff like this happens.

I hate you, Murphy's Law! LOL SMILEY

On the plus side, I'm sure tomorrow will be business as usual assuming the servers don't get taken down for some prestige housing exploit the devs didn't know anything about until the servers were allowed to come up and people got reported.

Here's to looking forward to playing again soon SMILEY

Flamewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #357
ranga

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Pikila wrote:

While i respect the job that you do Amnerys (personally i couldn't handle customer relations), to put it bluntly you can expect to flick your customers the bird and then expect not to get it back, overall with regards to this update the communcation from your dev team (i understand you just pass messages along) have been below woeful, which to be honest is what most of us expect these days.

As an aside if i were to take down my customers services (we run SaaS ) without prior warning and then were incompetent enough to blow our eta by double the amount we had said i would shortly find myself without a job.

Just wish communication had been better. 

But you forget, there are so many blind fanbois in these threads that actual accountability to perform customer service has gone out the window years ago. This will only take 3 hours wait no I meant 6!!! And when anyone wants to stand up and say "hey, I think u guys could do a better job communicating" the trolls come out in droves to say "You jerk go outside, programming is hard".  Well guess what. There is still a large number of subscribers that expect some level of  professionalism from the company they give their money to.

The customer service hasn't gone out the window, it's your apparent expectation of what customer service is that has gone through the roof. They are being absolutely professional here, and if you read your EULA they are providing the service you pay for in a manner you agreed to when you signed up. But suddenly there's the shrill cry from angry gamers OMG I DIDNT GET TO PLAY FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS GIMME FREE STUFF OR YOUR TERRIBLE. Where does that come from? Do you count the fries in your happy meal? Do you time the life of your lightbulbs to make sure you're getting maximum usage? And then do you go on a tirade when these things aren't to your specifics? Honestly the people who complain the loudest about how anyone else does their jobs, are the people who have the most unrealistic expectations and least amount of experience. I'm done feeding the trolls.

Really?

If you ordered a big mac and they said 'won't be a minute ma'am' and you were there 5 hours later, still waiting - would you mind? Would you not complain? If they then came back 8 hours later and said you can have two lots of fries for the price of one if you buy that as well, you might feel a little insulted?

I know on SP, there was not even a world msg from CS to say it was coming down. I personally don't mind the downtime, what I mind is the extremely poor communication about it and the even worse estimation of timescale. To cap it all, EU worlds are down at Pacific time. I understand the need to have people 'on-deck' to manage it, but it is our prime time. Other industries have to work occasional nights when workload demands, especially computer/software upgrades carried out outside peak times, why is it unrealistic to expect that for a paid service? Truth is, it's not unrealistic.

We do not think about a transfer of US server chars from EU costumers in Eq2. That should solve the biggest worries the EQ2 community has at the moment. We do not want to interfere with long build ingame relationships. This is the current way we think about it.

ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #358
vdpruett

Elder

Ahhh...in that case, if SoE wants to make things right, they should extend enough SC credit to everyone to purchase one prestige home from Station Cash.  Otherwise, the double sc comes across as being a slap in the face.  "You said it was to appease us for downtime...blah blah blah....but no you were going to do it so we'd buy the new houses anyway."

Definitely NOT a good PR move to just say you can get SC half price for a day only....not after upsetting so many people.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #359
Thundermouse

Loremaster

Any ideas On either Nag or Splitpaw?

Thundermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #360
Thundermouse

Loremaster

Any ideas On either Nag or Splitpaw?

Thundermouse is offline   Reply With Quote