EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2018, 02:48 AM   #1
Niami DenMother

Welcome to the great library of Myrist! It is quite large, so a small introduction might be in order, especially since the zone map won't be available immediately at the start of beta.

First off, mounts are not allowed in the zone, so you will likely want to have some sabertooth totems if you don't have your solstice speed buff.

Secondly, while it may look overwhelming at first glance, getting around is much easier when you realize that it is only 2 floors, and your major landmarks are all on primary compass points (NSEW). The listings below include compass point and floor number, so "E1" means East side, floor 1.

Locations of Interest to Crafters

E1 - entrance (including gear box, beta buffers), L - Comissary (Cookie, stove), R - Conservatory
S1 (side hallway) - sickroom (Dylindra)
S1 - prophecy portal (Disease, Valor, PoM)
S2 - crafter's/smith's portals: Smith's (workbench, woodworking table, Ghida, Ramyn, fuel/etc merchant), Crafter's (chem, loom, Mourndax)
W1/2 - elevator
N1 - Elemental portal gallery - Vegarlson (Earth), Doomfire (Fire, of course), Eryslai (Wind)
N2 - Services (engraved desk, banker, broker, status merchant) & Merchants Gallery (forge, mender, reforging, ammo merchant)
Yrag - first floor (roams)
Recipes for Adventure - second floor mezzanine area
The Scrivener - eastern side of the mezzanine (second floor)

One other thing to note when the crafting quests go live, recipes do not autoscribe, but all are labeled "Recipe Scroll: ___" to make it easier to find them in your bags.
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:06 PM   #2
Niami DenMother

Also, since it is asked a lot, the Grand Librarian's office is on the 2nd floor, south, off the room with the Crafter's and Smith's portals
Old 10-11-2018, 11:43 PM   #3
Niami DenMother

For all the folks who got mail from Ghida, she's not ready to come out of hiding yet. Tomorrow she will be at the spot listed above. Smile
Old 10-13-2018, 12:33 AM   #4
Niami DenMother

I left Temry off this list and can't edit my post ... Temry is in the Conservatory to start with ... East wing, first floor, the room due north of the entry area.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #5
Mermut

Do we know, yet, if there are going to be tradeskill dailies and weeklies and/or harvesting quests and the like this expac?
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:50 PM   #6
Sigrdrifa

I made a TinyURL for this post so I could use it when people had Beta questions: https://tinyurl.com/MyristLandmarks
Old 10-19-2018, 03:44 AM   #7
Niami DenMother

Here's an updated list, since a couple tables were added to the Smith's and Crafter's platforms and services/merchants platforms had some slight rearranging,

Locations of Interest to Crafters

E1 - entrance (including gear box, beta buffers), L - Comissary (Cookie, stove), R - Conservatory
S1 (side hallway) - sickroom (Dylindra)
S1 - prophecy portal (Disease, Valor, PoM)
S2 - crafter's/smith's portals: Smith's (workbench, woodworking table, forge, Ghida, Ramyn, fuel/etc merchant), Crafter's (chem table, loom, engraved desk, Mourndax), Grand Librarian's Office
W1/2 - elevator
N1 - Elemental portal gallery - Vegarlson (Earth), Doomfire (Fire, of course), Eryslai (Wind)
N2 - Services (banker, broker, mender/reforging) & Merchants Gallery (merchants: armor, ammo, status, heroic, armor, unlocked armor)
Yrag - first floor (roams)
Recipes for Adventure - second floor mezzanine area, south end
The Scrivener - eastern side of the mezzanine (second floor)
Old 10-20-2018, 02:48 AM   #8
Sigrdrifa

[IMG]
Old 11-03-2018, 11:14 PM   #9
Niami DenMother

Fleshed out notes and video walk-through of the zone can now be found here (though I'm loving Sigrdrifa's map ...):

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g775&menustr=115000000000
Old 11-03-2018, 11:26 PM   #10
Sigrdrifa

Feel free to use it if you wish. The way I visualize things needs me to draw a picture of it, hence maps Smile
Old 11-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #11
Cyrrena

Love this map.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #12
Cyrrena

I finished the TS Sig line but I did not get a backpack or a lot of the things listed in the clearing house. Is this because a lot of the rewards came in later and were not given retroactively?
Old 11-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #13
Pheidra

That's correct. The beta note's state that none of the rewards are given retroactively. You need to run the quest again if you'd like to see them!
Old 11-11-2018, 12:56 AM   #14
Whilhelmina

May I use your map for my website please? It's just perfect ! ( http://eq2artisans.faerylands.eu/ )
Old 11-11-2018, 01:21 AM   #15
Wimble

OMG how do i turn your site into English?! BigGrin
Old 11-11-2018, 02:58 AM   #16
Sigrdrifa

Sure.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:09 PM   #17
Whilhelmina

Thanks a lot I added it to my walkthrough BigGrin

You don't Wimble, sorry, it was the fansite for Storms Server back in the days and I maintain the TS questing infos in French for those who stayed on Thurgadin. You have EQ2 traders for english anyway!
The walkthrough for the signature is in french, but you have an .xls file to download with all the stats of everything crafted (but the mount stuff) that can be downloaded here: http://eq2artisans.faerylands.eu/uploads/images/CA-craft.xls
Old 11-11-2018, 04:47 PM   #18
Sigrdrifa

Actually, just paste the URL into Google Translate. It won't be a good translation, but enough that you can follow it. Or you can just use Niami's EQ2 Trader's Corner.