EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #1
rezmond666

I am not asking for you to let us do this with DBC, I am talking about real money, USD, GBP, EUR.

You already have a system in place for buying Krono's so I cant see that this will be difficult to put in?.

I have a few friends and guild mates that have no intention of buying the expansion because they don't like what they see and do not want to pay any more money for "more of the same", broken classes blah blah ( im not here to talk about that).

I assume you want to try and retain as many players as possible?. With that in mind, is there any chance you will let us buy the expansion and gift it to other players?. I don't really want to see some of my friends leave, they may quit anyway but if I buy them the expansion either way that's another £25 to you that you would not have got in the first place. Once they start playing it they may even decide they like it.

One thing I do know, the chances of them ever coming back after they have quit and not purchased the new expansion are far lower. Wheres the harm? surely its win win? with almost zero effort on your part to put in some sort of expansion "token" like the kronos that you can only buy with real money.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #2
Moss

I undestand the need and would really like to be able to buy a game key or any kind of token that could be gifted instead of having to log with my friend credentials and add my credit card details to buy the extension.

Now I could also undestand that it would be too easy for the krono/plates/items farmers to ask for an in-game token as a payment in exchange to whatever they could provide : X chrono or X mil of plates in exchange for a free extension for all their bots.

The game economy is already so broken that I would not want this option available, even if they could still ask for money though paypal/or any other payment service and still get the xpac for free, at least it will be at a greater risk for them.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:57 AM   #3
rezmond666

I understand what you are saying but they already do this, gifting an expansion wouldn't even be a small dent on the plat sales.

You can already buy Kronos for plat and sell them on the broker. People do this every day and huge numbers of Kronos are sold.

Unless they stop this and clamp down on the plat websites then I do not see how "gifting" an expansion will make the slightest bit of difference to the game economy?. There will always be far greater demand for Kronos (already available to buy/sell) than "expansion tokens".

On the other hand... not everyone wants to give you their password and full access to their account. By stopping this the only effect it really has is that DBG make less money, potentially fewer people get the new expansions and more people leave and don't come back.

And if you really want to fix the game economy the real answer is to go back to the days where plat has no use. For example remove plat infusion, no tradeable keys from key quests and so on.

When the ethereal runes came out, a few weeks in I saw rich plat farmers or people that paid for plat dump a few million on keys and get all 3 runes for multiple toons in a few minutes.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #4
Moss

Well, with the intruction of ancient spell at 10mil pp on the beta I'm really worried about the futur of the game economy and the pay2win effect linked to krono/plat farmer. But that's another subject.

As you said they will sell more extension and make more money if they allow some people to buy and gift the extension for friends or farmers. A short term gain.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:06 PM   #5
rezmond666

you also have to remember, they could fix it if they really wanted to. Its pretty easy to detect the botters. We have tons on our server. While DBG wont ever admit it, they bring in loads of money for them so they don't care.

You cant even report people for botting. The last time my friend tried the banned him instead. He took a video of 6 toon's running with bot scripts with no human at the helm and all they did was block my mates account the next time he tried to get back in and refused to unblock it again.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #6
rezmond666

you also have to remember, they could fix it if they really wanted to. Its pretty easy to detect the botters. We have tons on our server. While DBG wont ever admit it, they bring in loads of money for them so they don't care.

You cant even report people for botting. The last time my friend tried the banned him instead. He took a video of 6 toon's running with bot scripts with no human at the helm and all they did was block my mates account the next time he tried to get back in and refused to unblock it again.